Yeager

Trees

Lol, I'm all for variation and I'll make maps in areas to do something different. I think subtlety in changing environments is great and is the whole point of mods.

You have to consider other things as well however. Is there a performance drop as a result? Are the props adding to an area or are they intrusive? What would be the point of adding these props? Does it make sense for a prop to be there?

Take placing a tree for example. You don't just have to consider the visible part of the tree but also the roots, especially if it's a big tree. Tree roots will fuck a road surface up over time. As they take in water, they expand and grow which as you can imagine moves the earth around it.

• Like 1

The trees have returned. Known bugs have been fixed, and in response to the feedback, we have also removed certain objects from the DLC that were seen as too obstructive for driving fast, like immovable bollards, concrete  planters, etc., especially if those places had poor aesthetic value and were too scattered. The purpose of the mod is purely aesthetics. Criminals might be able to leverage the new trees as well, as police cars can also crash into the new terrain, it might be good for cover from bullets and hiding from the police helicopter.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 1:05 AM, Osvaldon said:

The trees have returned. Known bugs have been fixed, and in response to the feedback, we have also removed certain objects from the DLC that were seen as too obstructive for driving fast, like immovable bollards, concrete  planters, etc., especially if those places had poor aesthetic value and were too scattered. The purpose of the mod is purely aesthetics. Criminals might be able to leverage the new trees as well, as police cars can also crash into the new terrain, it might be good for cover from bullets and hiding from the police helicopter.

It does indeed look a tonne better. Cheers!

As someone who lived in LA their whole life, these palm trees are in literally every neighborhood - poor or not. Every house I've lived at had at least one palm tree in the backyard or front yard. Huge improvement to the looks and makes the city feel bigger since there aren't 10km sightlines on every street now.

-1, great RP addition and could do with even more.

From my perspective I have not had any noticeable drop in FPS, whilst I can understand the perspective that some trees may now block evasion routes this is like a map change in any other game. new routes will be found and the police have to avoid these new obstacles too. give it time. I cant speak to realism as I have never lived in an LA hood but from an aesthetic standpoint it looks quite pretty.