Vasquez

Concerns about unaware new players.

Hello,
I have over a couple of days, now seen a lot of players unaware of the rules. Majority of these being part of the " New player " group.
This involved everything from writing " xD " ICly, to being completely unaware of basic roleplay, such as /me's and /do's.

Which led me to ask myself.
Who accept the quiz interviews from new players?

I know the quiz was hard, at least I put a lot of effort into mine, yet I see players as mentioned above.
So, I'm just trying to wrap my head around this, according to me, problem.

Have anyone else experienced players ( Especially new players ) who are on the server, have completed the quiz, yet still don't know the basics? ( Such as not knowing what NZO is, /me,/do etc ?)
or am I the only one experiencing these kind of encounters?

Applications are handled by Support Staff and above. The majority of them are handled by Supports and Senior Supports, as it is labeled as one of their duties in the position they're in. 

I think a lot of the issues that occur are other people doing quizzes for players, when they should be doing it themselves. 

We are working on ways to become more strict in our application and to prevent others from doing applications for their friends.

-Flucifial

• Like 1

A suggestion that I have is to have a vocal interview with new players. This is seriously harder to cheat on and gives a better picture of who you are dealing with. Basically every other RP server I have played on had this as a mandatory step in the process. I understand that it requires more effort from the staff team, but an interview does not have to take long and I think the current state of the server is so extreme that such an extreme measure is warranted. 

• Like 1

My question is. I'm driving down the road at 100 kph and some one says pull over. and you don't respond and they shoot at you is that Fail RP. if not it should be.

case: I am traveling 100 kph by my self. A car comes up to me with two people in it. the passenger says pull over. I do not pull over. and then they start shooting.

To me that is a fail RP. For one at 100 kph I am sure but if anyone drives that fast. All you would hear is the wind. also how can they yell at you with there windows up and mine are up also. 

To me if I was going to rob someone I would follow them to a destination and then rob them when they stop. I would like to know what admins think or more clarification on this. I don't mind getting robbed. but at same time. whats the point if i'm driving a transport I may have a radio and some food. so whats the point. to me it seems like a wast of time. 

1 hour ago, Tylergo20 said:

My question is. I'm driving down the road at 100 kph and some one says pull over. and you don't respond and they shoot at you is that Fail RP. if not it should be.

case: I am traveling 100 kph by my self. A car comes up to me with two people in it. the passenger says pull over. I do not pull over. and then they start shooting.

To me that is a fail RP. For one at 100 kph I am sure but if anyone drives that fast. All you would hear is the wind. also how can they yell at you with there windows up and mine are up also. 

To me if I was going to rob someone I would follow them to a destination and then rob them when they stop. I would like to know what admins think or more clarification on this. I don't mind getting robbed. but at same time. whats the point if i'm driving a transport I may have a radio and some food. so whats the point. to me it seems like a wast of time. 

Yes it's deemed as fail rp. 

1 hour ago, Tylergo20 said:

If your in a moving vehicle. Going on a normal speed. You may ignore those demands. As shouting out of a car like that would fall under the NonRP rule. If you check some archived punishment appeals you should get a better picture of it.

17 hours ago, MusketDeezNuts said:

If your in a moving vehicle. Going on a normal speed. You may ignore those demands. As shouting out of a car like that would fall under the NonRP rule. If you check some archived punishment appeals you should get a better picture of it.

thanks for that info i am currently looking at more of them. Thank you for the info.

I have definitely advocated for the revision of the application process. It's not working. Anyone who puts 'xD' ICly is either A.) completely clueless of what roleplay is and in that case has googled the roleplay quiz answers or B.) genuinely a shitty player and either case proves the point mentioned.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JasonG said:

I have definitely advocated for the revision of the application process. It's not working. Anyone who puts 'xD' ICly is either A.) completely clueless of what roleplay is and in that case has googled the roleplay quiz answers or B.) genuinely a shitty player and either case proves the point mentioned.

yes

• Like 1