forgonesoul

New players and robbing

So I recently ran into an issue with "New player(s)" robbing others. I myself almost was robbed by one of them. Upon asking an admin about new players robbing or if they had to wait, I was told they could but not vice versa. Which leads me to this. Whats stopping me from creating a new character specifically to rob other players with out having the worry of getting robbed while the "New Player" tag is still active? I suggest that a rule change should be made that does not allow for "New Players" to rob others until the tag is gone, or just completely removing that rule entirely as its rather contradicting that it is allowed. What are your (The community) thoughts on this?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, forgonesoul said:

So I recently ran into an issue with "New player(s)" robbing others. I myself almost was robbed by one of them. Upon asking an admin about new players robbing or if they had to wait, I was told they could but not vice versa. Which leads me to this. Whats stopping me from creating a new character specifically to rob other players with out having the worry of getting robbed while the "New Player" tag is still active? I suggest that a rule change should be made that does not allow for "New Players" to rob others until the tag is gone, or just completely removing that rule entirely as its rather contradicting that it is allowed. What are your (The community) thoughts on this?

Just report it if you your under 1000 experience or what ever it is

17 minutes ago, DDevastatedTV said:

Just report it if you your under 1000 experience or what ever it is

No no, not saying I as a new player am getting robbed. I am saying, new players who are robbing others are also not able to get robbed due to the rule not allowing you to rob them. 

Yeah.  On one hand, the rule is designed just to prevent absolute new players from getting chain robbed within 5 minutes of joining and getting frustrated then leaving.  On the other hand, we also need to be fair to our older players and demonstrate equality.  Doesn't make sense that someone can rob you and you can't rob them.

+1

The idea about adding the " New player " above their head, and increase the player XP was to eliminate new players getting robbed.
New players robbing other's seems like an exploit.

Maybe make new players unable to buy weapons until they reach the xp limit marker at 5000 xp?

+1

3 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

The idea about adding the " New player " above their head, and increase the player XP was to eliminate new players getting robbed.
New players robbing other's seems like an exploit.

Maybe make new players unable to buy weapons until they reach the xp limit marker at 5000 xp?

+1

I like the idea, but I see its downsides:
Guns are not always used in criminal activities. Also, how will you prevent them getting guns with the help of others? I already had tons of people asking me to get a gun for them because they didn't had their gun license yet to get one themselves.
I don't think limiting will help in this case. 

Personally I can't think of any other solution involving scripts. I think just written rules should be made against this and peopel just need to report when broken.

• Like 1

I was robbed last night by 5-6 players together with the new player tag. They all seemed to know how to RP pretty well, knew where the drug labs were and driving nice cars.

Seemed really sketchy.

Disable mug, frisk, and inventory search or disable the tag as soon as they do that command or fire a weapon?

Edited by Xoza

5 minutes ago, Xoza said:

I was robbed last night by 5-6 players together with the new player tag. They all seemed to know how to RP pretty well, knew where the drug labs were and driving nice cars.

Seemed really sketchy.

Disable mug, frisk, and inventory search or disable the tag as soon as they do that command or fire a weapon?

When firing a weapon won't be an option I think. There is plenty of times people use a controller while driving and using the handbreak in combination with the server desync can cause a person to start shooting while the person "shooting" doesn't see that (happend to me alot in the past when I didn't know that was a thing). Yesterday at LSC there was a person shot, because others got shot by the person in a car. The person in the car informed OOC he never shot someone, but everyoen else saw him shooting.