Aerotactics

There should be a rule for UNRP driving!

I'm going to go off on a tangent because I see literally everyone driving like its GTA online, and its not. Actually, the only people who don't drive like fucking retards is new players.

Here's what I'm saying: There's a difference between UNRP driving and driving recklessly.

Driving UNRPly:
* Driving down an UP offramp CASUALLY
* Driving in the incoming lane CASUALLY
* Driving at top speed through Los Santos CASUALLY
* Driving on the sidewalk and knocking over streetlights CASUALLY
Its always players with super cars that I see this shit: players who have been on this server a while. In real life, these are a death sentences, and your character should not be that dense to not fear death. Realistically, your character would be smart enough not to drive this way, especially if you've been driving these roads for as long as you guys have. These are all happening without even a police chase going on. It's just players driving like its GTA online.

Reckless driving:
* Speeding
* Running red lights
* Swerving into the oncoming lane accidentally
* Using the wrong offramp because your GPS is wrong or you misread the signs

Message to everyone: Please, stay in your lane, drive like a human and not a robot who doesn't have feelings for others lives.

EDIT: I shit you not, I ran into 3 UNRP driving situations in the 3 hours after making this thread. Everyone is defending this poor driving RP and calling it "in-character" offenses. This shit seriously has to stop. The only people defending it are the long time players that have molded the driving to this standard. This is not realistic driving, and this needs to be stopped.

Edited by Aerotactics
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for making this thread.

I agree that non rp driving is a huge problem.
I've been driving a courier truck for a while now, and I do agree that I sometimes end up speeding, which have already given me a ticket or two.
But I follow the road signs and I stay in my lane.

Yet, most people that pass me, and its almost always super cars that does this, are all over the road, swerving all over the road, both on the right side and the left side of the road.
I understand if something ICly happen that give you a good reason for driving like this ( Being chased by the cops )
But it seems like everyone does it, going 120 on the wrong side of the road ( or the right side of the road for that matter ) for no other reason than to get from A to B faster.

It's honestly like some players think that driving have nothing to do with RP.

I would love players to be punished for non-rp driving, so +1 from me.

That being said, there's only 3 legal speed limits, and it aint that hard to remember

70 for city
110 for bigger roads outside the city
130 for highway

/cruise 70 is great, I always have it set so I can toggle it when I hit the city.

17 minutes ago, Vasquez said:

I've been driving a courier truck for a while now, and I do agree that I sometimes end up speeding, which have already given me a ticket or two.
But I follow the road signs and I stay in my lane.

I agree, my character speeds and runs red lights often, as there is very little chance of actually intercepting with someone. I always stay in my lane, though, and I always drive with caution. I slow down and let others pass first, as my rig takes longer to turn and maneuver.

EDIT: I dont care if anyone runs red lights, I dont care if anyone is speeding, but take precautions and expect other drivers.

Edited by Aerotactics

Huge +1

Even as a member of PD I constantly have super cars (and even regular cars) that will fly past me on the wrong side of the road, blow a light that I am stopping at and even run up on sidewalks. We're not asking that you set your /cruise to 80 and drive through the city the entire time like that, but just stay on the right side of the road and quit racing everywhere. I don't always stop and wait at all lights unless there is a large gathering of people around, but at the very least I slow down, yield and proceed when it's clear. Just use some common sense and it'll make playing the game more enjoyable for you and others.

On another server I played on back in my days of SAMP, there was a strict rule for RP Driving. You'd receive a warning and/or kick from the server for Non-RP Driving that went on your admin record. If enough offences came through, you'd be banned for it. Any respectable player or veteran would be driving appropriately because it was just the way it was. We need to make that happen here.

Edited by LiveTrash

8 minutes ago, LiveTrash said:

We're not asking that you set your /cruise to 80 and drive through the city the entire time like that, but just stay on the right side of the road and quit racing everywhere. I don't always stop and wait at all lights unless there is a large gathering of people around, but at the very least I slow down, yield and proceed when it's clear. Just use some common sense and it'll make playing the game more enjoyable for you and others.

This is all I'm asking. Drive more human and stay in your lane.

45 minutes ago, attacking said:

-1 The problem has to be solved by the police,  not the Rule.

agreed, but unless there isn’t traffic, speeding about be okay until PD does something more about shootings instead of speed, I’m more worried about all the crime than just people driving fast