Shurples

Spawned Vehicles with items inside to steal

I would like to suggest that the spawned vehicles that are meant for stealing should have spawned items inside them that can be sold, since chop shops are difficult to come across. The spawned items should vary and have a spawn rate so it's different each time.

The items I've thought to suggest are:

Edited by Shadow
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 8

+1 The red shading from gloveboxes/trunks needs to be removed from npc cars as we were told these vehicles would spawn with mods on them as to find it hard to distinguish from player owned to npc, this would be a great way for any criminals or police to set up sting cars in order to locate chop shops. Right now its easily MG in its current state these quality of life improvements are just what we need!! 

Edited by apologisemeow

47 minutes ago, MrSilky said:

I think this is a good idea!

@AnakinB- What do you reckon?

Yeah its pretty good, would be dope to sell stolen jewelry to the pawn shop. I'd like to see car speakers spawn in them but honestly they're way to expensive to spawn in the cars sadly. I am also not sure how the cash would work either, like get in the car and your given the cash? or you find a packed cash with a random amount from 1-500 would be dope as hell. You should @ a dev next time tho not me. Big +1 in the end tho I'll get Harries input while we are here. @HarryValentino

Edited by AnakinB

23 minutes ago, AnakinB said:

Yeah its pretty good, would be dope to sell stolen jewelry to the pawn shop. I'd like to see car speakers spawn in them but honestly they're way to expensive to spawn in the cars sadly. I am also not sure how the cash would work either, like get in the car and your given the cash? or you find a packed cash with a random amount from 1-500 would be dope as hell. You should @ a dev next time tho not me. Big +1 in the end tho I'll get Harries input while we are here. @HarryValentino

idk I can't read but @Shwy can help 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 8:36 PM, Shadow said:

I would like to suggest that the spawned vehicles that are meant for stealing should have spawned items inside them that can be sold, since chop shops are difficult to come across. The spawned items should vary and have a spawn rate so it's different each time.

The items I've thought to suggest are:

• Cash
  • Bobby pins (amount should vary per vehicle)
  • Car speaker
  • Jewellery (Would be better if we had thumbnails of the items)
  • Tools like a drill, crowbar, screwdriver. (Perhaps in like a work vehicle that matches the rp)

I don't think that having bobby pins, cash or jewellery in a car makes any sense. Maybe some other items like clothes, gps, map, jerry can and others. We all do have some spare change in our cars but cash? Doubt

Glad to see @AnakinB agrees.

Dont forget to NerfPD

+1 as you sometimes find out if car is owned by player or server only after you initiate picklocking mechanics. 

I for myself aim for player owned cars when I need to find illegal things or legal ones that I can quickly cash in for some sweet pawn money, therefore I understand it might be awful feeling to find out your car and valuable items in them are lost, but the current system where nothing is in NPC cars just makes me choose this harsh path, and every car I pick I pray to Jesus that I don't get cought red handed, as I don't know who owns the car, could be some nasty criminals.

Anyways, foreplay aside:

It would perfectly fit if there would be some "better grade" items in those cars sometimes too, point fiddy, micro, kilo of hash etc etc are just few of options. Because currently it is more close to "very high risk - zero reward" situation, especially in more populated time zones. Cops magically see in their wonderful MDC that car is stolen (even tho there is Noone rply that reports it) and you gon get down. It is already at least one hour ( ooc) in prison, plus if you add attempted evasion, unlawful possession/use of deadly weapon, you go down for a lot of time, and all that for a tiny reward. This tiny reward is also not easy to get, because if you decide to chop the car without its engine, whole carcass, you get 5-10k, that is, if all the steps were successful.

But cops are not the only risk factors - other criminals, bugs, it all narrows the chance of getting that cash really low. 

For a good QoL change, I would say that cops should NOT see on their MDC if car is stolen or not, only after thorough RP of checking Vin number at traffic stop, and it would need a good cause too. That would balance the absurd amount of risk you need to go trough to get tiny reward. On the other hand, if these cars would have some items In them, it would make more people to steal NPC cars and leaving player cars alone, because they would not have that high motivation to make trouble for players in attempt to loot some clothes or food. Also, not everyone picklocks / steals NPC cars to chop them, sometimes it is just cheaper to travel from point A to point B. 

TL:DR - add items (various) in NPC cars, remove option from cops to instantly spot stolen NPC car. 

+1, at the end of the day, these are "Civilian Cars" and personally I don't know anyone who doesn't keep anything inside there vehicle. We could even take this a step further and have the items in the car vary depending on the location of the car. For example a sport car in Vinewood, a luxury expensive area would be more likely to have expensive item in it, while towards Strawberry/Grove area, it would be less likely. 

All in all i think this is a great idea, as someone who does chops on the daily.

• Like 1