CycloneDavid

More Police in AEST

Hey all,

I'm a player from Australia, so my game time each night consists of playing from around 5pm till 10-11pm.

I've applied the right forms (and been granted) for the Ride Along Program to get my foot in the door with the PD, and every night I go to the Station and request the ride, though every night I get the same response.

I'm told that there are only minimal Officers on, most of which are either Cadet's or PO1 which can not conduct the ride - and I'm told by those playing that the majority are obviously in different time zones.

Now I'm not saying I'll even pass the criteria to become a PO, but perhaps would it be an idea to open the applications for more people on this time zone to keep the game going?

(I guess the same could apply for the server to reach out for more Medics as a lot of the time there are none at all online through my game time)

The main problem you'll have at those timezones is for someone to do your academy and field training programs, as most if not all field training officers are on a UK or US timezone. However, we do have a couple of aussies in the PD at the moment, and I expect that when the applications open again, there will be more people applying.

I complete understand the training process factor. Perhaps that could be slightly eliminated on weekends as I'm sure more people of my timezone would be more available during the day for game play/training.

I log onto the forums at work and can see 150+ on during my workday, and that's awesome. It would be great to be involved with that much activity as oppose to the 35-65 range that's on in my timezone. But going back to some of my previous posts about balance criminal activity over civilian - Half of the problem I guess is the fact that there are no medics and police on duty in my time zone (or not enough to play out good RP's) so there really is nothing to do but rob people, and I think that gets boring after a while for all involved.

My suggestion basically brings to the attention of maybe focusing on getting more people on this time zone applying to keep things running. If/When the applications open again your no doubt going to get bombarded with more UK and US applicants, so maybe spread that into timezones (eg: applications open to X time zone, then do another process for the other).

Just a thought.

Hi. I run the FTP for PD (Which is how people go from cadets to Po1). We've recently had an influx of Aussie players (whilst it might not seem like it). I have the same idea as you though, I would like to be able to beef up the Aussie PD presence. 

This is something I am looking into though I can assure you, I've been trying to get more officers for different, less populated timezones. I'm not a part of recruitment however so I can't tell you from that side of things.

Thank you for your response @BroskiBen

There have been PO1 on duty that have been extremely helpful and more than happy to do these rides that I meet each night, though aren't obviously granted the permissions to do so.

If certain PO1 are reviewed and trusted enough to know at least the basics in showing someone like myself, and trusted enough to be able to give feedback on said ride along to his/her superiors, then it might be worth the temporary permission in a case by case situation whilst these new measures are put in place (??)

The issue I now face though is I'm approaching my 7 days granted permission date and still have not met a PO2 to conduct the ride along, even though I've been to the PD every night since being granted, and by that I mean I've returned to the PD within a 1 to 6 hour time bracket each night with no luck. I have no issue re-applying obviously, though I'm sure this creates more unnecessary paperwork.

Thank you again for looking into this matter though.

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2018 at 1:01 PM, CycloneDavid said:

Hey all,

I'm a player from Australia, so my game time each night consists of playing from around 5pm till 10-11pm.

I've applied the right forms (and been granted) for the Ride Along Program to get my foot in the door with the PD, and every night I go to the Station and request the ride, though every night I get the same response.

I'm told that there are only minimal Officers on, most of which are either Cadet's or PO1 which can not conduct the ride - and I'm told by those playing that the majority are obviously in different time zones.

Now I'm not saying I'll even pass the criteria to become a PO, but perhaps would it be an idea to open the applications for more people on this time zone to keep the game going?

(I guess the same could apply for the server to reach out for more Medics as a lot of the time there are none at all online through my game time)

Msg me on discord when ya wanna go for a ridealong

Casey#3272