Flak

No need for cops to get impound

It makes you think twice about doing something where you would be inconvenienced to have your car impounded for which is pretty immersive and makes sense.

Additionally, there is RP to be had in interacting with LEOs during the process. How are people's days going, any local gossip, discussing the cars, etc. 

We should be encouraging opportunities to RP and not prioritizing things behind scripts that can be done by a player solo in a situation already reduced in reality for gameplay reasons.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mikazuki Ueno said:

It makes you think twice about doing something where you would be inconvenienced to have your car impounded for which is pretty immersive and makes sense.

Additionally, there is RP to be had in interacting with LEOs during the process. How are people's days going, any local gossip, discussing the cars, etc. 

We should be encouraging opportunities to RP and not prioritizing things behind scripts that can be done by a player solo in a situation already reduced in reality for gameplay reasons.

RP opportunities.... cops don't come to impound , people hate impound, waste of time ic/ooc.  I think most people don't care about impound fines, but the aspect it can take up to like 1 hour afk at impound to get a cop around , even when PD comes it's just a quick /showlicense and that's all , no rp whatsoever.

This aint the place to encourage RP opportunitie, it's just an annoying part.

I would allow people to release their vehicles by themselves if they have no fines or charges.

There are already other ways to check via script if you are wanted so this would not change anything other than streamline a process.

This would not remove roleplay either as an officer can always come and roleplay releasing the car as well. 

An automatic impound system could make sense but would have to be a bit more in-depth to accommodate for the checks that the police do. 

Add an NPC to the booth;

1. Interact with the NPC to try and release your car. 
  2. If you don't have an active driver's license (either suspended or missing), you will be informed of such by the NPC and you won't get your car. 
  3. If you have an active driver's license and no criminal charges, the NPC would send you a prompt of the price. If you choose to pay, the car would come out within a few minutes (5-10 seems reasonable). The money wouldn't be taken until the car is released. 
  4. If you have criminal charges with an active driver's license, the NPC would send you a prompt of the price and initiate the same process as #3. But this would also send a notification to the police that X person is trying to release their car whilst having active criminal charges. After the 5-10 minutes, the car just wouldn't come out and you wouldn't be charged. This is obviously the step someone can use the script and interact with an NPC to find out if they are wanted, but at least the police are given 5-10 minutes to make an attempt to take the player into custody.
  5. If you have criminal charges without an active driver's license, you'd simply get the prompt from #2. 

This would cover what the police do currently, they check someone's license, they check their record, and if they are wanted, they make an attempt to take the person into custody. It's the only balance in my eyes that could replicate this process. 

Mechanics cannot complete the process that the police does right now to release a car. 

Though, my suggestion of a system could be a bit flawed and probably developed better, as currently, there can be directives by the government that X group/person can't retrieve their vehicle from the impound because of X reason, for X period. Most recently, due to IC events, LSD for example couldn't get their vehicles back for I believe 48 hours. Not sure how this could be replicated in an automated system.  

However, I am not sure if this would be a development priority right now, but I do support some form of automation as long as it can cover the process that's being done right now by actual police players. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FatherOsborn said:

Though, my suggestion of a system could be a bit flawed and probably developed better, as currently, there can be directives by the government that X group/person can't retrieve their vehicle from the impound because of X reason, for X period. Most recently, due to IC events, LSD for example couldn't get their vehicles back for I believe 48 hours. Not sure how this could be replicated in an automated system.  

However, I am not sure if this would be a development priority right now, but I do support some form of automation as long as it can cover the process that's being done right now by actual police players. 

I would suggest the following

/limitimpound [Fname_Lname] [Duration] [Reason]

/unlimitimpound [Fname_Lname]

/limitimpoundview - shows all players currently limited by the impound commands

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FatherOsborn said:

An automatic impound system could make sense but would have to be a bit more in-depth to accommodate for the checks that the police do. 

Add an NPC to the booth;

2. If you don't have an active driver's license (either suspended or missing), you will be informed of such by the NPC and you won't get your car. 
  3. If you have an active driver's license and no criminal charges, the NPC would send you a prompt of the price. If you choose to pay, the car would come out within a few minutes (5-10 seems reasonable). The money wouldn't be taken until the car is released. 
  4. If you have criminal charges with an active driver's license, the NPC would send you a prompt of the price and initiate the same process as #3. But this would also send a notification to the police that X person is trying to release their car whilst having active criminal charges. After the 5-10 minutes, the car just wouldn't come out and you wouldn't be charged. This is obviously the step someone can use the script and interact with an NPC to find out if they are wanted, but at least the police are given 5-10 minutes to make an attempt to take the player into custody.
  5. If you have criminal charges without an active driver's license, you'd simply get the prompt from #2. 

This would cover what the police do currently, they check someone's license, they check their record, and if they are wanted, they make an attempt to take the person into custody. It's the only balance in my eyes that could replicate this process. 

Mechanics cannot complete the process that the police does right now to release a car. 

+1

5 hours ago, FatherOsborn said:

Add an NPC to the booth;

+1

On 8/12/2022 at 8:46 PM, FatherOsborn said:

Add an NPC to the booth;

+1 

On 8/12/2022 at 9:04 AM, Mikazuki Ueno said:

i don't understand this argument at all, there are no rp opps produced from sitting afk for 20 minuets waiting for a police officer to come to the impound other than /me signs the release papers. As much as i can understand how it seems from an outside perspective or a perspective from someone who doesn't often get their cars impounded, however as someone who gets involved in a lot of crim rp and is chased by police alot, i would say that its pretty poor when i have to wait 20mins to an hour just to get the /me in for signing some release papers 🙂

+1

People have already mentioned that this would just make things simply more enjoyable, from the stand point that PD and SD are engaging in all sorts of RP across the city and county and all of your RP is completely halted while waiting for someone to think, "fine, I'll go". It would simply make people happier, balancing the pros and cons, the pros win. 

A question of RP is similar to that at the scrapyard, or Mors, even comparative to the parking system, click a button, select a vehicle and bring it out, if we are demanding people use roleplay in the form of /me's and /do's at the impound, perhaps we'd need to enforce it elsewhere. 

The issue here is not just loss of player interaction, its loss of investigative ability for LEO factions. LEO's are already very limited on what they can do to track people down and investigate crimes, and using impound reports and interactions at the impound is part of LEO's capability to do so by understanding vehicles a person may own and exactly what those vehicles look like along with their license plate info, etc.

Automating the impound removes those reports and interactions and limits investigative ability and RP opps. I can agree with some level of automation when there are little to no LEOs on duty, but aside from that, its a -1 from me. 

On 8/12/2022 at 8:46 PM, FatherOsborn said:

Add an NPC to the booth;

+1