Raven52

Allow old Felonies to be wiped clean

I feel this would be a good thing RPly especially for those like me that joined and made a small mistake 2 days into the server. I want to be cleared of my one felony that has loomed over my head for two years in game. Everyone says make an ALT, I say well yea that is an option. However I am deep into my character Johnny Bmore and wanna focus on him. I stole an RV that was running in Paleto before I fully understood the consequences.

My fault yes, but I feel we have come far enough to allow a petition to be made in order to clean your record after a long period has passed without felony charges. This would enhance the government RP for JB giving them something more to do court wise. We could have it be a process of filing to have your record wiped, then go in front of a judge to then decide if you fit the criteria to have your record expunged.  I am a DOC officer and have been a Master EMT for LSEMS for a very long time. I feel it is time to let people like me get a clean sweep for RP purposes in order to open doors for me and others that have stayed clean for almost two years on one character.

Thank you for reading 

JB

Johnny_Bmore-1653491865003.jpg

• Like 4

+1

i dont like the idea of having to split your characters out to facilitate the two lives, obviously with serious consequences if you do get caught doing anything and a long time with no felonies before you can bring it before a judge.

• Like 1

If you're in DOC and MD after "reforming" why do you need it expunged. The only thing you're locked out of doing is PD and SD really, yes some people fuck up their character on the first few days but instead I think you just make it part of the character development and if you want a truly clean slate make an alt.

That being said, record expunges have happened IC in the past, I don't see any need for an OOC way for it to be done.

Edit: that's not to say some IC way of "forgiving" lesser things that can be proven to be a silly mistake won't be a good idea. I mean look at DOC hiring people with form C is going well. But that depends on the specific charges and the time. But I think it's mostly an IC conversation as opposed to OOC

1 minute ago, Ash said:

If you're in DOC and MD after "reforming" why do you need it expunged. The only thing you're locked out of doing is PD and SD really, yes some people fuck up their character on the first few days but instead I think you just make it part of the character development and if you want a truly clean slate make an alt.

That being said, record expunges have happened IC in the past, I don't see any need for an OOC way for it to be done.

I am saying an IC way not OOC to expunge records after a certain amount of time has passed with no new offenses and only for certain felonies, not all felonies. I would maybe like to join SD PD in the future, under Johnny Bmore as I am deep in on him. I don't see why it would be an issue to have a way you can file to request expungement then allow a judge to decide. I feel it would enhance JB RP overall giving them a new thing to do in court. 

27 minutes ago, Freclan said:

so suggest it icly

I have and I am always told, "Make an ALT" and have also tried to file with courts but was told it has to be within 2 weeks of the crime committed to request a case to be taken off your record. So I thought this would be an appropriate place to suggest it to be implemented. If it is not, then I will withdraw the suggestion.

If this is an IC only issue and cannot be implemented through this form of suggestion please admin remove this suggestion, my bad if I should not have posted it here. I figured it would enhance RP for JB and the court system. 

Big +1

I have been playing here since 2019 and back in the day, I did some crimes in like first days when I joined the gang and even now being clean for 3 years, I still can't get even a chance of ride along and its really annoying.

I would maybe wish to join LSPD or Sheriffs Department but because of some mistakes I did in first days, when I got in the server, I still can't apply for Police work and I think its really just unfair.

And I don't want to make another character just for the Police.

• Like 1

While it's understandable that YOU want another chance after YOU made a mistake, you have to consider that there are factions on this server that take themselves seriously and breaking the law seriously. Hiring convicted criminals brings the department into disrepute.

I'm not a fan of anything that allows people to break the law, get caught and then end up with lesser consequences without it. I don't want to share a faction with other people that have committed crimes because I like to cling onto what semblance of realism and logic I can.

It's unfortunate for your character but it's not unfair. Actions have consequences. We have suspended and kicked people out of the faction for getting a criminal record in PD, we don't play when it comes to that stuff.

In my view, it would be nice if some of the other government factions took the same approach but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, Bala said:

While it's understandable that YOU want another chance after YOU made a mistake, you have to consider that there are factions on this server that take themselves seriously and breaking the law seriously. Hiring convicted criminals brings the department into disrepute.

I'm not a fan of anything that allows people to break the law, get caught and then end up with lesser consequences without it. I don't want to share a faction with other people that have committed crimes because I like to cling onto what semblance of realism and logic I can.

It's unfortunate for your character but it's not unfair. Actions have consequences. We have suspended and kicked people out of the faction for getting a criminal record in PD, we don't play when it comes to that stuff.

In my view, it would be nice if some of the other government factions took the same approach but it is what it is.

I totally get what you are saying. My only argument is if it has been a mega long time and or if its non violent type cases, those should be considered. I know IRL after so long you can expunge records completely after so much time passes with no new cases. So realism is there for what I am presenting. 

Edited by Dabbinfire

I don't know any place on earth where police clears your record after a certain time. Things you did are kept on a file for a reason and the record doesn't really get deleted nor it can be.

I might be wrong, but it makes no sense to me and I cannot find RP logic in deleting records.

Hello @Dabbinfire and thank you very much for the suggestion. As noted by @Ash, I will reiterate that record sealing/expungement has happened through In-Character means and due to this the entirety of this suggestion is much more of an IC matter as opposed to OOC. Regardless of that, thank you for the suggestion and I hope this response can lead you further with a bit more knowledge! Best wishes to you!

Thread locked and archived.