Sico

Do not let OOC politics affect gangs ICly.

Do you want the Russian Mob to come back?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Would you guys like to see some Russian Roleplay in the server again?

• Yes, we love Russian roleplay/culture!
    • No, I do not feel comfortable about this.

Let us remake Russians as it has nothing to do with the outside world. Russian Mob has not only been a faction in this server but a official one which

has been around for over three years. We want to bring our high quality roleplay back and not have our roleplay limited because of ‘events’ happening IRL,

we understand it might be a touchy subject for some hence why we want to have a discussion about it to get the communities opinions as we have no ill intent with roleplaying as the Russian mob only to have fun.

I'd like to know what you guys think about this. 

Edited by Sico
  • Like 9
  • YAY 4
  • Upvote 8

+1 OOC politics should NOT be a swaying factor icly these are two complete different scenarios, the Russian Mob is completely different then the Russian Government IRL.IT IS considerate to not allow russian flags due to ongoing conflicts OOCLY, but if thats the case, why arent other aspects of the server censored? Police conflict is as much as a part of the server as a nationality, yet police conflicts occurrs 10x more and can be more traumatising when you take into consideration the financial and emotional, physical damage being arrested can cause.

-weapons as well

-gang conflicts

Edited by Ty Shipley
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 8

+1 I get the statement that some people might get offended by seeing Russian flags ingame, but at the end of the day - no ill intent is made. These guys just want to continue a faction that they loved that has unfortunately disbanded before. If the Russian Mob would still be an official faction until today, would they have to disband/rebrand? I think that they would've had a good impact on the server if the Russian Mob was back on the server.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 7

100% +1111111111111111111111 

I do not fully understand why OOC reasons are being brought ICly Involving Russia, resulting In a prevention for their to be a Russian Mob on a RP server. This server for most people Is here to get away from the real world, bringing the real world issues into the server shouldn't really be happening.   

Their has been Russian Mob RP In eclipse for 3 years In total, during this time there has been a Russian gang who made official. I do not agree with It being forbidden from the server. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

While I completely understand how sensitive, and rightfully so, the terrible situation in Ukraine is right now due to the disgusting actions and war crimes of the Russian government irl, I do not agree that it should reach and punish an players on an RP server on a video game, especially when the faction ICly has made 0 references to the war in Ukraine. As Ty pointed out, racism and police brutality is a terrible, constant, prevalent issue irl yet I do not see it punishing PD icly. Sexism is a terrible, constant, prevalent issue irl yet I do not see the Lost MC being punished icly. Terrorism is a terrible, constant, prevalent issue yet I do not see Underground being punished for it icly, neither was Daichead Gadai punished for supplying the IRA, a group recognized by the UK and the USA governments as "a proscribed terrorist organisation". 

Russian war crimes were committed against innocent Syrians, frighteningly alike to the ones in Ukraine today. I did not see the Russian Mob being punished for it icly then. Instead, they were made an official faction. Terrible American and British war crimes were committed against Afghans and other middle eastern nations, yet I do not see a single American or British faction being punished for them icly, including my own faction.  Where was the action then?

Or is it only an issue if European lives are affected? 

Keep politics out of video games. +1.

Edited by HarryValentino
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

I think its needless to say that the situation is awful and that everyone understands the sensitivity of the subject. 

For this particular case, its clear that promoting or talking about the war/politics is strictly forbidden and socially not accepted. One must realize that countries are not all about their politics. As we have seen recently on the news, lots of Russian people do not agree with the current situation. Banishing an entire culture is never good. We understand that its a sensitive subject, but in my opinion celebrating Russian culture should be allowed if the whole war controversy will be avoided.

However where do we draw the line?  We condone roleplaying IRL gangs that murder people daily in the worst way possible (read: MS13, Aztecas, 67 and other cartels). One of the most prestigious faction of this server, Daichead Gadai was actively working (roleplay wise) with the IRA, whom can be seen as heroes by some people and terrorists in the eyes of other. China is being weird with human rights and some very very suspicious labourcamps, but do we ban all the Chinese gangs for that? Is it justified to condone some conflicts, but not others?

In conclusion, the world has a lot of evil, thats the hard reality. We even roleplay some of that reality. I truly believe that if gangmembers do not promote or talk about the sensitive ooc subject, we should tolerate celebrating and roleplaying that certain culture. The war going on should be avoided in all conversations.

Small addition, anyone here remembers the Taliban gang? I dont think I would even have to point out what for gruesome acts the Taliban did IRL, yet we were fine with them representing (altho in a way less aggressive way) the taliban. It feels like there is a double standard here.

Edited by Dimja
  • Like 15

+1 
The Russian mob is a faction that is here to portray Russian mafia style RP in America. As far as I saw, the Russian  mob never mention anything about the situation in Ukraine, so why even bring this up? I don't think limiting entire established factions RP is a good idea.

• Like 4

HIGHLY favor this +1. Yes, there are "events" happening in the real world but there is no reason we as players in this community should have to suffer for because of something that is not in our control. We are all here to have fun with our rp, meet new people, and just get away from reality (at least thats me haha) But yes. Let the Russians stay in the city as I think OOC Politics should NOT be involved in this matter. 

To prevent this becoming a political back-and-forth, we would like to firstly clarify that we have not stated that this faction is not allowed to return.

ECRP Management always strive to encourage others to generate unique Roleplay that is enjoyable for both the host and the community. As I am sure you can appreciate, the topic of Russia is very emotive and current in the real world with many victims across the world including within our community. I want to emphasize that we do want to allow for your Roleplay to continue (as long as you are not roleplaying current real events) while respecting the feelings of other community members and potential 3rd party viewers from ECRP media. As such, we will not limit you from role playing your Russian origin faction as we do not seek to discriminate, but we ask that you not openly represent the Russian image (such as flying their flag) at this time as we do not want non-contextual assumptions made by those not involved in your Roleplay tarnishing the image of ECRP or upsetting current members of the community.

• Like 5