Spergburger

Make it so different items take up different amounts of inventory space, and some other ideas

So I don't know if this is possible since it'd require an overhaul of the current inventory system, but this is the ideal inventory system in my eyes.

Personal/On Hand Inventory

1) It'd use a Diablo/Escape from Tarkov style inventory system where different items take up different amounts of squares (i.e. a pistol takes up a 2x2 section of the inventory and a donut takes up a 1x1 section, I'll add visual aids at the bottom.) This would help improve realism by making it so there's a more finite amount of items that people can carry, it'd prevent people from carrying enough weapons to arm an entire platoon, and making it so different items aren't measured the same in terms of inventory space. It doesn't make sense that 30 donuts take up the same amount of space as 30 AK-47s.

2) Either lower the current amount of space we have in our on hand inventories or make it so that stuff (big items especially) takes up a significant chunk of our inventory. For example if you're carrying a large weapon like an AK, SMG, or shotgun in your inventory that'd be about 80% of it gone. You'd have room for a pistol, radio, and a burger or something (this is just an example.) 

3) This one might be controversial, but bring back visible weapons. I don't think it's necessary with pistols, or maybe not even the Micro SMG, but you should no if someone is carrying a shotgun, AK, or SMG on them without them pulling it out, otherwise where are they hiding it? This would provide better RP as people would have to keep their heavy weapons in a bag if they want them to stay hidden, which means they'd have to do some level of RP to pull it out, and that you can't be surprised by someone pulling an assault rifle out of thin air. 

All of these changes mean that bags and vehicle inventories would have more use, and it would help improve the roleplay of the server while preventing people from running around with mini arsenals of weapons despite having no means to carry them.

Vehicle Inventories

1) Make two separate vehicle inventories: the one accessible from the interior would be the glovebox/center console/whatever you decide is holding the stuff, which would be the smaller inventory, and the trunk, which would be the larger inventory. You'd have to go to the back of the vehicle to access the trunk and whatever you have stored inside of it. The interior inventory wouldn't have a ton of space, maybe room for a pistol or two and some drugs, biggest weapon it could hold would be a micro smg, and the trunk would be where you'd keep bigger weapons, or large amounts of drugs. 

2) Make it so different vehicles have different trunk sizes. Super cars/compacts/motorcycles (motorcycles would use the saddle bags or whatever they're called/under the seat there's a compartment sometimes) would have the least space in the trunk inventory, then sports/sports classic, then sedans/muscle cars/coupes, then vans/suvs, then trucks, then transport trucks. This makes more sense roleplay wise and might diversify the vehicles we see on the server some more, since people who need to transport a lot of goods wouldn't be able to do so in a super car or sports car anymore.

Those are my ideas, I might add to them/edit them if I think of anything new, but feel free to comment what you think.

Idea of what the inventory system would look like: 

ss_end_08-14-10_15-39-16_zaton.jpg

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.