Alexei Raskalov

COPS NEED TO CHILL

Here's my story and why I think that.

Me and my friend that is new to the server got pulled over because he did an illegal turn.

They pulled us over with 4 other cop cars for one illegal turn... that is already not realistic and just a joke. I had no license since it was susspended for 2 days so he was driving my car around.

We were working at the farm and I took my car to made a tiny U turn next to the farmers job just to make our life easier and faster and the cop who was sitting facing to the opposite side of the farm came and said sir I saw you driving the vehicle 5 minutes ago (to me) I said ye okay show me the footage how is that possible when you were facing the other side of the farm ? They told me in /ooc (What we see in 3rd person is what we see) I dont remeber the exact words...

So they cuff me take to jail and place me there for 25mins. for a an illegal driving without license.

I just think its funny how they abuse their power just because the server is low on players and they have nothing better to do.

My point is cops are abusing their power for the shittiest reasons just because they having not better to do. 

TL:DR Cops put me in jail for making a U turn in a car without a license and in my opinion that is just abusing the power and not realistic.

I think its even legal in some countrys(America to) to do driving off the roads to learn and stuff.

• Like 1

There was no abuse of power, it sounds like they just did their job appropriately.

Driving with a suspended license will result in jail time, as well as an illegal U-turn will be a simple citation according to our servers Penal Code.

Going to jail over a situation like this is perfectly fine within the roleplay as an officer, as upholding the law is part of the job as a police officer.

You can view the penal code on the government forum.

https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/

• dead 1

Hello. Cop here. I'll put it simple, sometimes a unit requests backup and a stupid amount of units respond, despite requesting officer only asking for one or two backups. Also, as said before, cops usually request backups for arrests. If you drive without a license, there is no abuse of power, the cop is simply doing their job as there is probably no other calls or scenes to respond to at that very moment.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2021 at 6:31 PM, Alexei Raskalov said:

Here's my story and why I think that.

Me and my friend that is new to the server got pulled over because he did an illegal turn.

They pulled us over with 4 other cop cars for one illegal turn... that is already not realistic and just a joke. I had no license since it was susspended for 2 days so he was driving my car around.

We were working at the farm and I took my car to made a tiny U turn next to the farmers job just to make our life easier and faster and the cop who was sitting facing to the opposite side of the farm came and said sir I saw you driving the vehicle 5 minutes ago (to me) I said ye okay show me the footage how is that possible when you were facing the other side of the farm ? They told me in /ooc (What we see in 3rd person is what we see) I dont remeber the exact words...

So they cuff me take to jail and place me there for 25mins. for a an illegal driving without license.

I just think its funny how they abuse their power just because the server is low on players and they have nothing better to do.

My point is cops are abusing their power for the shittiest reasons just because they having not better to do. 

TL:DR Cops put me in jail for making a U turn in a car without a license and in my opinion that is just abusing the power and not realistic.

I think its even legal in some countrys(America to) to do driving off the roads to learn and stuff.

You've said it yourself in your second sentence, your friend did an illegal turn so right away, there is cause for the stop.

In terms of the other cop cars arriving, something you should bare in mind is that sometimes we don't have enough units to handle the situations and also, sometimes we have too many units. It's impossible to get the balance right, but having one cop car or ten cop cars is irrelevant to you in that situation.

In terms of third person, that's how it is. Can you imagine how complicated first person points of view would make reports? 

Cops do not set the crimes and times, the commissioners do. They are only giving you the appropriate charge for what happened. No more, no less. 
The Commissioners are comprised of the highest level of staff on the server so if anyone is going to decide what is fair and balanced, then it's probably going to be them.

I don't see any abuse of power here. I see them taking you to jail for the time you should go in for, working within the rules that have been set out for them by the server admins and being more on the scene than usual because there are a lack of situations happening at that time.

It's irrelevant what other countries or even the US does, because we have our own penal code to follow.

18 hours ago, Jett_J said:

Driving with a suspended license is jail time. Cops don't just say "Eh we are gonna put this guy in jail for this long".

Also of course the cops will request backup if the stop is leading to an arrest. 

True.

17 minutes ago, Asuna. said:

Until LSPD balance how many units can respond to a situation depending on the severity of the stop, whether this is an IC fix or OOC Faction Rule, you're talking to a brick wall my friend.

Firstly, if this happened at the Farm, then you will know from your own time within the LSPD, that it's unlikely that we were the ones that the original poster encountered, but thanks for taking the opportunity to offer a negative comment on how we choose to operate our faction. Perhaps if you had paid a little more attention to the details of this post and applied yourself a little better within our faction, you may have been able to help us build a better brick wall.

I can't speak for the Sheriffs Department but the LSPD as a faction tries to strive for the best possible roleplay experience on Eclipse. We can't always get every situation spot on but we try to push the level of roleplay up whenever possible.

This all seems an IC issue so it's not really something to create a OOC faction rule around. It is what it is, but there was no foul play in this instance at all.

• Like 1
  • dead 1

Idk of you've seen how cops operate in the US, but 1. They MOST DEFINETLY have more units pull up. I've seen 8 cop cars here in Florida for an out headlight traffic stop. 2. In real life they WILL arrest you for driving driving out a license. That sounds completely realistic to me. If you don't know your real life rights and laws you shouldn't say anything about the realism of cops, because you don't have the information or the experience to say it is unrealistic. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AmazyTuTs said:

Idk of you've seen how cops operate in the US, but 1. They MOST DEFINETLY have more units pull up. I've seen 8 cop cars here in Florida for an out headlight traffic stop. 2. In real life they WILL arrest you for driving driving out a license. That sounds completely realistic to me. If you don't know your real life rights and laws you shouldn't say anything about the realism of cops, because you don't have the information or the experience to say it is unrealistic. 

Well Florida is like a zoo, so that's a reasonable number of cops for that.

• Like 1
  • dead 1

On 9/23/2021 at 1:31 PM, Alexei Raskalov said:

"" They told me in /ooc (What we see in 3rd person is what we see) I dont remeber the exact words... ""

Will need a Staff Member to verify this rule.

I have never heard of this rule before EVER in my 2-3 years on Eclipse Roleplay.

The rule, "If visible, then it's there" is valid as confirmed by admins of the highest level multiple times. But 3rd person??

Me personally, I have never used this excuse. Despite seeing things 3rd person, I and many others have always roleplayed noticing what's in front of the character within a reasonable view.

---Update---

Staff Member verified the rule is valid.

7ueN3Xl.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kieran Horn said:

To be fair, I have literally been pulled over, and the cops just megaphone, "Nevermind" so, they do sometimes just pull people over for nothing lol

Hello cop here. I don’t think they pulled you over for nothing. They most likely pulled you over for a minor traffic infraction and then a higher priority call (for example shots fired at other officers) came in and they decided to drop the traffic stop in favor of that.

• Like 1

They didn't do anything wrong or abusing there role of power, but if they where it would be IC as there are good and bad cops everywhere IRL its unlucky when you get a cops arresting you for doing something as stupid as going through a red light or something like that, however at the same time I've straight up driven on the wrong side of the road max speed past a cop and they haven't done anything about it so kind of evens it out at the same time for me (although the amount of cops that love to arrest people for whatever reason and get into car chases is insane because they've been sat on the side of the road behind a bush trying to capture speeds for the last hour and will make their RP experience more fun and better)

Situations in this server dealing with cops as a criminal can be frustrating sometimes even though its IC and completely fair, you could spend an hour fishing and gather 10k for your new car and then loose 3k of it in 10 seconds by driving through a toll booth and a cops seeing it in 3rd person a mile away then RPing cameras at the toll booth station giving you a ticket after. Its also easy to say don't drive through the open toll booth then and you wont get any of these fines but IDK it was just an example of something small.

At least you where not one of the people who have has the fingerprints on gun problems, then you would really feel as if they have done you dirty even though its just a glitch.