Berge

Deepweb

Hey people! Me and a few friends have been thinking about making a deepweb site (discord) like the car dealerships/loan offices have. Just that we want to sell drugs and guns. Would this break any rules on the server?

Here is a link to our idea: https://discord.gg/xH8Rss

What will the community think about this?

+1 if you like it

-1 if you don’t

Hey, @Flucifial, why is it like that? IRL there are a deep web that would provide services like this, and the police would be able to shut it down if they find out who owns it ICly. I don't see any practical difference between what we want to do and what the dealerships already have.

9 minutes ago, Berge said:

Hey, @Flucifial, why is it like that? IRL there are a deep web that would provide services like this, and the police would be able to shut it down if they find out who owns it ICly. I don't see any practical difference between what we want to do and what the dealerships already have.

It is like that because we want people relaying IC information in-game as much as possible and are trying to do away from everything being in discord, not in game. 

The only thing that will go on in the discord is that people would see prices, after that they would call or text us. As for the "keep it out of discord" - this would be a very small not at all game changing group as the ones that can afford guns IC is the ones with good enaugh contacts the get them anyways, this would just save some time. If the goal is the keep things off discord it would be better to remove the car dealerships' discords for example. As they too are just saving time for the user.

@Flucifial

Edited by Berge

Hey @Berge,

This sounds like a cool idea, though it would be against the rules.

There is no way for the server staff to moderate this discord such that it may not be used for metagaming purposes.

Criminals could discuss rivalries, kidnappings, thefts, etc, in a completely OOC manner.

Under our guidelines, doing this would be metagaming.

- NoewUH

The voice channel will be disabled, admins (those that want to) will be added. The only thing this discord will be used for is showing prices, and the phone numbers. Just the same as all the loan offices and car dealerships. As for criminals discussing OOC - all criminal factions have a discord where they can do that if they feel like doing metagaming.

(everything will also be IC on the discord)

The only difference between this discord and other discords that are approved is the merchandise we are selling.

@NoewUH

I dont see how this discord can be used for metagaming if there is no voice or text chat? 

The only thing this discord will be used for is to se how much the guns and drugs cost and what number to call to place a order. 

The staff team on ECLIPESERP should give the community more trust and dont treat us as players that just want to to breake the server rules.

NoewUH

Edited by Jon jackson
  • Like 1

So everyone in the city suddenly becomes educated on the deep web? 

Yes, the deep web does exist in real life but how many are actually educated enough to utilize it? The problem with allowing things like this, more than the majority will use it. Downloading i.e. the TOR Browser isn't rocket science, but how do you go about obtaining the .onion addresses? That's the problem, not everyone will or can obtain a legit .onion address which takes them to a real marketplace. 

This is why things such as terrorism aren't allowed in the server. It does happen In Real Life, but by allowing it on a video game, it'd happen too often for it to be realistic anymore.

If you’re looking to display a catalogue you don’t need discord. Discord is a social app, if you just want to show “dumb” information like prices and numbers, why not try and get a simple webpage approved for IC use and add a server suggestion for an in character web browser ingame?

@FatherOsbornHD I'm not saying that everyone would be educated on using the deep web, or anything, but this is a game and I don't understand why the rules on uses of discord should change just becasue we don't sell cars or give out loans.

@Triple Seven I'm not sure how I would set up that website, and if a website would be approved, why not a discord with the same options as that website would have? We have no room for a common text chat or voice chat. So this would be the same as a simple webpage, just a lot easier to handle.

14 minutes ago, Berge said:

@FatherOsbornHD I'm not saying that everyone would be educated on using the deep web, or anything, but this is a game and I don't understand why the rules on uses of discord should change just becasue we don't sell cars or give out loans.

@Triple Seven I'm not sure how I would set up that website, and if a website would be approved, why not a discord with the same options as that website would have? We have no room for a common text chat or voice chat. So this would be the same as a simple webpage, just a lot easier to handle.

"This is a game" is a pretty bad argument. We're trying to create a realistic environment on a role-play server. Nothing stops you from approaching people In Character, on the game, and trying to make your illegal sales. I still stand by my opinion.

You could argue, why can't I walk up to someone and just shoot them? It's a game. Why can't I just use my supercar and ram into someone? It's a game. Yes, it's a game, but with a specific game mode, we're trying to replicate a real-life environment in a developed country.

5942f9d5affacab8ffa25f6e85d2c3a1.png

Heavy Roleplay means that our rules and script is made & being changed to a way that makes us replicate the real world to the fullest extent possible.

7 minutes ago, FatherOsbornHD said:

"This is a game" is a pretty bad argument. We're trying to create a realistic environment on a role-play server. Nothing stops you from approaching people In Character, on the game, and trying to make your illegal sales. I still stand by my opinion.

"We try to create a realistic environment" then why are supercars banned and bulletproof vests are impossible to get your hands on? Do you feel like we should change the game to make it more realistic or to keep it as a game?

I think that the police should have better eqipment than criminals, but a discord that gives people easier access to guns is not changing any dynamics, just making it easier to be a criminal. Which most moderators obviously is against looking at the reasoning in this thread, as the rules changes for what is allowed and not based on who does it. There is no argument that is gonna change that. 

[added: @FatherOsbornHD]

Edited by Berge

Supercars and Bulletproof vests were removed to force people to roleplay in a more realistic way.

In real life, maybe 5% (aiming high) use sportscars, to which they only use during events and gatherings.

In the server, 90% of criminals used supercars so that they could evade police and catch up to rivals. On top of this, they ram players and police, destroying their 1.5 million dollar cars in the process to avoid a 120-minute jail sentence.

In real life, at most, 10% of criminals use bulletproof vests, only during heists, kidnappings, and heavy criminal events.

In the server, if bulletproof vests were to be implemented, every criminal would undoubtedly have body armour on 24/7, including those that have no shirts though get to RP bulletproof vests without the negative effects which would come with wearing a large piece of kevlar.

We need to put these restrictions in place because most criminals will RP as the 1% just to gain an advantage over other parties involved.

When players on the server start to roleplay realistically and use supercars, ak's, and bulletproof vests as a commodity, we might consider reimplementing them.

Though at this time, with these things included, half the player base treats this as GTA:O with a few extra rules.

- NoewUH

• Like 1

this is not about if we are gonna let supercars and bulletproof vests be a part of the server, but the discord. And while you answer everything else than «Why you are treating everyone by different rules» you don’t give good answers if I was to respons in the same way. So please respons to only this question that have been asked multiple times: Why do you treat people with different rules?  -@berge 

@Triple Seven It is, why can someone make a discord that is approved, but when I try to do it "breaks OOC", metagaming and all of that. I think that is weird because I have stated multiple times that admins will have all rights in the discord, there are only text channels and none of them are for chatting.

IC information on Discord servers will be phased out as much as possible in the future, meaning new Discords with IC information will simply not be allowed/approved, find a different solution for the market and suggest that. Most likely something like a hard to find url on an ingame CEF browser, which would need development