Destuin

Police Supers

On 6/21/2021 at 4:45 PM, Destuin said:

Maybe it would be better with some form of OOC police "funding". Then that would add an extra RP layer for mayors etc. If they had a form of funding where they could allocate there budget. For example sacrificing some weapons from the armoury to allow for the use of supers, and that could be a mayors policy. Or reducing the wage to cover the costs of getting the new kamachos etc etc. To loop this back round to the supers as I wouldn't want this to be locked. It would be nice to see some repercussions if the supers are totalled, or a risk to taking them out and damaging them etc. This might help them understand more of an IC consequence of using them. 

But then the main income of government funds would come from people's taxes and fines. So basically no one can control whether you work legally and pay taxes or not, but cops can surely control how many fines they can issue, and that could cause problems. That would require some big brain thoughts bringing this up to the game but it might look good. Like raising taxes because city is having problems with money and everyone gets angry goes to protest and stuff like that.

I agree with alexalex.

While we strive for realism, we must compensate with script limitations and how our server works.
IRL unless you have a specific plan to commit crimes, you'd rarely see a criminal wearing a mask. It's usually organised crime, but on the server, everyone wears a mask to use the "I'm wearing a mask wasn't me" bit.

Not everyone has access to them and we have strict rules surrounding the use of them, including which vehicles we can and cannot use a high speed for.

I cannot tell you how many times, police chases are caused by someone about to get a speeding ticket and they just feel like evading for fun, then when they get caught, the fun stops.

There are some people who play with ECRP that are so good at driving, none of our supers can keep up with them. Because they are GOOD drivers. 
Hello @Aaron Martin

So it's all about give or take.

• POG 4

Great conversation to be honest. IMO supers should never be out on 'patrol'. The cost in running a vehicle like that would be huge even for the best budget.
But as we know the drafter and Jugular are better vehicles for PD. Which i have no issue with being out on patrol. I agree with the Non RP of supers being on the road without it being radio'd in and a superior taking it out. (which PD don't RP they just /fspawn).

I think the biggest issue in PD is the amount of units that respond to certain situations. Failure to stop? 12 cruisers 2 drafters and Air1 with no gang affiliation etc.
I understand it gets boring for PD but it is what it is. You have the biggest faction.  With good communication that amount of units will always 'win'. I honestly think that having a maximum amount of units being set in RULES being able to respond to the most common situations would both be more rewarding for PD and more balanced. (maximum amount of crim participation to be set also)
With balancing, PD is meant to be OP. You have tools, good cars and back up and the benefit of good communication tools. (teamspeak)

Maybe this should have been a new thread on its own but yeah i agree with the NRP 🤣

14 minutes ago, Jayyy said:

Great conversation to be honest. IMO supers should never be out on 'patrol'. The cost in running a vehicle like that would be huge even for the best budget.
But as we know the drafter and Jugular are better vehicles for PD. Which i have no issue with being out on patrol. I agree with the Non RP of supers being on the road without it being radio'd in and a superior taking it out. (which PD don't RP they just /fspawn).

I think the biggest issue in PD is the amount of units that respond to certain situations. Failure to stop? 12 cruisers 2 drafters and Air1 with no gang affiliation etc.
I understand it gets boring for PD but it is what it is. You have the biggest faction.  With good communication that amount of units will always 'win'. I honestly think that having a maximum amount of units being set in RULES being able to respond to the most common situations would both be more rewarding for PD and more balanced. (maximum amount of crim participation to be set also)
With balancing, PD is meant to be OP. You have tools, good cars and back up and the benefit of good communication tools. (teamspeak)

Maybe this should have been a new thread on its own but yeah i agree with the NRP 🤣

High speed vehicles are locked behind supervisor rank anyway, they do exactly what you said in the 1st and they can't be used to patrol with. This is for PD and not for SD, I don't know their policies. The time to deploy is long enough that someone in a high speed vehicle can evade the initiating unit before the high speed arrives. 

• hand 1