Vincent Corino

How hardcore RP is this server?

So I'm new to this server, but not to to RP. I played SA-MP a lot on the Godfather RP/Sincity RP server, which I think was considered heavy RP back in the day. Atleast compared to LS-RP. How heavy is this server? I just got robbed, fine, if you roleplay it well all good. But there was some stuff that would never be accepted on a heavy RP server. First off, camping the exits of the city, following me whilst I was a hauling fuel, he kept driving to the gas station that was in front of me. Doing U turns in the middle of the highway. Nothing necessarily wrong, but a bit cheap. I figured out what was going on but I thought what the hell, you can rob me, I will just stop at my stop. 

So okay, he is waiting at the next gas station where I do have to be, I see the car who had been following me out of the city, park next to it to unload the fuel (can't really RP cause I think you need to be inside the truck?). He pulls up his modded Elegy in front of my truck. A car that costs 187.000, and has mods, of course someone who robs trucks drives in that? Okay whatever, he gets out and pulls out a gun, yells me to come out with my hands in the air. I comply cause my character isn't going to play the hero for the few bucks he carries around. He takes my money, takes the battery out of my phone. Allright fine. I figure a quick hold-up, he is probably gonna get out of there fast. Nope, he wants me to get into his car, allright allright, drive me to some abandoned place to leave me. 

Then there is this last part that really broke the RP for me, up until now was fine really, not amazingly strong but fine. He drives his Elegy straight up chilliad, not taking the roads no, just drives straight up the side of the mountain. I tell him in local OOC that it's kinda lame to use this car to drive up the side of the mountain. Drives to some cliff part that he had to do some almost jumps for to get on, kicks me out of the car. I mean come one, this really considered legit RP? I'm new to the server so I don't know what the standards are, I know plenty of servers who would have allowed this back in the SA-MP time, but also plenty who wouldn't. My question: How does this server look at this encounter

ps. I kinda felt the drop off on chilliad was meant to kill me as he ICly said "any last words" and it was almost impossible to get down without dying, and yes I died. Effectively killing people over a simple clean robbery, just to prevent a phone call to 911 cause in this universe killing someone is easier to get away with than a robbery isn't good RP right? This is just my assumption tho that the plan was to have me die on the side of the mountain

Edited by Vincent Corino

The server would look down on that for sure. He broke multiple rules. You can't forcefully move someone to a new location unless you have 5 people, and you can't murder someone in a robbery who's complying with your demands. The rest of it might not necessarily be breaking any rules, but it's not very good rp and wouldn't be condoned. If you have video or the incident I'd suggest you report it since like I said, they broke multiple rules. 

@Vincent Corino, I think Eclipse RP would be classified as a heavy RP server. We are actively working on changing some rules to make RP more realistic and provide each player with a better overall experience which is our goal here at Eclipse RP. If you ever need help with something or you are questioning the "legality" of what someone is doing to you, you can always use the /report feature in game to get assistance from the staff team. And like the above poster mentioned, if an event is serious enough and/or couldn't be resolved in game, you can report someone on the forums. 

Theres a constant flow of new comers to the server that arn't very bright and or don't bother to read the rules and follow them. I've had some really great roleplay with some people, with others was hit or miss whether or not they will do some powergamey rob event like what happend to you. If you feel like you're being mistreated or have a question about anything always take advantage of the /report command, as you can then contact an admin directly and see if what is happening is even allowed.

I'm new to this server myself and I thought the option of voice meant people would look down upon text RP, however I'm pleasantly surprised. I've had no issues with doing roleplay via text, infact, I've seen people switch to text and jot down /me's and character impressions to give an idea of the body language and personality you are conversing with even if they talk and you interact via text. It's really hard to define what medium - heavy RP is, but from the few days I've played I feel Eclipse does provide an atmosphere and platform for good and realistically encouraged RP.

Edited by Deathbloke

Honestly this doesnt surprise me. 
There is a low of bad rp happening in the server. 

From all people, from the newest wanna be gangsta to the longest server PD members.
It all comes down to the persons mood I feel, sometimes people want to rp and sometimes people dont cant be arshed and it seems the community feels this is okay.
Sad but true. 
I know people are going to say oh here is andor again whining and bitching about how bad the server is. Well no its not ( besides that rage hates my guts ) I feel the quality is inconsistant which is a real shame, because the highs on this server are great but are also followed with some sad lows.

The server is currently - phasing through towards Heavy RP, I suppose. We are gradually getting there as we try to improve and teach players (if possible) how to properly RP especially with the usage of /me's and /do's. Eventually this will be an official heavy RP server, where the management would impose strict RP and any violation would lead to punishment. 

Anyhow, if you see anyone rule-breaking or you think is rulebreaking, try getting proofs (video/screenshots) of them rulebreaking, and make a report here on forums.

Edited by HighJack

Three times this week alone, I have had people come up to me as I drive my big rig around doing jobs, they come up and hulk kick the hell out of my truck to stall it so they can rob me. Horrible RP and not realistic at all. Server needs a whitelist to weed out some if not most of the "cant be arsed to properly rp" people. I have left the server twice now because of people like this and im nearly there again. From people driving 130km/h+ and slamming into the side of my trailer and then driving off as if it never happened, to people using ridiculously expensive cars to commit petty crimes. It's getting really out of hand.

1 hour ago, forgonesoul said:

Three times this week alone, I have had people come up to me as I drive my big rig around doing jobs, they come up and hulk kick the hell out of my truck to stall it so they can rob me. Horrible RP and not realistic at all. Server needs a whitelist to weed out some if not most of the "cant be arsed to properly rp" people. I have left the server twice now because of people like this and im nearly there again. From people driving 130km/h+ and slamming into the side of my trailer and then driving off as if it never happened, to people using ridiculously expensive cars to commit petty crimes. It's getting really out of hand.

You can always try getting proofs, and make a forum report against them. (Video proofs will be great). 

6 minutes ago, HighJack said:

You can always try getting proofs, and make a forum report against them. (Video proofs will be great). 

Thought I had proof but my recording device failed me yet again. its a hit or miss. I'm not even mad at this point anymore. Just disappointed at how people think that would be proper rp

Edited by forgonesoul

Just now, forgonesoul said:

Thought I had proof but my recording device failed me yet again. its a hit or miss. 

Yeah.. Too bad. Rulebreakers deserved to be punished. Admins can't do anything without any proofs of rule break. So, for you to help us capture those rule breakers, please bear with us and provide a proof. hehe.

Just now, HighJack said:

Yeah.. Too bad. Rulebreakers deserved to be punished. Admins can't do anything without any proofs of rule break. So, for you to help us capture those rule breakers, please bear with us and provide a proof. hehe.

I try my best. Six saw some of the action go down and he thankfully called the cops as i was getting robbed. seconds after the perp fled the scene, they showed. typical xD

• Like 1

What was your name at LSRP @Vincent Corino. I myself have played at a lot of hardcore role-playing servers which includes NG:RP and LS:RP. And Eclipse RP reminds me of one of the server which I used to play back in 2014, the server is totally similar to that one seriously. You guys are doing great with the features and role-play - looking forward to join you guys in few days.

Also I have got a question is this a fully hardcore role-playing server?, I mean if we are roaming around with our friends and not in mood of roleplay and if someone approaches you for roleplay can we refuse to roleplay with him?

Edited by Spongebob