dampseaboyy

Inconsistency with server rules

Not trying to put the server down just pointing out that it explicitly says that is not allowed. Me and my friend applied 6 seperate times just to walk into something like that. This was also only ONE account from ONE admin. I want clarification on whether the true eclipse admins actually support that kind of language. 

• Confused 1

It kinda sounds like this server is catering to some gross alt right agenda. i've seen a lot of people saying oh get over it etc. If you want to actually monetize this and make something genuinely popular then I would suggest changing it bc allowing this is not right. It's 2021, racism is rampant in America and perpetuating this kind of disgusting behavior is only making the problem worse. The people who admin are responsible what these people say and it's sad how they have more rules about to RP right when half the people aren't even in character. Sad stuff

• Confused 3

The specific rule in question:

• Players using offensive language IC must not use it excessively and must stop if asked OOCly.

This means if you want the to stop, then ask in /b. If they don't then feel free to report. People RP their characters how they want to and if you find it offensive or excessive then ask them to stop.

If they don't want to stop then /report 3 or 4 and save footage for a forum report.

3 hours ago, LeroySimpson said:

The specific rule in question:

• Players using offensive language IC must not use it excessively and must stop if asked OOCly.

This means if you want the to stop, then ask in /b. If they don't then feel free to report. People RP their characters how they want to and if you find it offensive or excessive then ask them to stop.

If they don't want to stop then /report 3 or 4 and save footage for a forum report.

Beyond it being offensive which is OOC, it doesn't attract anyone who streams or would put out eclipse content on any platform. The people in charge of this server are representing the community in here. If they want to support a culture where it is acceptable to dehumanize others then they can deal with the bigotry they are perpetuating, that's on their racist  hands. It's pretty disgusting and every other large RP server would never allow it. 

Straight up disgusting racial stuff like hard R, is classed as gross RP and does require consent, as with any gross RP. But you have to understand, that theres only so much rules can do, because at the end, people do worse things than throw racial slurs. People get reported and then they get banned, stuff like this is dealt with.

Onto streaming, firstly, we do have plenty of regular streamers from different aspects of RP and secondly, as much as people think twitch cares, they dont. Twitch doesnt care what some random on your stream says as long as you engage it properly. Just look at big streamers and all the hate speech they run into daily in games, twitch will not punish people for something that is out of their control as long as you, as a streamer, do not engage in it yourself.

• Confused 1

On 4/12/2021 at 3:16 AM, CaesarSeizure said:

Straight up disgusting racial stuff like hard R, is classed as gross RP and does require consent, as with any gross RP. But you have to understand, that theres only so much rules can do, because at the end, people do worse things than throw racial slurs. People get reported and then they get banned, stuff like this is dealt with.

Onto streaming, firstly, we do have plenty of regular streamers from different aspects of RP and secondly, as much as people think twitch cares, they dont. Twitch doesnt care what some random on your stream says as long as you engage it properly. Just look at big streamers and all the hate speech they run into daily in games, twitch will not punish people for something that is out of their control as long as you, as a streamer, do not engage in it yourself.

That is objectively not true, If you knowingly and regularly stream content that has racism then twitch will take action. Just because there are some streamers with 20 viewers doesn't mean twitch doesn't care. They have a lot of people on the platform as of late so it can be hard to monitor and enforce TOS. Big streamers don't have a racism problem day in and out, do you actually consume twitch content? Besides their moderators, the community doesn't put up with that kinda stuff. 

On 4/11/2021 at 8:08 PM, dampseaboyy said:

It kinda sounds like this server is catering to some gross alt right agenda. i've seen a lot of people saying oh get over it etc. If you want to actually monetize this and make something genuinely popular then I would suggest changing it bc allowing this is not right. It's 2021, racism is rampant in America and perpetuating this kind of disgusting behavior is only making the problem worse. The people who admin are responsible what these people say and it's sad how they have more rules about to RP right when half the people aren't even in character. Sad stuff

its a RP server, Keep ooc politics out of it. If you dont think its safe to stream dont stream. Simple.

• YAY 1

On 4/12/2021 at 1:08 AM, dampseaboyy said:

Beyond it being offensive which is OOC, it doesn't attract anyone who streams or would put out eclipse content on any platform. The people in charge of this server are representing the community in here. If they want to support a culture where it is acceptable to dehumanize others then they can deal with the bigotry they are perpetuating, that's on their racist  hands. It's pretty disgusting and every other large RP server would never allow it. 

Streamers and Large youtubers come here all the time? I think this problem is you dont like the words, in that case tell them ooc to not use them while around you and they should stop.

10 hours ago, Aieos said:

If somebody is using offensive language that you take offense to, tell them to stop OOCly. 
If you want to stream, you can still tell them to stop OOCly, your stream doesn't prevent your ability to so so.

5 hours ago, Ultra3D said:

Streamers and Large youtubers come here all the time? I think this problem is you dont like the words, in that case tell them ooc to not use them while around you and they should stop.

I do want to clarify as someone who has had a hand in first-party moderation at Twitch, there are certain words and phrases that cannot be displayed on screen and also cannot be heard audibly. As a content creator, regardless of it being accidental or outside of your control, Twitch's ToS and Community Guidelines are enforced with the mindset that the streamer is responsible for all of the content that is conveyed over stream, it's why you've likely seen big time streamers get banned for inappropriate content / racism when they themselves are not racist or inappropriate.

This became a more prominent issue back when on-screen donation messages and text to speech donation messages became stream features. The reality is, when you stream multiplayer content that is in real-time, there is always at least somewhat of a risk when doing so and you accept that risk when you choose to stream.

I in no way am excusing people's behavior, as I think regardless of it being RP or not, there are some words and phrases that should just not be used out of respect for everyone. However, content that is communicated on your stream is ultimately your responsibility, and at the end of the day if you're that worried about it, don't stream.

Just going to weigh in here, my application was recently denied and I asked for further feedback as to why... but after reading this and other threads I won't be following up any additional feedback with another application.

I have to assume that OP's problem is not unusual - the same concern was raised on the Eclipse discord last night, where a player was being abused by people using racial slurs.

One of my main objectives in looking for an RP server was to find a safe space, populated by like minded people, in order to explore the world of GTA 5 Online without the immature behaviour and griefing of public servers.

The fact that the actual rules in Eclipse allow RPing hate speech is complicit bullshit in my opinion; there are a dozen rules about how you can failRP and nothing to protect people from having to sit through and respond to verbal abuse. That's laughable and I'm confident that I dodged a bullet by not being accepted into this community.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, darmpa said:

Just going to weigh in here, my application was recently denied and I asked for further feedback as to why... but after reading this and other threads I won't be following up any additional feedback with another application.

I have to assume that OP's problem is not unusual - the same concern was raised on the Eclipse discord last night, where a player was being abused by people using racial slurs.

One of my main objectives in looking for an RP server was to find a safe space, populated by like minded people, in order to explore the world of GTA 5 Online without the immature behaviour and griefing of public servers.

The fact that the actual rules in Eclipse allow RPing hate speech is complicit bullshit in my opinion; there are a dozen rules about how you can failRP and nothing to protect people from having to sit through and respond to verbal abuse. That's laughable and I'm confident that I dodged a bullet by not being accepted into this community.

GTA 5 is a game where if you play as Franklin and go to sandy the NPC's/NPC Cops will abuse you. A game where racial/homophobic slurs are build into the base game. ITs a 18+ M rated game. Join a E for everyone minecraft server if you dont want "Inappropriate" language or want a "safe space". Like started before, if someone says something offensive" like a racial slur or a "homophobic" remark tell them once to stop and they need to, if not you can report and get them punish.

3 hours ago, darmpa said:

Read through the rules and you would see

7. IC and OOC Interactions

• Players are welcome to voice their opinion or suggestions but may never disobey administrators.
  • All players must be able to communicate in English and IC chat must be English only.
  • Foreign language in-character must be done as such: “[Language] English Text”
  • Other languages may be used in private only if everyone who can see has agreed to it.
  • Sexual, torture, or disgusting roleplay is allowed only if all witnesses give prior OOC consent.
  • IC content must not contain acronyms like “lol” or “u” or smiley faces excluding IC SMS.
  • Text chat, VOIP, radio, phone and commands like /ME or /do are for IC content only.
  • For OOC content, players must use chat commands that encase the content in brackets. 
  • For example: (( this is OOC content )). OOC chat commands are /OOC, /O, /B, /PM and /F.
  • Public advertisements must only contain realistic IC content and cannot be used for crime.
  • OOC videos or screenshots may only be used IC if footage depicts the character using the /record command or has roleplayed a camera at the start and end of unedited footage.
  • Roleplayed camera footage may be uploaded with RP proof of starting and a snippet but full footage must be stored and be available if needed otherwise the snippet is no longer valid.
  • Property cameras must have a scripted object on the interior or exterior of the property.

you have to also understand the server wasn't specificly designed for streaming, it was designed for regular rp, with that said the server also gives us players the freedom of building up our characters the way we want and building up their way of speaking,acting and so on characteristic wise the way we want. like said by everyone above you can ask oocly for the racial slurs to be stoped if you find them offfensive. but overall we players are given alot of freedom when it comes to building our characters.

• Like 1