This_is_Alex

Making sinks/bathrooms a water source to refill water bottles

+1, I wholeheartedly disagree with the premise that one would almost never have to leave their house if you could refill water bottles in your house.  The reason for this is drug materials.  With a decent lab setup of lets say 24 tables, and 240 of each material, which in itself takes hours to collect in time spent outside of your lab, you would have to leave your lab to restock after less than 2 hours of cooking.  Drug materials don't just come out of thin air, and when you take the risk involved in gathering plants or placing shipment orders for materials and also purchasing materials from humane labs while watching your back when you're headed back to your lab, you are outside plenty enough.  Then when you add in the fact that you have to water every 5 min if you don't want to get screwed over by a game or computer crash, and the fact that the tables can blow anyway, there is already far enough risk involved with cooking.  The only reason you have to go to the beach to refill the water bottles is because of current script limitation, meaning you can only refill water bottles where you can fish.

• Like 1

+1

With the drug thing, I disagree as well. You still have to always go out and get materials anyways. When I was cooked, I rarely went out to only get water. I would usually get water while I get materials. So if this suggestion was implemented, not much would really change. You still have to go get materials.

This is a nice little suggestion for civilians. If you are having friends over, you can easily get them some water from your sink. It is the little things that count.

9 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

-1 and its due to the fact that people cook in houses. So they would almost never need to leave which lowers the risk even lower. 

Criminals have to still get ingredients from humane labs. I dont understand in which way leaving your house to refill waterbottles becomes a risk. I dont think PD raid you because you have 200 waterbottles on you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SpicyNachoDS said:

Criminals have to still get ingredients from humane labs. I dont understand in which way leaving your house to refill waterbottles becomes a risk. I dont think PD raid you because you have 200 waterbottles on you.

having tables heated correctly is the risk here. 

2 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

Most criminals I know, myself included, refill waterbottles before cooking. No risk would be reduced when making sinks and water fountains a source for refilling water. The only thing it would do it cause less of a hassle and waste less time. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

Usually before someone cooks, they gather all their materials including the water they need. 

Let's say Criminal A was going to cook some LSD.

Their list for the cook may be:

Gather Ingredient 1

Gather Ingredient 2

Gather Ingredient 3

Gather Ingredient 4

Refill Water Bottles

Criminal A then goes out with a large vehicle and some crates to check off their list.

If the suggestion is implemented, refilling water bottles would be off the list. However, they still have to get the other ingredients, so they still have to leave anyways. It really doesn't change much.

If anything, it saves on gas to go to the ocean and saves time.

The risk may be lower since you will be out of your lab for a shorter period since you do not have to refill water anymore, but that is really about it.

I do not believe something this minuscule buff to criminals out weighs a nice addition to civilian RP. This is a civilian suggestion after all.

Just my thoughts though.

Big +1, I'm tired of having to drop the used water bottles and buy new ones every time because I can only refill them near the ocean.
I have no clue how the cooking system works, but from what I read above, this won't be much of a buff, because from what I understood going to the ocean to refill a bunch of water bottles is the most risk-free activity involved in the cooking process.

+1, pretty much just a quality of life change that has the side effect of making cooking just a tiny bit easier. There is no risk in the current system of going outside to get water, it’s just annoying.

If every suggestion that is made that had the side effect of giving crim just the tiniest of buffs, for some reason it turns into a “State of Crim RP” discussion or people get funny about implementing crim buffing updates?

• Like 2

+1 for refilling, maybe dont make it possible in places where drug tables are placed, or if you think people would pick the table up and place it back down, require a different tool (Fire extinguisher, Sprinker system) something to still make this possible. To be Fair chemical fires are often put out with things other than water as water can make it much worse. Same with vehicles.

Edited by strangur