RocketInAPocket

Auto Lock for Homes

Don't you just hate leaving your home and getting into your car just to have the scare that you think you forgot to lock your home door? So then you park your car again and run all the way back to your home to see that is locked and then you run back to your car annoyed. I know I hate that feeling.... So I purpose to have the same VIP feature that we have for cars auto lock and apply it to apt/house doors. Would be nice to not have to worry about if we locked the door or not. There are door locks IRL that can be locked with a phone app anywhere in the world. So this would make sense to have in the server. 

Thank you for your time

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sure, huge QoL feature. I don't dispute that.
but -1

This is a classic "did i leave my stove on?" that people get IRL. You just go back and check it, its that simple. And if your carelessness of not double checking you've locked the door leads to you being robbed by a home intruder then so be it. I also really don't think this is such a common issue for it to even be bothered to be implemented. 

What I would support however is doors showing locked/unlocked status like business properties do instead of you needing to click "lock" to check if it does "unlocking" or "locking" action timer.

4 minutes ago, DrPathetic said:

What I would support however is doors showing locked/unlocked status like business properties do instead of you needing to click "lock" to check if it does "unlocking" or "locking" action timer.

This. I don't think autolock is needed personally, I've never left my house unlocked nor has it ever been robbed.