fatboy3288

Impounded Vehicles

Can we please make the police Impound like mors im really tired of sitting and waiting for several hours before a cop actually comes and get the cars out if they even do. i play late at night like 2 am EST and its just a negative experience and a waste of our time. and takes us away from being able to actually do RP in the city

• dead 1

+1

I'm pretty all good with it but from a general standpoint during low pop hours, I'm sure most people would say they don't want to wait that long for possibly nothing. waiting an hour and a half or over isn't doable or cool for most people lol

Edited by Jimmy DiPetro
grammar kih

+1 For the NPC at the Impound, Today I watched 3 cops drive by the impound when there was about five people who had put in requests to get their car back. The only reason I even got a cop there is cause I had a friend chase one down and ask them to come back. I have also heard stories of cops turning on lights as they pass then shutting them off again. I waited about an hour IRL to get my car before chasing one down. 

While it may be frustrating waiting for an officer to come to the impound, it's important to remember that we're here to RP and that RP comes from engaging with each other. Along with that, if a vehicle is impounded regularly (not securely), then that means that vehicle had some level of involvement in a crime that warrants the vehicle being taken in the first place, which is why it makes sense for it to be in the hands of law enforcement.

One of the comments above states that they see people turning their lights on as they pass the impound lot to "avoid" releasing vehicles. If that happens, it's best to handle that situation in character through Internal Affairs, the answer isn't to remove that roleplay engagement completely.

Lastly, the wait times are entirely dependent on what's going on in the server and how many LEOs are on shift. If there's 1 cop on for 160+ players (which happened to me not even a week ago), we're expected to handle emergency calls before handling non emergency calls, this includes medical calls. People call 911 20 seconds after they request an officer to the impound to request an officer again and not only is that against the law IC, it also clogs up the calls list and ultimately makes us take even longer to get to where we need to be.

Overall, I think the recommendation to remove the impound lot from PD/SD's control is ultimately just removing an avenue of roleplay, which we should make every attempt to keep instead of throwing it away.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.