Marcusandrew31

Criminals and Cops Alike

29 minutes ago, Sodapopcurtis said:

again... what police department has a 50 cal mounted machine gun....

I mean the situation before was 50+ heavily armed criminals fighting PD/SD to the point where the national guard was called in. It seems pretty obvious that a .50 cal should be deployed.

A realistic force for an unrealistic action. IRL you would never have 50 gang members setting up to kill cops.

Edit: just realizrd someone responded about that lmao.

Edited by freshprinceIE

It's a fair point, both criminal and law enforcement RP can improve drastically. Since I am personally a criminal and not PD or SD, I can only speak from the criminal point of view. 

I believe law enforcement has too much power at the moment and it can affect the RP of criminals in adverse lighting. Now, this is of course not directed to every police officer but some who base charges off of personal beliefs and values. It can be annoying to have stacked charges simply because a cop dislikes your character, but I don't have that much of an issue with DOC as it is a great RP platform. The problem with this is first of all the RP of a cop. Actual police officer behaves a lot more professionally than this type of IC cop, and since jail/prison time makes you not being able to play- it causes further problems.

Other than the stacking charges, I see a lot of "childish" behavior from a lot of cops. I have one character that worked in MD and a criminal, Sofia Miller. Now, I would never act unprofessionally when playing my legal character because I don't want to provide an RP that doesn't make sense. PD should not act like children when on duty, and it is one of my biggest concerns with law enforcement. I love it when an officer can be fair without being a pain in the ass, just like a real-life cop. 

However, criminals are very provoking towards law enforcement and create a harsh atmosphere overall. People tend to scream: "Fuck PD!" on the streets because of the memes and lols. I understand if PD and SD don't like the criminal RP and choose to be "a pain in the ass" because it's simply not fun. Besides, this dislike of PD and SD is not all IC but often translates to OOC. At the end of the day, the criminal chose their roleplaying style and shouldn't cause so much trouble for other players performing their RP. 

We could all take a step back and think about the purpose of our roleplay- to have fun or to win?

On 1/8/2021 at 5:26 AM, freshprinceIE said:

And that's it though? Once your out of the car they can't search you or your vehicle. They can only act if they see a gun hanging off your hip, or if there was a prior RP scenario that granted them IC reason to search you. 

I had the same mindset as some of the people in this thread (although not as bad) until I joined an LEO faction. Both PD/SD have a huge amount of IC restrictions based off of IRL laws that dictate what they can do to you. I seen people on this thread saying that they can just house raid as they want, which is just false. Even if a drug table explodes in a house, there is still RP involved to gain permission to access that house.

If PD does break the law by getting you out of a vehicle and searching you, then you can actually solve this ICly, just like IRL where a case might get thrown out. I did my first IA report against PD this week from my crim, and within 12 hours it was resolved in my favour.

Most people in PD/SD do want to RP as realistic as possible. Majority of the time you are thinking that they have no reason to stop you, but maybe you were spotted leaving the scene of a shootout, maybe a store was robbed right beside you that you didn't know. There is always RP going on, and it may of led to you becoming a suspect.

I think that the majority of experienced crims know a lot of these IC protocols, and know not to be stupid. If your a convicted felon, guess what, we know that you don't have a gun license so don't walk around with it exposed.

Majority of crims bring on things themselves. The ones who complain the most are the ones who do the most shit. I've had people piss on my cruiser, kick it, stick dildos on it and then complain in /b when they get arrested calling it unrealistic... 

I've been asked to step out of my car and been searched by a cop for not stopping at a stop sign (since when is that enforced). If an officer wants to he can find cause to search.

Funnily enough in my situation an admin showed up out of nowhere and made the cop drop the situation. 

5 hours ago, freshprinceIE said:

To be fair, traffic laws aren't really enforced on the server, so I get his frustration there!

The LSPD has an entire traffic division. If some officers give you verbal warnings then you can expect others to enforce them fully. At the end of the day ICly the traffic laws exist in the penal code so its up to them if they feel like its something their character would enforce.

3 minutes ago, kenichis said:

The LSPD has an entire traffic division. If some officers give you verbal warnings then you can expect others to enforce them fully. At the end of the day ICly the traffic laws exist in the penal code so its up to them if they feel like its something their character would enforce.

This and also, don't forget, any laws you think are enforced unfairly can always use against PD/SD too. 

For example, you see a cop fail to yield before a stop sign ? IA report it. You see a cop driving on the wrong side of the road ? Report it, etc...

Edited by Cyrus Raven

About this I can see from the side that as a criminal on this sever, the roleplay is very limited and income is very hard to come by. This has made the interactions with criminals a bit sour. It also feels like law enforcement doesn't really lose much when they lose encounters and die.
Now the whole criminal mindset seems a bit weird to me, a gang will have no trouble showing their colors and try to clap other people or flying 200 km/s through the city, yet when they get encountered by the police force, suddenly it becomes a problem.
People need to learn that action have consequences, and if they feel they have been done wrong, there are IC ways to do an IA report.

• Upvote 1