Freddieee10

Refill water bottles at more water sources

Allow us to refill water bottles at the sink in our apartment/house.

If we can refill bottles at any water source and the SD water dispenser, then why can we not refill them at our sinks?

Additionally SD has a working dispenser, we should have one installed in PD and MD interiors as well. Not sure if DOC has one or not, but they should get one too.

If there is a furniture item that is a water dispenser, it should get the ability to be a water source as well.

Edit: SD water dispenser got broken when 1.1 came out, so we should re-add that as a source as well.

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn
  • Upvote 2

I had not considered the criminal side.

Since I do not know how to actually cook drugs.. I wonder if there would be a way to require a different water for them?

For example, IRL there are different types of water:

• Tap
  • Mineral
  • Spring
  • Distilled
  • Sparkling
  • Purified
  • Alkaline
  • Well
  • Salt water

While all of these are generally drinkable, with exception of the last, distilled water is generally used in most chemical uses as you do not want your water source to potentially carry contaminates in to the chemical reaction.

It would not be unreasonable to flag a bottle of tap water, as not usable for the criminal applications in game, or to make it riskier to use over going out and getting water at the store. As a matter of fact. Why not make all refill sources, rivers, reservoir, oceans etc. unusable or riskier for cooking and store bought water is better for their use?

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn

I like the idea of splitting water even into just 2 types, drinkable water, and seawater. Drinkable you can replenish thirst and can refill at possible water coolers. Salt water for cooking and would only be for cooking drugs. Or even as mentioned above about distilled, a process to be able to turn saltwater into distilled water for cooking. 

But yeah working water coolers in job areas like PD/DOC/MD/Bayview/LSC would be cool

Mentioned it before and I'll mention it here, drinkable seawater is silly.

Small update on this.. When 1.1 came out and the new SD building.. they broke the water dispenser there...

So I recommend we add that back in as well now.

Mentioned it before and I'll mention it here, drinkable seawater is silly.

When asked how that works, I always respond ICly with my bottle has a LifeStraw built in. Realistically though, the life straw does not filter salt from sea water.

Edited by ArrtaMyrdhyn

Greetings community members.

I came up with an idea of being able to refill water bottles in apartments/houses.

First of all, I want noise abroad that, I don't think current refilling method is much realistic, I mean, yeah, ofcourse, you can refill a water bottle at a beach, why not, but still, would we drink some ocean water? I don't think so.

I think it could be better if we were able to:

Buy a faucet (Maybe a specific type of a faucet) from a furniture store

Add the faucet to our apartments/houses (The same way we add rest of the furnitures)

Refill water bottles using faucets from our own apartments and houses.

That would be much more realistic, I guess...

There's another thing we could do:

We will still be able to refill bottles from the oceans and et cetera, but they could be harmful for our health.

Imagine, you refill a bottle from the ocean, and drink it, it would erase the thrist, but it would lower our HP (The ocean water would make you kinda sick)

On the other hand, it would be perfect (In my opinion) if we used the ocean water in order to cool down our drug tables,

but use the faucet water (clean water) for drinking and erasing our thirst without becoming sick.

And ofcourse we should be able to cool down the drug tables with the faucet water,

I think that's a good option for players who focus on cooking drugs to make money,

It's obvious that driving 5 kilometers in order to refill 20 water bottles (Cause you can not carry more than 20, they're heavy) is a headache.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/18/2021 at 11:28 PM, DrPathetic said:

Similar suggestion with comments also

Thank you for informing me, but the thing is that usually there's no much attention paid to the comments which are meant to change a particular thing in an idea/suggestion.

I decided to suggest something different, that also linked to health care as mentioned in my post.

On 12/5/2020 at 11:57 PM, IAmTurtle said:

I dont think there should be working syncs due to the it gives some risk of leaving your house while cooking. as there is almost no risk right now. 

But +1 to adding working water taps at md/pd/lsc/bayview

It's not about risk irl if you were cooking drugs you would just fill your water in the sink and use it.