Arrta

Add GoodRP/BadRP log to Panel

In an ideal world, this would be a fantastic idea but I feel like it would be weaponised to be toxic to other players if it included the bad RP stuff.

To be honest, while it might be used by some for the best of intentions, i think you can take it's output with a pinch of salt. 

I think if you took whoever made the GoodRP/BadRP and just had the description would be pretty nice. Obviously you could still probably pick out who/what interaction it was, but its always a place for criticism.

Something that might be nice is just having a counter of how many times you have been rated!

+/-

Would be great as players can build their RP via constructive feedback left to them.

However has great potential to be used for toxicity, obviously staff would know who left what feedback and would be able to act so I don't see this being a huge problem but maybe /badrp should be left to only staff like mentioned above.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:52 PM, Bala said:

In an ideal world, this would be a fantastic idea but I feel like it would be weaponised to be toxic to other players if it included the bad RP stuff.

To be honest, while it might be used by some for the best of intentions, i think you can take it's output with a pinch of salt. 

This is literally going to be its usage. When someone does something wrong (or considered wrong), people will make sure to badRP him instantly while if someone else displays very good roleplay abilities, not a lot of people will actually care.

This isn't just an assumption. I received a lot of PMs saying "Hey I forgot to /goodrp you. I really enjoyed it" but if someone does not get want they want in an IC scenario, you will receive a badrp in a matter of seconds.

With that being said, I am obviously against it.

Having the goodrp and badrp show up on the panel can get toxic pretty easily especially if it's anonymous.

I can already see people using /badrp every single time they have a negative interaction with someone else or everytime someone thinks a rule was broken, whether it was broken or not.

It's also pretty easy to figure out who rated you poorly since you can just open the panel as soon as you see in-game that your RP was rated and you can see what they said about you.

And if it wasn't anonymous then it definitely would lead to unhealthy relationships within the community which could affect IC actions. 

Most of us have already seen how toxic people can be to each other OOCly based of IC tension so I don't think it's a good addition.

Usually with these rating systems, the are usually only used when someone had a bad experience. You're more likely to receive a /badrp if you pissed someone off then a /goodrp if you used good /me's and /do's etc.

Another reason the ratings will mean nothing is because you can just have all your friends /goodrp you which holds no value.

Edited by Jett_J