Cyrus Raven

Dynamic Business Script

Disclaimer:

I have no clue if this has been suggested before, if it has feel free to link them, always good to take a look at other suggestions and take inspiration.

Lastly, please do not come into this suggestion (especially staff) with the same old boring answer of ''Just do it IC and with enough support it will become official'', not only is this the most boring and non imaginative answer you can give, but it defeats the purpose of the proposed system.

Summary:

The Dynamic Business Script is a new script UI within the server that would allow any player to create their own organisations. For the purpose of this suggestion, this would be strictly aimed at legal organisations, whether that is a company or an individual person looking to start their own business. The purpose of the script is to allow players to easily manage their player created and owned businesses with ease.

Basic Features:

- Recruitment of Employees - Ability to add/remove/promote/demote employees at will as owner or anyone with the permission to manage the company

- Managing permissions and ranks - Ability to choose what rank/position can access company bank account, company vehicles, property, recruitment and permissions

- Business Bank Account  - A dedicated bank account with an accompanying debit card. Any transaction, debit and credit done will be displayed with detailed timestamp and what was bought

- Access to a business dealership where commercial vehicles can be purchased - Tow trucks, cabs, boats, maybe even helicopters and planes (last two dependent on how far company has progressed and requiring staff approval, think of it as a reward for displaying good RP and growing the business)

- Purchase and assign properties to company

- Set HQ and assign company vehicle parking spots - acts as a spawn point for vehicles when an employee with the relevant permission types a certain command (/cspawn [1-X])

Long-Term Features:

**The following list of features are just a brain storm of ideas that can come from having this system implemented in the first place, most likely will not be seen for a while and might take quite some work**

- Stock System - Allow any player to buy and own stocks for any company that decides to issue shares on the Los Santos Stock Exchange (LSSE) This can be used as a way to raise money from the company perspective or as an investment opportunity for any person with money. Players would have the ability to buy and sell stocks on LSSE.

- Illegal Organisation system

- Item creation and Inventory System - Pretty much something as outlined in this suggestion by @RishabJaiswal. Allow firms who focus on the food and drink business (restaurants, bars, clubs, coffee shops) to create their own menu items which would require specific ingredients. 

Reasoning Behind the Suggestion:

The reason for wanting to suggest a system like this is to allow players the freedom to create and operate their own businesses in a way that feels a lot more connected and ''official'' then simply ''doing it with RP''. I have come to despise how everything that is suggested as a script will easily be dismissed as ''You can do this right now, just RP it, grab some people and do it''. This was a feature in previous SAMP servers and I think it is something very achievable within RAGE. Giving players the ability to actually see and manage what their are putting their efforts in with an in-game script will make all the difference. 

Hopefully this also promotes more civilian RP with people creating competing businesses like Uber (to compete with DCC), Tow Truck companies (to compete with LSC/Bayview) and many other unknown possibilities. (Especially if some of those long-term features get added too). 

Something I have realised during my time on the server is that people need to be stimulated and encouraged to create their own RP, but we're not giving them the tools to do this. Hopefully this suggestion is something that can be added and we can get people who have really good ideas to use this system and create some kickass RP!

Feel free to add points to the suggestion (and remove)! Discuss the features mention and remember, the focus of this suggestion is to enhance civilian RP.

• Upvote 1

+1

San Andreas map is so beautiful with so much potential for businesses and roleplay, but they are neglected. The more diverse the business script is the more diverse players can make the server.

i.e

Perseus; Only sells formal clothing, watches.

Jewelry Store; Sells necklaces, watches. Bracelets, earrings.

Suburban; sells casual clothing, street clothing, tshirts, etc.

Vespucci Beach; Sells masks and costumes.

Vinewood; Comic Book Store; Sells masks and costumes.

Make all businesses including barber and clothing stores player owned and operated.

Edited by Percival

+1 The stocks can have many companies named in it, you can add all Grocery stores, ammunation stores, if a player buys something then according to profit the shares go up and shares go down with low sale compare to previous month ((prev. week)) sale and then player who owns store need to pay NPC working there, plus if the store are robbed then shares price go down, and allowing robbery at every stores, ammunation, clothing.

+/-

Great ideas and like factions much of these things could be earned through RP, with different guidelines. A lot of this can be accomplished with the current faction system however.

• +1 Employee Management - Can be done within the faction system. However i do think as a business side of things, the faction UI should be considered "IC" as more of an personnel management tool or "HR".
  • +1 Business Bank Account - Current factions have a treasury, would be great to pay out though it or offer 'on duty' options.
  • +/- Business Dealership - Could permit a company more options while at a dealership to purchase 'commercial vehicles'. In addition allowing the use of a garage connected to a warehouse and the vehicles can be attached to the 'owner' of the business without impacting their total vehicles as they would be mainly tied to business use.
  • +1 Purchase and assign properties to company - This can already be done with factions, however being able to assign business assets would be nice as well.
  • +1 Set HQ and assign company vehicle parking spots - This could be based on the size of property you have and allow the attaching of a company garage.
  • -1 Stocks System - This could get very complicated and likely abused, there would need to be a lot of checks and balances. I believe a better solution would be to allow 'shareholders', where only the holder of a share can transfer their shares (% based) unless they are inactive, then the shares gradually get split evenly to all other shareholders.
  • -1 Illegal organisation system - Can be done with the current faction system. The only difference would be that you would portray a legal organization but be underlying illegal, thus when your faction is created it would be marked as 'criminal'. I do believe though as a business organization, you should be able to build reputation in a different way, maybe your organization being the one bringing in the shipments when they're ordered by others, or you have the ability to launder money or 'liquidate' cars for any turf, whether your no it or not.
  • -1 Item creation and Inventory System - Not sure what you mean by this. Warehouses have inventory, I do support the ability though to create items however, but on a server wide scale. Wheat + Meat = Sandwich.

Staff or not, providing a server suggestion allows input from everyone. Yes, there are always ways to improve gameplay, support and scripting. However many things can be accomplished IC and don't require scripting or already have alternative or available implementation.

My only addition to these ideas would be to lock business orders or assign tasks with a pay, allowing only your own employees to take and deliver these orders.

Edited by Xoza
  • Upvote 1

+/-

Great ideas and like factions much of these things could be earned through RP, with different guidelines. A lot of this can be accomplished with the current faction system however.

• +1 Employee Management - Can be done within the faction system. However i do think as a business side of things, the faction UI should be considered "IC" as more of an personnel management tool or "HR".
  • +1 Business Bank Account - Current factions have a treasury, would be great to pay out though it or offer 'on duty' options.
  • +/- Business Dealership - Could permit a company more options while at a dealership to purchase 'commercial vehicles'. In addition allowing the use of a garage connected to a warehouse and the vehicles can be attached to the 'owner' of the business without impacting their total vehicles as they would be mainly tied to business use.
  • +1 Purchase and assign properties to company - This can already be done with factions, however being able to assign business assets would be nice as well.
  • +1 Set HQ and assign company vehicle parking spots - This could be based on the size of property you have and allow the attaching of a company garage.
  • -1 Stocks System - This could get very complicated and likely abused, there would need to be a lot of checks and balances. I believe a better solution would be to allow 'shareholders', where only the holder of a share can transfer their shares (% based) unless they are inactive, then the shares gradually get split evenly to all other shareholders.
  • -1 Illegal organisation system - Can be done with the current faction system. The only difference would be that you would portray a legal organization but be underlying illegal, thus when your faction is created it would be marked as 'criminal'. I do believe though as a business organization, you should be able to build reputation in a different way, maybe your organization being the one bringing in the shipments when they're ordered by others, or you have the ability to launder money or 'liquidate' cars for any turf, whether your no it or not.
  • -1 Item creation and Inventory System - Not sure what you mean by this. Warehouses have inventory, I do support the ability though to create items however, but on a server wide scale. Wheat + Meat = Sandwich.

Staff or not, providing a server suggestion allows input from everyone. Yes, there are always ways to improve gameplay, support and scripting. However many things can be accomplished IC and don't require scripting or already have alternative or available implementation.

My only addition to these ideas would be to lock business orders or assign tasks with a pay, allowing only your own employees to take and deliver these orders.

i completely agree with your point, i think the stock system should be implemented but in a very balanced and limited manner as to stop people from abusing it while still allowing some nice investor/loan shark rp.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.