Not Butters

Gross RP rule should apply to racism

Ok, so I know this has been talked about much but I feel like I should share my opinion on the matter. I believe that racism should be in the game, because in real life some people are also racist. But I feel that you should be granted OOC permission before. Racism stops many people from playing the game and from streaming. I think this would be the best way to solve the issue without ending it completely but having OOC permission so people don’t get offended by it.

• Upvote 6

Right now you can ooc'ly ask and they have to stop. Otherwise it's considered a rule break and you can report them if they continue.

Ik that but I’m saying it should be the other way around because some people are more like sensitive to that stuff then others and why gross rp need permission when racism doesn’t?

• Upvote 1

Personally, I think the way the server handles it (someone being able to ask someone to stop) is the most practical way of doing it.

The reality is, we're playing an adult game and trying to simulate a real-life environment. People do say the N word, even casually in sentences. Look at how much the character of Lamar says it in GTA V's single-player for example.

I think asking for permission to say something like that encroaches a little bit too much on the flexibility of role-play. The kind of gross role-play that the rule is for, is for things that are way out there in terms of content. Like I said, people do say it casually, right or wrong, it's a part of our generation's language.

What does bother me however is people using real life events like the George Floyd situation, in their role-play. It has absolutely nothing to do with our world, yet you have 14 year old edgelords screaming in their microphones that they can't breathe and stuff like that.

I think if it's in the context of the role-play situation and it doesn't break server rules, you should have the freedom to say what you want but also acknowledge that not everyone is going to share the same views so it's common courtesy if someone is uncomfortable with that kind of talk on an OOC level to stop using it.

I believe it would be very constructive and would improve the overall roleplay expierence for people and streamers alike if ooc permission was asked before using offensive or racist rp. If we can get the server to the standards of following twitch terms of service we could draw a lot bigger streamers and quality rpers alike. I dont want to ruin the expierence of people who would like to rp that sort of stuff but I also really enjoy streaming here and with my channel growing at the rate it is i have no desire to stream anything but eclipse 

Thanks for taking the time to consider this option...         LiftedGamingNetwork

• Upvote 5

+1 I've said it before and I'll say it again, people aren't playing on this server as AAA actors trying to portray a thug in grove street as realistic as possible. 99% of people in Eclipse saying the N-word are being edgy gamers, simple as that.

I haven't seen a single RP scenario where this is justified and it KILLS any content creation, let's not pretend saying ''Nigger'' or ''Nigga'' is the line between good and bad RP, maybe focus on getting players to actually try and RP for once instead of having the community argue about the n-word.

Hit me up when you get Lamar from single-player on the server, until then classify it as Gross RP and make it so people need to ask OOC permission.

I believe it would be very constructive and would improve the overall roleplay expierence for people and streamers alike if ooc permission was asked before using offensive or racist rp. If we can get the server to the standards of following twitch terms of service we could draw a lot bigger streamers and quality rpers alike. I dont want to ruin the expierence of people who would like to rp that sort of stuff but I also really enjoy streaming here and with my channel growing at the rate it is i have no desire to stream anything but eclipse 

Thanks for taking the time to consider this option...         LiftedGamingNetwork

+1, hard enough for streamers to get monetised on such a niche game as GTA RP, the rule you propose would make it much easier for Eclipse streamers.

• Like 1

Haha it’s ILoveZezMore from stream