Philoop

S.E.D./S.W.A.T. Able to put clothes on in/near a faction vehicle.

My suggestion is pretty simple. I think that SED and SWAT should be able to do /swat in/around their vehicles after a game crash. I am requesting this purely based on the amount of times that me and other LEO's have crashed in gear, and had to stay out of gear or return to the station to /swat again. More information found in the clarification. Thanks for your time.

CLARIFICATION:

1. Realistically, we would have the gear in our cruiser's trunk anyway, like what was said. (

2. I agree with the point of adding a timer, as that would make it more realistic for us to actually gear up, instead of instantly switching. Obviously we would need to RP putting our gear in our cruisers too.

3. Many times when we crash, it is a pain that we spawn back on normal duty, and I think that it would be a nice thing to have in order for us to remain confidential, and have our armor. 

Edited by Philoop
  • Like 1
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

-1 in my opinion. 

A better fix would be correcting the on duty state to remain active for logout times under say 10 minutes. 

The suggestion goes deeper than that. 

There is no reason SED and SWAT have to return to their stations in order to change into their gear, it's not realistic as something as simple as clothes can be carried in any vehicle. 

All it needs is a timer for the /swat command to change into gear which can he idk 30 seconds or whatever really.

Driving halfway across the state to change clothes is not realistic nor necessary. 

How it works irl for reference 

• Like 3
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, flow said:

The suggestion goes deeper than that. 

There is no reason SED and SWAT have to return to their stations in order to change into their gear, it's not realistic as something as simple as clothes can be carried in any vehicle. 

All it needs is a timer for the /swat command to change into gear which can he idk 30 seconds or whatever really.

Driving halfway across the state to change clothes is not realistic nor necessary. 

How it works irl for reference 

I think you misunderstood my statement, by on duty state I did mean to include that pd SWAT/SED/IB etc, as these are modifiers to your on duty state. 

I don't think a command is needed to deploy from vehicles, instead losing the applied aspects upon logout should be fixed. 

The original post is a bandage that isn't shaped correctly. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

I think you misunderstood my statement, by on duty state I did mean to include that pd SWAT/SED/IB etc, as these are modifiers to your on duty state. 

I don't think a command is needed to deploy from vehicles, instead losing the applied aspects upon logout should be fixed. 

The original post is a bandage that isn't shaped correctly. 

What's wrong with deploying from a vehicle? disregard crashing even in normal circumstances.

43 minutes ago, Amaim said:

What's wrong with deploying from a vehicle? disregard crashing even in normal circumstances.

Personally not a fan, it will just turn into an army of macro deploying swat officers. 

/pw is more than enough as is for roadside equipment. 

9 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

Personally not a fan, it will just turn into an army of macro deploying swat officers. 

I understand your concern, but /pw provides all the actual gear anyways including macros and all the weaponry. the only extra thing would be the extended armor other than that it's just the uniform.

-1 Can already see this being abused, /pw is already abused enough as it is

11 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

A better fix would be correcting the on duty state to remain active for logout times under say 10 minutes. 

This is a much better way of going around it, fix the problem itself rather than a command.

9 hours ago, Ezrya said:

-1 Can already see this being abused, /pw is already abused enough as it is

This is a much better way of going around it, fix the problem itself rather than a command.

How exactly can it be abused? what advantage does it give other than the extended armor which is not unrealistic to have in a cruiser's trunk?

Just now, Amaim said:

How exactly can it be abused? what advantage does it give other than the extended armor which is not unrealistic to have in a cruiser's trunk?

You said it yourself extended armor, I have already seen /pw being spammed in shootouts for officers to get more armour and ammo so what would stop swat from spamming this command in an insurgent in shootouts to get more armour quickly.

9 hours ago, Ezrya said:

You said it yourself extended armor, I have already seen /pw being spammed in shootouts for officers to get more armour and ammo so what would stop swat from spamming this command in an insurgent in shootouts to get more armour quickly.

That would be abuse... however I understand your concern. Perhaps it can be added with some rules surrounding it or a long timer, say 2-3 minutes

Just now, Amaim said:

That would be abuse... however I understand your concern. Perhaps it can be added with some rules surrounding it or a long timer, say 2-3 minutes

A timer would make sense, if this suggestion was implemented I can imagine a timer would be the best way to go around it. @CallumMontie suggestion pretty much just fixes the problem of losing gear though when the game crashes which is what the original post was intented for.

• Like 2

Yes, it needs a reasonable timer! However long it would realistically take you to put on your swat/sed gear. That way, it couldn't be abused in shootouts and it would greatly help with not having to drive across the map twice just to change clothes 

1 hour ago, CallumMontie said:

We're talking about changing clothes, why does this need to be kept away from PD and SD? All the /me and /do is already there in the /pw command, how would it be spammed? If it was a 60 or 120 second timer, can you explain how that would be abused or promote bad roleplay please?

Edited by flow
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, flow said:

We're talking about changing clothes, why does this need to be kept away from PD and SD? All the /me and /do is already there in the /pw command, how would it be spammed? If it was a 60 or 120 second timer, can you explain how that would be abused or promote bad roleplay please?

Read. 

On 6/2/2020 at 4:42 AM, Philoop said:

My suggestion is pretty simple. I think that SED and SWAT should be able to do /swat in/around their vehicles after a game crash.

The suggestion is to fix it disappearing after a crash, so fix it by making it retain these assets for a set number of minutes that a player can recover. 

personally do not like the idea of /me changes into swat gear and bam you got an extra 50% health at the roadside for the sole reason of shooting. Swat / sed should be tactically deployed from many of the available deployment areas and not out some standard pd cruiser trunk. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

Read. 

The suggestion is to fix it disappearing after a crash, so fix it by making it retain these assets for a set number of minutes that a player can recover. 

personally do not like the idea of /me changes into swat gear and bam you got an extra 50% health at the roadside for the sole reason of shooting. Swat / sed should be tactically deployed from many of the available deployment areas and not out some standard pd cruiser trunk. 

I have read, but I am not finding the sense in what you say.

You are opposing the possibility of PD and SD changing clothes by the roadside? For what reason? We don't change into SWAT gear for the sole reason of shooting, when SED and SWAT get deployed, there have already been shots, we're not the aggressor, ever. You're trying to oppose a realistic act, carried out all over the world on a daily basis, because you don't like that it wouldn't require SWAT and SED to waste time driving back and forth for something as simple as changing their clothes? That's very very biased and not community focused at all in my opinion. Why are you allowed to put on and take off your armour (which you currently have a suggestion made to buff it for crims) but SED and SWAT shouldn't? That's very very biased towards your playstyle.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hoxton_Curry said:

/pw gets already abused too much, people taking multiple kevlars during a battle, people taking out another carbine to refill their ammo mid battle, some of them are even shooting vehicles with micros and as soon as they use their 150 ammo they just take a new one out and start shooting again, and all of this requires no timer and now you want swat armor inside too..? 

No, we WANT it with a realistic timer for all of those actions.

+1 I 100% agree with this as it allows for quicker RP all would needed to do is do proper RP to make sure the changing is okay and they dont instantly switch. You should only be able to switch in set vehicles and not stuff like high speeds bikes and helicopters. to make it realistic as a bike could not have a full swat gear.

Edited by Danny-T

Regular patrol vehicles don't carry SWAT/SED gear inside of them. SWAT gears up at the station or loads gear into designated vehicles to suit up at a staging area near the scene, it's not something they carry on regular, passive patrols. That's speaking for LASD at least. I'd rather just see the bug fixed where if you log back in it's gone. We already have a lot of advantages, this doesn't need to be one of them.

• Upvote 2

Just now, CBullet said:

Regular patrol vehicles don't carry SWAT/SED gear inside of them. SWAT gears up at the station or loads gear into designated vehicles to suit up at a staging area near the scene, it's not something they carry on regular, passive patrols. I'd rather just see the bug fixed where if you log back in it's gone.

Well that's not entirely true. Regular cruisers do not stock SWAT gear, however, members of SWAT often deploy from home and their cruisers as they are required to be able to deploy at any time, anywhere, SWAT responses IRL are time critical, they do not drive back and forth to deploy, members of SWAT deploy from anywhere and carry their gear with them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CBullet said:

Regular patrol vehicles don't carry SWAT/SED gear inside of them. SWAT gears up at the station or loads gear into designated vehicles to suit up at a staging area near the scene, it's not something they carry on regular, passive patrols. That's speaking for LASD at least. I'd rather just see the bug fixed where if you log back in it's gone. We already have a lot of advantages, this doesn't need to be one of them.

I don't think it is a massive advantage over a timer etc. It seems like a sound work around 

2 minutes ago, flow said:

Well that's not entirely true. Regular cruisers do not stock SWAT gear, however, members of SWAT often deploy from home and their cruisers as they are required to be able to deploy at any time, anywhere, SWAT responses IRL are time critical, they do not drive back and forth to deploy, members of SWAT deploy from anywhere and carry their gear with them.

That's fair, but I still don't think we need this as another advantage. We already have passive and active delta patrols for fast deployment on scenes, we don't need the advantage of being able to gear up anywhere at any time. I think the relog bug should be fixed and that's it. Adding this as a feature is an entirely unnecessary thing if you're only looking to solve the relog bug.

I do not how this can be downvoted as a suggestion to combat code 0's. This thread was not made for the purpose of initiating SWAT/SED RP from anywhere on the map. It is stating that if the server crashes or you code 0. You can RESUME your SED/SWAT RP not initiate it or be hindered because of a server issue.

If the timer can be made to mirror that of the duty timer for being offline then BOOM all issues are fixed.

But in the aspect of this being a suggestion solely made for combating code 0's and it just being an idea from a community member I support it.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.