Msato

Inventory Management

The current inventory system feels a little clumsy, having to drag back and forth mass quantities of items that do not stack is horrible. Along with this most items do not stack 

What to change:

Shift Click to move items between Inventory and Side Inventory, this would move the shift clicked item into an empty slot.

Dynamic Stack Split - Right click the item, and select split, then enter the number you wish to split off.

Make any identical item stack, unless the item has an inventory.

Store "Carried" bags into Inventories by pressing E.

Our current inventory system already resembles that of Minecrafts, the QoL features also from this inventory style should be added.

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 2

Yes please, here's why:

1. Gathering materials for cooking is such a pain when you have to buy them, open a bag, then drag each one into the bag.
  2. If you have a large amount of a certain item such as ammo, it is a pain to take just 50 bullets from this pile.
  3. There is no reason for items not stacking, if the intention is reduce how many a person can hold then just increase the volume of that item.
  4. You shouldn't have to empty your inventory to pick up a crate and store it when you can hold it in your hands.
Edited by JakeInnit_

+/-

The current inventory system is still fairly recent. It used to be much worse (maybe better, depending on your views on some of it's changes), but has come a long way since, in addition has been adjusted and refined over the year. I don't think it needs a 'major overhaul'.

• I'm not sure if the inventory system will recognize a shift+click, but I'm not a GTA dev.
  • Rightclick > Split, Great Idea, Maybe could be done on the ground as well with Ctrl+X.
  • I definitely agree that a LOT of items should be stackable, that aren't.
    • Furniture
    • Drug Items
    • GPS
    • Maps
    • Much more that don't have their own unique statistics.
  • There should be a 'hand' slot where items you carry would be placed. You'll be able to see how much it weighs and from there you should be able to transfer that item to your inventory.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.