Strelok

Vehicle Repair Kits

Due to the severe lack of available roadside mechanics many people have no way to retrieve their broken down vehicles. People are willing to pay for a roadside recovery but there it just no one available to actually carry out the required work. This is why it would be very useful to have a new vehicle repair kit that players could purchase from a shop. The repair kit wouldn't repair the vehicle to 1000 health but it should be able to restore the vehicle to the minimum working condition so you are able to start the engine and drive it to one of the mechanics workshops.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DetectiveStone said:

-1 the concept is sound, but realistically, 70% of people wouldn’t know how to fix a broken down car to a functional condition. Good idea though.

something definitely needs to be done about the insane lack of roadside and even when on duty, unwillingness to respond. I have waited over a day for my RV to be repaired

-1, i think mechanic factions need to discuss internally to fix the shortage. Imo a car that is broken completely, and can not drive, shouldn't be able to be fixed with a roadside repair kit. It's a good idea, but i think there are better solutions to this problem. 

7 minutes ago, braden said:

something definitely needs to be done about the insane lack of roadside and even when on duty, unwillingness to respond. I have waited over a day for my RV to be repaired

I understand the reasoning behind your suggestion and agree it’s an issue, maybe introducing a third mechanic faction for the Blaine County/Sandy area would help with the lack of mechanics available. 

2 minutes ago, DetectiveStone said:

I understand the reasoning behind your suggestion and agree it’s an issue, maybe introducing a third mechanic faction for the Blaine County/Sandy area would help with the lack of mechanics available. 

I have seen on some servers there is a push vehicle option, this may be useful but limited to not being able to push heavy vehicles. 'CTRL - X - Push Vehicle' something like that

-1 having been a mechanic in the past this is something that would vastly harm the already damaged mechanic factions. 

There has been a development request made for further features to mechanics in the past such as a /mechoffer for towing etc. 

The restrictions on tow truck usage need to be removed from LSC, as they are left as essentially the sole faction to service in city, but only select members of their faction can use a tow truck. 

-1 from me. I also agree its annoying waiting for a mechanic just for one not to come but this would simply hurt the faction and server overall. Say if you rear end someone with your car and its smoking really bad, Unless you were a mechanic ICly before hand I wouldn't think you would have the knowledge to fix a seriously damaged car.

Why not have something similar to BLS.

You could take a course at either LSC or Bayview, buy a basic repair kit that would allow you to fix your car some. The repair would be sloppy, so your car would be losing integrity while driving, but this would allow people a chance to get to a mechanic.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

You could take a course at either LSC or Bayview, buy a basic repair kit that would allow you to fix your car some. The repair would be sloppy, so your car would be losing integrity while driving, but this would allow people a chance to get to a mechanic.

I think this would be an awesome implementation as it would allow players to rp this and also bring it over to the mechanics shop and they could finish the repair.

11 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

This sounds super interesting and could definitely be something cool to implement

16 minutes ago, CaesarSeizure said:

This would be a great way as it wouldn't hurt the faction as it could be a paid course so the faction benefits, it also prevents people from waiting for SO long to get a simple roadside tow which was the original aim of the suggestion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.