Saif

Vague rules

So in my opinion there are so many rules that don't give enough closure, and sparks up a lot of OOC altercations and ends up getting people wrongfully banned for a misunderstanding.

I'll attach a conversation between me and a senior support member.

pxxcd8v.png

Am I missing a bigger picture here?

Edited by Saif

42 minutes ago, JakeInnit_ said:

For fear rp to work the player needs to give demands, if they give realistic demands at a distance at which you can hear them while they're aiming a weapon at you then you are under fear rp.

No, that's not my question.

Right now, you're running from someone, all of a sudden he chooses to whip out his gun mid pursuit and asks you to put your hands up.

A) Do you continue running? Given that you're already running.

B) Do you stop and put your hands up?

25 minutes ago, Ultra3D said:

Everything is situational.

That's why I created this thread.

Everything is situational and every admin has their own resolution, which may or may not be fair - hence why I created this little thread.

I'm by no means attacking a set of rule or individual, I'm just trying to understand, to avoid any mishap or confusion down the road/far future.

Edited by Saif

16 hours ago, Saif said:

No, that's not my question.

Right now, you're running from someone, all of a sudden he chooses to whip out his gun mid pursuit and asks you to put your hands up.

A) Do you continue running? Given that you're already running.

B) Do you stop and put your hands up?

If you know that theres nothing between you to stop a bullet and you hear "show me your hands" i think most people IRL would probably give up

If you're in a car for example and youre already moving then IRL your best bet would probably be to duck and gun it

I would say that if you can back it up and its sort of in the grey zone, then you likely wont get punished for it, and most people (ideally) wouldn't report you unless it was blatantly unrealistic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Havana said:

If you know that theres nothing between you to stop a bullet and you hear "show me your hands" i think most people IRL would probably give up

If you're in a car for example and youre already moving then IRL your best bet would probably be to duck and gun it

I would say that if you can back it up and its sort of in the grey zone, then you likely wont get punished for it, and most people (ideally) wouldn't report you unless it was blatantly unrealistic

Uhuh, alrighty, thank you for your input.

20 hours ago, Saif said:

That's why I created this thread.

Everything is situational and every admin has their own resolution, which may or may not be fair - hence why I created this little thread.

I'm by no means attacking a set of rule or individual, I'm just trying to understand, to avoid any mishap or confusion down the road/far future.

Its completely fair, Read the rules, know when and when you cant do things, If you are unsure on a specific rule ask around with the staff. Simple.

Edited by Ultra3D

Hello, 

Administrators meet regularly/biweekly to review rules and new scenarios that may arise as well as work to refine rules that are highlighted as issues. Administrators do have a punishment guideline therefore all punishments are uniform and within the same boundaries. In unique scenarios, a senior administrator may approve a punishment outside the guidelines but in general they are uniform and applied fairly.

As for the wording of FearRP I feel that it is not-that-vague although it is left for admin discretion in a situation which means it wont be just black and white in every single situation. FearRP is as it is written in the rules that if you are at point blank range with a gun or another form of threat in which you could end their life at will if they did run, then you should not run. 

In the example provided, if you're already running and they're not within a distance where they would for sure hit you 100% and kill you (5-10 feet) then you're able to continue running and take the chance however if they have given demands which are being ignored at gunpoint, they could decide to take hostile action for you running.

All in all, fearRP does not cause people much issue if they play by the general rule olf valuing your characters life and playing to extend it at all costs even if it puts you in a losing situation. Losing your assets should be a better option than losing your life.

Thanks for your concern and feel free to PM me if you have questions about FearRP.

• Like 1

The reason everything is so vague is because some of this initiative must be given to the player. Not to mention, extremely specific rules would lead to many roleplay issues. Having a specific  distance for fearrp wouldnt make sense because players cant just measure their distance by looking at their computer screen in an onbjective manner when roleplay is clearly a subjective matter which is situational

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.