RwarKiki

Gang colors

As a female in this server, I like to dress up in different outfits; however, when it comes down to gang colors, I, as well as many other females, cant wear all the items of clothing provided due to gang activity. I want to recommend as other factions have uniforms, gangs include themselves in this and have a designated uniform for not only clothing but vehicle paint as well. This way, more people can utilize the clothing provided and express themselves in any way, shape, or form without having to worry about a gang member approaching them and telling them they can't wear something because of the color. 

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure you can utilize absolutely any colours for your clothing or vehicles, just that some colours might attract the wrong kind of attention.

I think personally i was wearing all black while rooks were the only gang using black, and ive used different car colours, all that were gang related. Its not really something that needs to be enforced by rules.

+1

This is hardly an IC issue when it starts ruining gameplay and makes it annoying.

I was jumped once by people outside my apartment door because I wore their base color that wasn't even in the same shade.
The day later it happened again, so why should I be grieved by groups in a game just because of a color?

And if it remains like this, you basically allow groups form and say "Now we own this color and no one else can use it".
It's just a really stupid thing to enforce.

Edited by Adir
  • Like 1

Look at it from a gangs POV, you have the same colours as they. They likely realize you are not part of their gang, but other gangs dont. If you start doing dumb stuff to antagonize other gangs while wearing anothers colours, you can start potential conflicts - and this does happen, where people pretend to be part of another gang for either protection or to cause issues between the two.

With that in mind, as colours are the main way to identify each other, you have to understand that gangs want to avoid unnecessary issues caused by people wearing their colours.

Lastly, it is an IC issue and will never be an OOC one, if 10 armed guys are telling you to change your colours, it is quite stupid to ignore the danger and stick to it just because "you like the colour".

+1

As an old RPer (been on a break but yet I was playing over the times in SA:MP in the big comminuties), Each gang/faction had there unique "Skins" as it was in San Andreas of course now its different cause its not like that are too many gang skins or skins that you can put you need to design your character look,
But to let a Faction/Gang to rule a colour only cause they choose it it is not right cause a lot of gameplay(RP) can include clothes and its a pretty big deal IMO as a part of the game play itself (Let a side that most of the people don't really RP and just ignore everything that RP mean but yet you understand my meaning).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, CaesarSeizure said:

Look at it from a gangs POV, you have the same colours as they. They likely realize you are not part of their gang, but other gangs dont. If you start doing dumb stuff to antagonize other gangs while wearing anothers colours, you can start potential conflicts - and this does happen, where people pretend to be part of another gang for either protection or to cause issues between the two.

With that in mind, as colours are the main way to identify each other, you have to understand that gangs want to avoid unnecessary issues caused by people wearing their colours.

Lastly, it is an IC issue and will never be an OOC one, if 10 armed guys are telling you to change your colours, it is quite stupid to ignore the danger and stick to it just because "you like the colour".

I'm sorry, but as a citizen I really don't care about the gangs businesses. Their relationships with other gangs is their own business.
If people pretend to be a part of other gangs to antagonize them, that's another thing, but that's in itself is still not a valid reason for this behavior we're discussing.
If you'd walk outside your house in real life, wherever you live, you wouldn't get jumped by a gang just because your shirt is Blue or whatever other color it may be.
It simply does not happen in real life, maybe only maybe in gang territories, which is then understandable.

If gangs want to identify their members, they should find other ways to do so, claiming a color and using it as a uniform identifier is dumb.
Especially when you expect others not to wear that color, which again, is unrealistic.

Whether if it is an IC issue or not is irrelevant. We're discussing behavior in the server that we as players don't like and want to voice our concerns.
This is a role playing community, most of the stuff we're discussing are in character issues and scenarios, so if we were to ignore those just because they should be dealt with in the game, there would be very little room for suggestions.

Edited by Adir
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Devonte said:

I think there is a nonrp aspect of gangs. IRL if a crip saw someone in blue, you think they would check em? I can tell you first hand that's a solid no. The only reason they would check you for wearing blue is when you are in their territory or hood. Then they would stop and check you. They don't own the color completely, but in the gang world they do. I think it's completely unrealistic for gangs to rob and even kill someone over a color. I think there should be more realistic factors to colors IG.

That makes complete sense and it's how it is. Gangs protect their colors in their territory, not city or state wide. While cars are usually painted to their color, all their clothes usually aren't. Usually a shirt of their color is enough, sometimes they have a bandana wrapped around their wrist or something more subtle. 

I'd still argue this is a IC issue, but I'd argue that it's poor RP gangs would give a crap about colors outside their territory, as if the entire state of SA is their own.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My whole thing is even if this is an IC issue, my character cant go up to gang members and be like, "Hey guys, I'm not in your territory, so I shouldn't have to change." That's not what is going to happen. Either my character has to strip or get robbed? That isn't realistic, so who would enforce this nonrealistic roleplay? This is why I asked in the first place. It's ridiculous to have to fear walking down the street because you love pink or blue. Gangs have their HQ in which then would it be understandable to be harassed by gang members. 

• Like 2

+1. 

I do not understand how the issue of gang colours is an "IC issue." What is @RwarKiki supposed to do? Go and survey the Cities' gangs and ask them if its okay for her to wear what colours she wants as she feels limited in her wardrobe? 

Whilst I accept gang colours have their place, I do think that attacking people for wearing a specific colour or item of clothing is ridiculous. I think this needs server administration intervention somehow i.e. disallowing attacks/robberies based on fact that someone is wearing a specific colour or item of clothing unless in the situation is makes sense. One such example would be a person deliberately wearing what a gang considers is "their colours" and then deliberately taunting them. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ryzoft said:

It's a completely IC issue. 

There is already new rules in place to stop people being robbed in public areas such as stores, public streets or busy areas. If you are not a criminal you no longer need to worry about random robberies in hop-spot locations. If you are wearing green and are attacked by a gang that wears green or a gang that is attacking green that is an issue that is to be handled ICly. Go buy other clothes its very simple. It's also not always about the colour of the clothing, I wont go into detail as it would be ic information but there are ways to separate yourself while still wearing the colours you want. That is something you'll have to figure out icly. 

Why should players who are not in gangs worry about being attacked because of what their characters wear?
If I want to wear something, why do I need to figure out how to wear it so I don't get attacked by gangs?

I doubt that when you get dressed to get outside your house IRL, you worry about gang members jumping you because your shirt happens to be in the colors that they wear.

It is a really weird thing to enforce on players and it ruins the experience.
If that doesn't happen in real life, why does it happen in our RP server?

Edited by Adir

As it was stated multiple times in the post, yes, if you go wearing Blue or Red in Crips or Bloods hood, of course they will jump you. And same here, if you go with gangs colored vehicle and clothing in their hood, then its acceptable that they approach you.

But people here are talking that you can't even go to LSC in a gangs colored vehicle without being harassed by someone because you are sporting their colors. And just wearing jeans and gang colored top will get you attacked and robbed.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.