Reevesy202

Increase store robbery money

This is a fun addition but it pays so little so why not increase the price but add a % chance that the shop clerk will pull out a shotgun and shoot you (I'm sure AI have perfect sync).

(providing only 2 go in to the store to rob it, any more than that and AI will break FailRP)

Edited by Reevesy202
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, OsamaBigLag said:

Instead of killing you, make it so it shoots bean bag so you just lay there incapacitated like Guy when he switches his pills for sugar ones

Okay I love that idea! Except the last part of it..  It alerts the cop and a medic, which also gives for more RP.  If the medic gets there first and someone is down but his accomplice is there, the accomplice could potentially rp an amazing scenario and get the medic to call the officer to say the man died on scene or take the medic hostage / threaten to kill the medic if he doesn't get him and his friend to the hospital as fast as possible.  

Why hasnt this been implimented yet? Seriously you get like 50 dollar from robbing a store and with everything costing a shit ton on the server compared to that well who is going to risk the money. About the clerk shooting you, i think thats not needed if the pd shows up and does the same

• Upvote 1

With the increase in jail times, they really should increase the reward for robbery. As it stands right now the armed robbery and potential other charges far outweigh the benefits. Armed Robbery - 105 Minutes, $2,000. And that's without throwing on Brandishing a Firearm, license violations, felony evasion and driving charges if you evade.

The amount earned from a robbery should be equal to the risk, but they should also impose restrictions. Can't rob a store unless X amount of cops are online otherwise early morning hours will be ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SoloSmith said:

The amount earned from a robbery should be equal to the risk, but they should also impose restrictions. Can't rob a store unless X amount of cops are online otherwise early morning hours will be ridiculous. 

Completely agree with this. Currently it's definitely not worth it to rob a store, if anything it's currently done by new players or people that want police to come after them. I've seen this system before on different occasions, where the reward is higher but also has more restrictions, like in this case being unable to rob a store if there's less than X cops online.

+1, with Smith's idea.

• Upvote 1

Store robberies should indeed only be possible with a number of cops on and should be more rewarding. However, it should also be limited in number of criminals that participate, otherwise it would turn to all out war if cops arrive at a store that is being robbed. Punishment should not be equal to profit per se. That is the risk that comes with crime.

Edited by Triple Seven

17 hours ago, SoloSmith said:

Can't rob a store unless X amount of cops are online otherwise early morning hours will be ridiculous. 

No, improve your recruitment and faction to cover more timezones. 

Lack of cops means bad department IRL and boosts crime rates. 

4 hours ago, Lumin said:

There is a very big difference between lesser police numbers because of budget cuts and the political environment, and 0 officers responding to dangerous felony calls. The server isn't 24/7 heavily populated so you cannot expect just one faction to be. PD recruitment is fine, just don't call the entire department racist during your interview ;)

Edited by SoloSmith
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lumin said:

Our recruitment works flawless. In fact, it works to such a great extent that it makes sure people who call us racist and lazy during their job interview do not get in. There is nothing wrong with PD recruitment. Thank you.

34 minutes ago, flow said:

Our recruitment works flawless. In fact, it works to such a great extent that it makes sure people who call us racist and lazy during their job interview do not get in. There is nothing wrong with PD recruitment. Thank you.

Wow. Way to mix IC and OOC. 
I hold no grudges about getting denied. I stayed true to my IC character, which is emotional and bitchy snowflake who usually says something and regrets it later.
But if recruitment works fine, then why does getting interview take (3!) days? Other people have said the same, 2-3 days. Who has time to idle in your TS for 3 days straight?
(not being afk that is)
It didn't take more then hour, you're telling me during 72 hours PD has hard time finding 1-2 hours to spend properly interviewing applicants? Sorry, that is just lazy.

48 minutes ago, SoloSmith said:

There is a very big difference between lesser police numbers because of budget cuts and the political environment, and 0 officers responding to dangerous felony calls. The server isn't 24/7 heavily populated so you cannot expect just one faction to be. PD recruitment is fine, just don't call the entire department racist during your interview ;)

It doesn't need to be. One cop online is enough to stop a robbery in progress, it doesn't have to be heavily overpowered situation, mere sight of the PD should deter criminals from committing crimes.
Let's say you attack the intervening cop, your face gets caught in the dash camera and when more cops log in, you have a mission to track the suspects down.

Guys, I don't want OOC beef, it was just my opinion.

Edited by Lumin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.