Professor

Mara Ginger St.

mara.png.3d49e26b7313166fa08095d723c23b50.png

Mara Salvatrucha 13, better known as MS-13, is a predominantly Central-American street gang founded in East Los Santos in the early 1980s by a group of Salvadorian immigrant teenagers who met at local heavy metal concerts and branded together to protect themselves from Asian and African-American gangs. The gang quickly transformed into an extremely violent criminal organization and recruitment of young Central American immigrants, many as young as 8 years old. Hotspots for the gang are in Northern Virginia, Parts of Los Santos, Long Island, and Washington DC.

Mara Ginger St.

MS13.jpg.952fb3f682a7f241b702d8a826a21bb3.jpg 

Mara Ginger Street is a small, but violent, clique of the MS-13 street gang operating in Little Seoul. The gang operates mostly on and near Ginger Street, where it was founded in 2015 by two 14 year old Salvadorian teenagers named Jorge Romero and Luis Torres. The two teenagers wanted to form a gang of youths from their neighborhood to protect themselves against local Korean gangs and other Salvadorian gangs. They took inspiration from the Infamous Mara Salvatrucha gang that they saw every day on the 6 o' clock news and read about on the internet, and decided to form a "clicka", or chapter, of MS-13. The gang started off mainly hanging out at the high schools their members attended, but later began to run amok on the streets of Little Seoul. The gang quickly ended up on the radar of local police authorities and rival gangs. Many members of the gang where sent to juvenile detention centers. There, they recruited other Central American teens into the gang. Mara Ginger St. then became more well known to media and law enforcement after several high profile incidents. In early 2016, a 16 year old Mara Ginger St. member nicknamed "Popeye" was arrested for the triple murder of two MS-13 dropouts and one of their girlfriends at a local Korean restaurant. He was sentenced to life plus 20 years in prison for the shooting. Several months later, Mara Ginger St. co founder Luis "Sharp" Torres was arrested for the shooting death of a 15 year old member of a rival gang. The charges where later dismissed. The gang has received a large amount of attention on local news stations in Little Seoul and has received some wider media attention due to an 18 year old rapper named who performs under the stage name "Shake and Bake". The gang continues to have a very small and tight knit  membership base that mostly hangs out around Ginger St. and at the basketball court/skate park on Decker Street. Many of the gang's members enjoy skating and playing basketball at the park and choose to conduct gang business there. 

Future Plans

imagesOH6IOLR4.jpg.df2f5c9e8a0c2ddd986f98ebd3195fa8.jpg

-To gain around 12 active members 

-To gain control over the criminal aspects of the Ginger Street area

-To gain more powerful weaponry for the gang 

Recruitment Tips and Info

ms.jpg.a7873d54bc2ed02d59023c708f888cd7.jpg

Recruitment for Mara Ginger street is done entirely in RP, however, if you are interested in having a character in the gang it is recommended you make your character a teenage Salvadorian, Honduran, or Guatemalan immigrant from Little Seoul. Due to the demographics of Little Seoul we are in no way portraying an old school "racist" MS-13 set as we are willing to admit a small amount of Caucasian, Asian, Mexican, and African-American members. All potential recruits must have a desire for serious roleplay. Thank you for your interest in this project, it certainly has a long way to come, but we hope to achieve a serious and well respected  street gang faction in the future. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I, myself, never been fan of organisations that are taken from real life organisations. Beats the opportunity to make something original. Also I never think that someone who's first post on the forum is factions post, will last long and if you gonna follow the idea of MS-13 then I already see several obstacles for your existence in this city. All that being said - prove me wrong friend! 😉 GL

On 2/15/2020 at 5:26 PM, OBESE said:

I, myself, never been fan of organisations that are taken from real life organisations. Beats the opportunity to make something original. Also I never think that someone who's first post on the forum is factions post, will last long and if you gonna follow the idea of MS-13 then I already see several obstacles for your existence in this city. All that being said - prove me wrong friend! 😉 GL

Los Zetas and Triads are/were both real-life gangs. I think it can work if executed properly.

3 minutes ago, FrankieP said:

Los Zetas and Triads are/were both real-life gangs. I think it can work if executed properly.

Never said it cannot work, just stated that imo it beats the purpose of making something original for your rp and that I, personally, not a fan of that.

38 minutes ago, IsThisSeige said:

Isn’t your organization based off an irl one ?

Nope. NLA is an original organisation, purely made in ECRP. The backstory is taken from VLA aka Varrios Los Aztecas (GTA San Andreas Gang). We rp them as our fathers and grandfathers.