DrVolcan

Truckers Update

Right now the only way to make money through trucking is by picking up an order from a player owned business, gun store/gas store/ general store. 

I'm suggesting that some more things be added on a timer or something of the sort like drug labs restock every so often

So let's say that MD needs medical supplies, add a way for truckers to deliver those supplies for cash.

Same thing with farms, farms can't be run without having seeds, so add something for truckers to deliver those seeds

And this could be implemented on multiple levels ex: clothing stores, mechanic shops, tattoo parlors.

I don't see how this could be negative, just gives civilians a more viable option to make money as long as it is balanced

+1 as I think it's a shame that trucker jobs are solely player based.

@Nick_Smokerson - I think for MD supplies it would just be for realistic travel to that location. I see no issue with having truckers get AI orders from places/businesses that would realistically need to make continued orders (ie: hospitals, clothing stores, offices, etc). Nothing would change aside from a player pulling up to a designated marker to "deliver supplies"

Edited by Aldarine

I think they could incentive the player based trucker jobs to keep them a priority, but still add the server made trucker jobs to make it a regular place of employment.

Maybe even have a truck for player based deliveries and a van for server based deliveries.

21 hours ago, Aldarine said:

+1 as I think it's a shame that trucker jobs are solely player based.

@Nick_Smokerson - I think for MD supplies it would just be for realistic travel to that location. I see no issue with having truckers get AI orders from places/businesses that would realistically need to make continued orders (ie: hospitals, clothing stores, offices, etc). Nothing would change aside from a player pulling up to a designated marker to "deliver supplies"

+1 Then, if it doesnt actually affect EMS, but more for truckers to do, then its a good thing.

I mean, if you think the pay is not enough then this can be solved with IC means. Around June-August 2019 there was a faction called the Truckers Union or something of the sorts. They protested the cheap fares and often refused to deliver unless a better price was negotiated. Sadly, they disbanded because their leader left the server. However, they saw moderate success and it could be done again if someone was to do so.

9 minutes ago, kenichis said:

I mean, if you think the pay is not enough then this can be solved with IC means. Around June-August 2019 there was a faction called the Truckers Union or something of the sorts. They protested the cheap fares and often refused to deliver unless a better price was negotiated. Sadly, they disbanded because their leader left the server. However, they saw moderate success and it could be done again if someone was to do so.

His suggestion is NPC jobs which would need a server price for the jobs (which I suggested be reasonable and on par with other jobs like farming, delivery jobs, etc). Not sure how that is an IC issue (or how the Truckers Union is relevant to this suggestion) when he's complaining about lack of jobs (and thus needing NPC ones) not the awful pay of player generated trucking jobs (which yes they are terrible).

Edited by TreMetal

6 minutes ago, TreMetal said:

His suggestion is NPC jobs which would need a server price for the jobs (which I suggested be reasonable and on par with other jobs like farming, delivery jobs, etc). Not sure how that is an IC issue (or how the Truckers Union is relevant to this suggestion) when he's complaining about lack of jobs (and thus needing NPC ones) not the awful pay of player generated trucking jobs (which yes they are terrible).

What I'm saying is that the lack of activity on the trucker job can be subsidized by the increased pay of each delivery. The addition of NPC jobs can actually take away the ability for players to negotiate prices on delivery with other players.

11 minutes ago, TreMetal said:

3 minutes ago, kenichis said:

What I'm saying is that the lack of activity on the trucker job can be subsidized by the increased pay of each delivery. The addition of NPC jobs can actually take away the ability for players to negotiate prices on delivery with other players.

Theirs obviously gonna be less work as the trucking job is for the businesses that needs the deliveries. If they are stocked up no jobs, Should bring them as they where with other jobs for npc stuff aswell as custom deliveries 

Sounds fun, +1
Maybe supplies for mechanic shops too? Mechanics suggested a system in the past where the mechanics themselves would have to collect parts and deliver them to the shop, which would actually affect their stock. For example: A mechanic shop can only have 5 turbo's in stock, so if those are not in stock anymore, they would have to be picked up at a given point in a truck to restock the shop. Same for suspension and engines, maximum stock depending on the parts size, but maybe this can be done with the trucker job?

Edited by Yputi

+1
The trucker job was the first thing I did.
It was not the best way to make money but it gave me a lot of experience.
Also I liked that I could get in my truck at any time and just take any load and get working.
I would still do this today if there was scripted jobs.

Edited by BadZanta

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.