Luxas

Criminal Reform Program

Knowing criminals in the city that are no longer criminals and have turned their lives around it would be good for City Hall to introduce some kind of criminal reform program. 

most state jobs and gov jobs either want you to own a firearms license or have no previous records.

at the moment, you are told IC to appeal, you do so and then you are told they can’t do anything. 

my suggestion is that City should introduce a rule system for reformed criminals

- no prison time in the last 4 weeks ((OOC))

- a point based referral and recommendation system

- a parole officer that you have to report to, what have you been doing, do you consent to searches at random time of all cars and properties to make sure you aren’t breaking the law

- a licensed and registered gun from PD, that you have to have inspected and returned every few weeks 

I have done lots of record checks for DCC, Bayview and LSC and I must say, the comment above is correct. If the charges are older than a week or two weeks OOCly, you may still be hired, of course, you might need some explaining to do and whatnot, however, there is a chance to get hired.

Only PD and SD require you to have a firearms license (dont know about DOC) so its not really an issue for the rest if you wanna go legal. But these jobs are the last ones that would realistically offer a chance for a criminal.

I do think a change in the licensing requirements should be changed as currently i feel it is too harsh, but that is a suggestion to be brought up IC with the people in charge. 

3 hours ago, CaesarSeizure said:

Only PD and SD require you to have a firearms license (dont know about DOC) so its not really an issue for the rest if you wanna go legal. But these jobs are the last ones that would realistically offer a chance for a criminal.

I do think a change in the licensing requirements should be changed as currently i feel it is too harsh, but that is a suggestion to be brought up IC with the people in charge. 

DOC requires a firearmslicense