LiveTrash

Criminal Charge Descriptions

I feel the required option to fill in a description when charging a suspect with something would be beneficial to everyone. When processing things that pertain to criminal activity, we would be able to get a deeper look in to an individuals past if necessary rather than just seeing the often times vague charge name. I feel it could also benefit individuals who receive charges and may not necessarily know why they have received them which could help in them appealing through Internal Affairs reports.

It could also add another level of roleplay for Department of Corrections, for example. When the Police Department or Sheriff's Department call in to DoC for an incoming prisoner, DoC could then look up the name provided and read over the record fully to get a better idea of who they have coming in, and maybe a general briefing of the team that will be handling said individual.

56 minutes ago, Copperhorse said:

There is an option on the government website for the officers to fill out an Arrest report. These go into details about the charges and why they were placed. They are currently optional.

Yes, the option exists but the PD wants its members to spend time playing the actual game and not on the forums posting repetative threads.

This has already been suggested on the government forums and from what I've read over there it is something the PD has requested as part of a MDC revamp.

1 hour ago, Borrelli said:

Yes, the option exists but the PD wants its members to spend time playing the actual game and not on the forums posting repetative threads.

This has already been suggested on the government forums and from what I've read over there it is something the PD has requested as part of a MDC revamp.

First part is very untrue to my knowledge. Optional paperwork is greatly appreciated if it doesnt affect your in-game progress to a greater extent.

On 12/25/2019 at 2:27 PM, Borrelli said:

The optional paperwork, as mentioned, is appreciated, but often times is overlooked or avoided because it can take a while. An arrest report is time consuming whereas a simple text box when placing a charge in-game to add a basic description of the situation/crime committed can be much more efficient to complete and also look up in the future.

I don't really see how it would be beneficial in practice.

Let's say Jason Reed is being arrested for GTA and Felony Evasion. Just from that I can glean that he stole a car and ran from the cops in it.

What would really be gained if for example it said:

GTA - stole a pink blista

Felony Evasion - he drove down interstate 1 until he crashed into a barricade

It seems rather redundant.

It would also severely clutter the screen when you look up a person's record, which is already a nightmare to navigate for people that go to prison regularly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.