Debeezep

Airlines and Airports

I believe that Airports should be utilized and airlines should be created by players. Airlines can be another business with obtaining pilot's license (teaching standard flight practices and how to fly with other aircraft at the same airport [landing & takeoff rules]), purchasing aircraft, fuel prices, and setting own prices. Different airlines can compete with prices and create a great economic competition. 

If not, then airlines could be a government faction and only a license is needed to fly. Here are the following routes I recommend (planes listed are from vanilla game, not mods. Modded planes could be an awesome addition though!):

LSIA - Sandy Shores Airfield: Could be flown by any aircraft, hopefully a Miljet since both airports can handle that large of a size

LSIA - Zancudo: This route can be used for any passengers that want to transfer via bus to Paleto Bay as their final destination. A bus/shuttle route or CityBee rental can be placed there. If a bus runs, then a player could actually have a bus with passengers. 

Zancudo - Sandy Shores - McKenzie: These three could be a triangle of short commuter flights. Possibly with a Velum or even a Luxor/Shamal (If you have good piloting skills, it is possible to takeoff/land at McKenzie airfield with that aircraft, with much past experience). 

Buses would run LSIA - Los Santos Downtown and Zancudo Airbase - Paleto Bay (maybe have a shuttle go to Chumash from Zancudo on certain days?).  We could also have a shuttle run from Paleto Bay to McKenzie if that is more popular than Zancudo. 

I have always wanted to take a flight in the server many times. Plenty of times especially when I did not own a car. Even though a car is easy to travel with, traveling via a plane may be relaxing, easier, faster, more fun, and luxurious! I definitely like the road trip from Los Santos to Paleto Bay, but sometimes I just wanna hop on a plane to McKenzie and just take public transportation to the city. I know this topic has been said before but I believe it needs more attention. Airlines could bring wonderful additions to the economy and provide even more RP opportunities to expand the server's limits. The best way to create airlines would start off with a survey from players asking about fares, frequency of travel, location of travel, and the bus transfers. After some players are surveyed, a good rough idea of airlines routes could be created! I honestly would love to see this system and I believe that creating an airline system would not take much work as aspects can be imported from mechanics of the game that already exist!

• Upvote 1

+1, this sounds like a great idea to really improve the base level infrastructure of the server, and could open up a lot of RP for both legal business and also criminal enterprise. Someone did mention people Code 0ing over the city and the ensuing chaos, so that's something to be considered, but it sounds like a great idea

+1 until you Desync in the air or ur game crashes mid flight and your plane get totaled Killing any passengers in a non rp way then u need an admin to fix The entire situation. Until this kind of situation can be solved, -1 too much of a headache for admins. Would be awesome tho!

Edited by Angel Ceez
  • Like 1

+1 iv'e wanted this for sooooooooo long. Even wrote a previous suggestion, about the whole Aircraft/licensing thing ( looong one, maybe its archived. )
I hope to see things like this in game, especially after the next rage patch, that promises to completely FIX the Syncing problems ( landing gear up for other people, etc. )

Edited by Nick_Smokerson
  • Upvote 1