Bear Baldwin

Highway Gas station for SALE

2 hours ago, Logan_Black said:

5mil

1 hour ago, Chris Bluestone said:

Crazy ! I would love to buy one of them I can offer you 3.5mill if others are not going to 

I appreciate the offers. 
However I turned down a 10 million $ offer yesterday, I realise you didn't know this, but now you do.

• FeelsChromosomeMan 4

How much money are you generating per day and at what fuel price? The store's net income should factor into it's worth.

1 hour ago, ChuckM said:

How much money are you generating per day and at what fuel price? The store's net income should factor into it's worth.

Like I don't know much about this business but how' its work every single gas station income Fuel price is different ? 

7 hours ago, ChuckM said:

Info dump about the property incoming:

The income is definately a factor in it's worth, for sure. The beautiful thing is that it's a way to make more or less passive income while still holding it's value for when you want to unload it, so you tie up a big chunk of money which then makes you money every week. 

The income varies alot however, and I've not experimented with it enough to give a definate answer. I'm selling because I am basically only flying into town every so often to refill my stock and then I leave it alone, and I want it to be in the possession of someone who can give it abit more love. 

If you spend money advertising with a Weazel news blip, you'll more or less sell out within a week in my experience, then you have import costs consisting of 5$/L + trucker fee(I usually pay 10.000$). And then you have to subtract taxes. 

Math is easy enough:

Expenses/20k Liters: (5x20000) + 10000 = 110,000$

Income/20k Liters(at current 10$/L): 200.000$

Profit: 90,000$ - taxes(35%) = 58500$ 

Then it's all up to how fast you sell out, what your price is and your marketing strategy! 

Since I bought the property a little over 3 months ago, I've profited abit more than 1 Million, with no advertising whatsoever except for one week of a weazel blip.

(I know, transparancy in this town?, jeeeez)

Edit: Yea, forgot it was 5$ per liter and not 2 when importing durrr

Edited by Bear Baldwin

So you are generating roughly $100,000 net income every week and if you value the property to over 10 million then that's a 1% or lower cap rate. In simpler terms, it would take over two years to make your money back and pay off the gas station. However, if one is able to sell the gas station quickly, then it's a free $100,000 per week which is great. 

I dont know what a great cap rate is in Los Santos but in my experience it should be around 2-5% depending on location as a gas station in the city limits that generates $X per week will be worth more than a station in the middle of nowhere that generates the same amount. 

Best of luck with your sale, it's a great property. 

Note: I've redefined cap rate as net income per week instead of year as things just move faster in Los Santos then back home. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, ChuckM said:

So you are generating roughly $100,000 net income every week and if you value the property to over 10 million then that's a 1% or lower cap rate. In simpler terms, it would take over two years to make your money back and pay off the gas station. However, if one is able to sell the gas station quickly, then it's a free $100,000 per week which is great. 

I dont know what a great cap rate is in Los Santos but in my experience it should be around 2-5% depending on location as a gas station in the city limits that generates $X per week will be worth more than a station in the middle of nowhere that generates the same amount. 

Note: I've redefined cap rate as net income per week instead of year as things just move faster in Los Santos then back home. 

Spot on, It's an asset which does not deteriorate in value and brings in about 100k$/week with little to no effort.
I know it brought in alot more under the previous owner who was more hands on in his approach to the ownership, so the potential to grow the income is there.

Edited by Bear Baldwin

All fuel stations are the same you pay $5 per litre and the gas station holds 20,000 litres 

Price of fuel 20,000 x5 = 90,000

20,000 x $8 = 160,000 - 90,000 thats 70,000.

20,000 x 10 = 200,000 - What the fuel cost 90,000 it leaves 110,000.

Remember the more you sell the fuel the more profit you get in regarding you to put it high people will go to others that sell it cheaper its known fact.

Good luck on your sale tho and i hoped i helped people out on how it regenerates cash.

1 hour ago, DDevastatedTV said:

All fuel stations are the same you pay $5 per litre and the gas station holds 20,000 litres 

Price of fuel 20,000 x5 = 90,000

20,000 x $8 = 160,000 - 90,000 thats 70,000.

20,000 x 10 = 200,000 - What the fuel cost 90,000 it leaves 110,000.

Remember the more you sell the fuel the more profit you get in regarding you to put it high people will go to others that sell it cheaper its known fact.

Good luck on your sale tho and i hoped i helped people out on how it regenerates cash.

thing is, no ones going to by 8$ fuel when there are stations selling for 7$ int he city more centrally located, and if you're wealth bracket is over 1 million selling fuel at 7$ dollars leaves little no to profit.

Edited by thesilentwrath
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ChuckM said:

That's if he is telling the truth on selling that much fuel per week, also tax brackets heavily reduce this income, selling fuel at 8$ with a tax bracket over over 35% leaves you pennys for profit.

35% of 8 is 2.8, minus the $5 fuel cost you're literally making 20 cents per litre of fuel, and let's be honest if you own a gas station you're going to be in the 35% tax bracket...

So for every 20k(max fuel the station can hold) liters at $8 you sell you're going to make 4k in profit with the 35% tax bracket, and there are gas station in the center of the city and near bank selling fuel for 7$ which will steal a lot of the customers since it's cheaper, that why the 100k a week sounds like lies to me.

Edited by thesilentwrath

15 hours ago, thesilentwrath said:

That's if he is telling the truth on selling that much fuel per week, also tax brackets heavily reduce this income, selling fuel at 8$ with a tax bracket over over 35% leaves you pennys for profit.

35% of 8 is 2.8, minus the $5 fuel cost you're literally making 20 cents per litre of fuel, and let's be honest if you own a gas station you're going to be in the 35% tax bracket...

So for every 20k(max fuel the station can hold) liters at $8 you sell you're going to make 4k in profit with the 35% tax bracket, and there are gas station in the center of the city and near bank selling fuel for 7$ which will steal a lot of the customers since it's cheaper, that why the 100k a week sounds like lies to me.

Theres a pretty hefty mistake in your math there buddy, you can't subtract 35% taxes from the whole sale price since you're only taxed on profit (Assuming you import with the money made before withdrawing). 

So not that your post is in any way relevent to my ad, here's your imaginary case:

8$/L x 20.000 L = 160.000$  Income

5$/L x 20.000 L = 100.000$ Expenses

Profit = 60.000$ - 35% taxes > 60.000 x 0.65 = 39.000$

Correct me if I'm wrong, but taxes are only taken out when you withdraw money from the treasury, which is your revenue, not profit. It's a flawed system but easy to track.

29 minutes ago, ChuckM said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but taxes are only taken out when you withdraw money from the treasury, which is your revenue, not profit. It's a flawed system but easy to track.

(( Don't know why my IC ad is being used for these discussions but yeah you're right, however since you use the same treasury when ordering you don't pay taxes on the money spent directly from the treasury, ergo no it's not the revenue, whatever you withdraw after ordering is profit, and that is taxed. ))

((I dont think that's right. When you withdraw money it's your revenue (profit+your expense on the item), the treasury has no way of differentiating or keeping track of what was pure profit and what was overhead. You could sell everything at cost and you end up with 0 profit but still have money in your treasury. The money you withdraw is revenue and is taxed so you are actually paying taxes on your profit, which is correct, but also your overhead which isn't quite right from an accounting stand point. That's how I understand it atleast))

9 minutes ago, ChuckM said:

((I dont think that's right. When you withdraw money it's your revenue (profit+your expense on the item), the treasury has no way of differentiating or keeping track of what was pure profit and what was overhead. You could sell everything at cost and you end up with 0 profit but still have money in your treasury. The money you withdraw is revenue and is taxed so you are actually paying taxes on your profit, which is correct, but also your overhead which isn't quite right from an accounting stand point. That's how I understand it atleast))

(( This would be true if you withdraw all of the money in the treasury after selling out, which is then automatically taxed and then put it back in to pay for your next delivery. I usually don't do this cause frankly, I'm not that stupid. No taxes are applied to any revenue until it is withdrawn, and therefore if you always keep 100k in the treasury to pay for your next delivery.... Then again I've only got a bachelors in business so what do I know ))