Yputi

Chop shop rework + Mors insurance

Hey,

I think everyone knows the chop shop. It's an illegal place where you can basically let people strip the stolen car you brought for money. When the chop shop was first introduced, there was only 1 standard chop shop location. Since update 2.1.4, this changed:
15f1529ba54b0c4e31b6791e2945df3c.png
There are multiple locations where the chop shop could be and the active location switches every 12 in game hours.

After having this for almost a year now, I think there are some things that could be changed for both the chop shop and Mors Insurance.

Now don't get me wrong, I was happy when this was first added. But after a year, I noticed some things that I would like to see changed. Here is a list of what I think what should change about the chop shop:

• Chop shop should be forced to change location if LSPD found one
    Sometimes the LSPD gets informed about a chop shop. This is similair with a drug lab. The only difference with this and a drug lab is that once its discovered by PD, it stays. Which is weird, considering it's illegal. At drug labs, those get destroyed and over time, you can use them again. I think somethign similair with a chop shop would make a lot of sense and could make it more intresteing:

- If an on-duty member of the LSPD discovers a location, he is able to execture a command to "shutdown" the active chopshop.
    - There will be no chop shop location for 20 minutes to represent the time of the people operating the chop shop moving to a new location.
    - After 20 minutes, a new random location will appear.
    - Chop shops will not automatically move anymore, only when shutdown. 

• It needs to be visible that a vehicle is being "chopped"
    If you arrive on a chop shop location that is active, the only thing you pretty much see is a bunch of vehicles parked. If a person that is making use of the chop shop wants to drive off while in the middle of the process or almost at the end, they can without any issue. I think this is not realistic considering the vehicle is being stripped and destroyed for parts. You also can't simply tell how far a vehicle in the process is if you look at them:

- The vehicle being "chopped" should get visual and performance damage, based on the time left untill fully destroyed.

• Chop shop time based on different factors
    It doesn't matter how many people there are, there is a standard time untill a vehicle is chopped. The same with the type of vehicle you bring; no matter what it is, it's the same amount of time:

- The more people that make use of the chop shop, the longer is takes to chop. This should not be a lot longer, but maybe 1-2 minutes max.
    - Vehicles should not only differ in the amount of money you get from chopping them, but also in actual chop shop time. The more money you can get from it, the longer it takes
    OR
    - Vehicle chop shop time should be based on the type of vehicle. For example:
     * Motorcycles: 6 minutes
     * Compacts: 7 minutes
     * Super cars: 9 minutes
     * Etc.

Now after some comments, I also came with the idea to maybe update how Mors Insurance works:

• The amount that you have to pay to Mors to get a vehicle back, based on how careful you are
    Right now, there are just standard prices you have to pay to get your vehicles out of Mors if it is chopped for example. I think it would make sense that the insurance company will cover less of the costs if your vehicle keeps being chopped. 

- Every time your vehicle got "chopped" and you want to have it back with Mors Insurance, you will have to pay more money to get it back based on the amount of times it is "chopped"/made avalaible by mors past 96 hours.
    - If your vehicle didn't got "chopped"/send to Mors within 96 hours, the insurance company will see you are more careful and they will cover more of your costs. This means that you will have to start paying less again.

Let me know what you think of these idea's, what you think in general, what you should remove from these idea's or even add.
Edited by Yputi
Added Mors Insurance
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

I want a 5% chance that we can tell if someone is chopping a car.

Not sure if that would make sense as the owner would be the only one that can have a GPS placed in it. Also, its already possible that civilians just report it to the police.

5 hours ago, billzachos said:

+1 but i think that prices of vehicles chopped shouls be reformed too.

I would say, depending on what would change exactly, but I do believe the current prices aren't that bad tbh.

16 hours ago, Yputi said:

I would say, depending on what would change exactly, but I do believe the current prices aren't that bad tbh.

They are not too bad but a price increaas would be apriciated. Also more tiers for cars must be created as right now there arebonly 3 tiers for cars being chopped. 3k 5k and 8k

1 minute ago, billzachos said:

They are not too bad but a price increaas would be apriciated. Also more tiers for cars must be created as right now there arebonly 3 tiers for cars being chopped. 3k 5k and 8k

I dont think that is true, I have had $11,500 2 time before. But how would you decide prices for them? Like, how much % of the stock price for example? (ofcourse, not for supers as they dont have a stock price). I personally think like a 2% stock price with a minimum of 2.5K and a max of 15K.

9 minutes ago, billzachos said:

You can't increase the price too much without increasing Mors Insurance fee, otherwise friends could chop each-others cars to generate free money.

2 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

You can't increase the price too much without increasing Mors Insurance fee, otherwise friends could chop each-others cars to generate free money.

This is already a thing, but pretty sure it is considered failRP 😄 I believe the minimum you get from chopshops is.. 2/2.5K ish? And the minimum you have to pay to get vehicles out of mors is around $500 if I am not mistaken. Not to mention you are not able to chop your own car scriptwise and having friends to do it is kind of the same as using expensive vehicles to ram other cars, sno giving value to it.

Edited by Yputi

Just now, Yputi said:

This is already a thing, but pretty sure it is considered failRP 😄 I believe the minimum you get from chopshops is.. 2/2.5K ish? And the minimum you have to pay to get vehicles out of mors is around $500 if I am not mistaken. Not to mention you are not able to chop your own car scriptwise.

It's a thing on some cars, but it does mean that both cars are unavailable for three hours. The point was that if you increase chop money too much, it might make a lot of sense for a lot more people to start doing this. So you would have to increase insurance costs too. 

2 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

It's a thing on some cars, but it does mean that both cars are unavailable for three hours. The point was that if you increase chop money too much, it might make a lot of sense for a lot more people to start doing this. So you would have to increase insurance costs too. 

How about a system where the price you have to pay is based on the amount of times your car is being chopped? So the more it gets chopped, the less the insurance will give you to get it back, so the more you will have to pay? And this will than reset if your vehicles arent beign chopped for the past 48 hours or something.

Edited by Yputi

Just now, Yputi said:

How about a system where the price you have to pay is based on the amount of times your car is being chopped? So the more it gets chopped, the less the insurance will give you to get it back, so the more you will have to pay?

That'd make a lot of sense. Good idea.

• Like 1

Following part added to the suggestion:

On 7/2/2019 at 6:22 PM, Yputi said:

Now after some comments, I also came with the idea to maybe update how Mors Insurance works:

• The amount that you have to pay to Mors to get a vehicle back, based on how careful you are
    Right now, there are just standard prices you have to pay to get your vehicles out of Mors if it is chopped for example. I think it would make sense that the insurance company will cover less of the costs if your vehicle keeps being chopped. 

- Every time your vehicle got "chopped" and you want to have it back with Mors Insurance, you will have to pay more money to get it back based on the amount of times it is "chopped"/made avalaible by mors past 96 hours.
    - If your vehicle didn't got "chopped"/send to Mors within 96 hours, the insurance company will see you are more careful and they will cover more of your costs. This means that you will have to start paying less again.

Thank you all for the ideas!

Edited by Yputi

On 7/2/2019 at 12:27 PM, GOAT said:

I want a 5% chance that we can tell if someone is chopping a car.

Why are people for all of this RNG being added that you cannot interact or interfere with in any way? How about instead of wanting a random chance of being told if your vehicle is being chopped, you pay attention to the vehicles you have out and actively check your GPS or where your vehicle is parked, make BOLOs, call your friends or connections you have to keep an eye out for your car.

Just now, TheCanadian said:

Why are people for all of this RNG being added that you cannot interact or interfere with in any way? How about instead of wanting a random chance of being told if your vehicle is being chopped, you pay attention to the vehicles you have out and actively check your GPS or where your vehicle is parked, make BOLOs, call your friends or connections you have to keep an eye out for your car.

It was more ment like a joke I believe 😄

• Like 1