Riderz

Archive Please

+1, yeah most people rather go out fighting then getting a long ass prison sentence, especially if you're part of a criminal gang/have a background of being a criminal, it should be a perk only if you're in a official gang and an actual criminal it should not apply to civilians.

Another thing they could also do is, be more lenient with death RPS, like if you're not wanted and don't have a shit ton of outstanding charges they should grand Death RP more often. but if you're already wanted and have a lot of pending felonys then 100% deny death rp since if you die you'd still be wanted and have the charges pending.

Edited by gohena

+1 to this in some aspects. 

Don't agree with KoS, never have. But if you're being "detained" it should allow your allies to engage in rp and potentially open fire on the cops. As of current you have to be "under arrest" Even though 90% of the time detained leads to arrested. 

Let's put this into a real life scenario: A cartel boss is being chased by cops, the cops then surround him at gun point. Irl the cartels men would kill these cops without hesitation. On the server pd are protected by the rule "law enforcement aiming guns doesnt grant threat to life" if you ask me serving a "life sentence" is pretty life threatening. 

There have been a lot of anti-criminal rp moves recently, it would be nice to see a little bit of balance brought back in. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 3

Gangs logic:

Hiding behind masks all the time *check*
No fear for your life *check*
Not even trying to operate secretly *check*
Getting pulled for failure to yield and then evading and ending it with a shoot out 99% *check*
Driving trough mountains and cliffs with no sense of real life drive *check*
Begging for death rp all the time and getting salty for denying it *check*
Radios being overpowered since irl it only works short distance 

Hur we need to get permission to KOS police on spot since it's not enough of robbers vs cops logic in server yet.  

Edited by Balastas

5 minutes ago, Balastas said:

Gangs logic:

Hiding behind masks all the time *check*
No fear for your life *check*
Not even trying to operate secretly *check*
Getting pulled for failure to yield and then evading and ending it with a shoot out 99% *check*
Driving trough mountains and cliffs with no sense of real life drive *check*
Begging for death rp all the time and getting salty for denying it *check*
Radios being overpowered since irl it only works short distance 

Hur we need to get permission to KOS police on spot since it's not enough of robbers vs cops logic in server yet.  

Cops *See's guy in Blue Clothes* *Check* 

Cops Calls Code 1 Tac 1 *Check* 

Cops Switches to Teamspeak channel in which only they are enabled to do so *Check* 

Cops Pull Heavy Sniper with .50 Cal Round banned on soft targets as it's considered a War Crime *Check* 

Cops Press Panic Alarm while down *Check*

Cops Opens Fire on Vehicle for not stopping killing anyone with same color *Check*  

If you want RP consequences for criminals, there is a cost for PD as well in the IRL sense.

Edited by Tezhl
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tezhl said:

Cops *See's guy in Blue Clothes* *Check* 

Cops Calls Code 1 Tac 1 *Check* 

Cops Switches to Teamspeak channel in which only they are enabled to do so *Check* 

Cops Pull Heavy Sniper with .50 Cal Round banned on soft targets as it's considered a War Crime *Check* 

Cops Press Panic Alarm while down *Check*

Cops Opens Fire on Vehicle for not stopping killing anyone with same color *Check*  

If you want RP consequences for criminals, there is a cost for PD as well in the IRL sense.

First of all never saw PD pulling people for no reason, if you wearing pure blue and so on representing your gang it's real reason to pull you over even if PD don't do that
second thing police officers irl has radios that works everywhere since they ain't ordinary walkie talkies
third thing irl has a dispach where if police officer responds to a call they will make sure you're alright and will call you a back up if needed while in here PD only have panic alarm to do so.
and have never seen PD opening fire for no reason unless they are armed and dangerous.

That is what is wrong with RP quality in here, PD has most regulated rules and protocols (that's why interceptors was forbidden for most people, PD gets suspensions for driving reckless while in pursuits and so on) that they need to follow while most criminals have no sense of anything and I stand by my words.

Edited by Balastas
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Balastas said:

First of all never saw PD pulling people for no reason, if you wearing pure blue and so on representing your gang it's real reason to pull you over even if PD don't do that
second thing police officers irl has radios that works everywhere since they ain't ordinary walkie talkies
third thing irl has a dispach where if police officer responds to a call they will make sure you're alright and will call you a back up if needed while in here PD only have panic alarm to do so.
and have never seen PD opening fire for no reason unless they are armed and dangerous.

That is what is wrong with RP quality in here, PD has most regulated rules and protocols (that's why interceptors was forbidden for most people, PD gets suspensions for driving reckless while in pursuits and so on) that they need to follow while most criminals have no sense of anything and I stand by my words.

That being said in a IRL setting; you can't per US law be pulled over without being marked as an official member of a criminal syndicate. The rules apply for them open firing is if they evade that is grounds to open fire as you did not comply. PD should be fairly regulated as IRL they would be watched by the Executive Branch, Judicial and Senate. On this server, they decide the evidence, select the charges and sentence you. = Judge, Jury and Executioner 

Edited by Tezhl

I don't understand the "Radios anywhere OP" statement. We're in the City of Los Santos. We're not talking about an entire state, have you ever used a decent quality portable radio? I patrol an entire county and have never had an issue with the small portable radio on my hip. There are very few spots where I have to rely on my in car radio. If the criminal gangs buy the same radios the PD has on their hip, that statement is invalid. 

I don't agree with removing the rule completely because I think people will twist it as a reason just to kill cops.
However, I do think there needs to be some leeway for exceptional circumstances

Exceptional Circumstances to me would be for example if you were aware you were going to prison for like 8-10 hours, I think you have role-play reason then to do everything in your power to try and resist that, especially if you are in a faction that has the means to do so. 

Killing someone because you don't wanna go to prison for a couple hours or get your vehicle impounded wouldn't wash with me though i'm afraid.

• Like 1

-1 Are we forgetting something? This is an RP server... you don't have to KOS me.... if you have a big grudge on a cop or somone for putting you in prison, you can hold that grudge... take a gun, get them on their knees, then ask for OOC permission to kill them or torture them.... they are already being robbed, I would allow it... and I know quite a few members of legal factions that would as well. KOS is just an excuse to get OOC revenge because somebody made you do something you dont like.... almost any RP is allowed if it agreed upon by the parties involved... find me out in the wild and get me on my knees? Know I did something to wrong you, talk about it, make my character beg for his life... humiliate him, then make him dig his own grave and oocly tell me and ill agree... and finish the job... ROLE PLAY people... this needs to be the focus... 

10 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

If life (permanent) sentences are implemented for cop killers, and you shot at cops before, I could see you making an argument of having nothing to lose. However in the current state, this is not needed.

I would agree with that if the Cop is force CK'd and faction kicked having to start another life. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.