SA Brian Jennings

Immigration Island ( Introduction of Quiz Team as Immigration Officers )

With the massive backup of quizzes, we should consider having an Ellis Island type roleplay instead of having the 2nd part of the quiz which is ultimately graded by staff. Players are still required to complete the first written portion of the quiz but after would be required to show compliance with both OOC and IC rules. It also gives the quiz team the ability to mentor new players before they become members of our general community.

Quiz team members would be given slight administrative power in this area where they're able to kick/ban any rule breakers within the facility to stop it from becoming a PUBG lobby of sort.

New players would have to give a realistic backstory, complete several commands ( /license ID, /stats, /o, /b, /me, etc. ), interact with other new players and also be evaluated on their overall gameplay before being allowed into Los Santos.

Quiz takers are already connected to the server during their test, why not give them that little interactive experience to prove they can survive and be productive members of our community, instead of taking months to approve them when they've either found a new server or lost interest entirely.

Edited by SA Brian Jennings
  • Upvote 1

Just now, dawpi said:

Great idea, question is.. would it take even longer to approve/deny applications? There is a back log of a month and something already?

The players would have to be in-game in order to be evaluated. Just like in real life, a checklist has to be completed for each person prior to them being released. The amount the work they put into showcasing they're ready for Los Santos is entirely up to that individual.

Just now, SA Brian Jennings said:

The players would have to be in-game in order to be evaluated. Just like in real life, a checklist has to be completed for each person prior to them being released. The amount the work they put into showcasing they're ready for Los Santos is entirely up to that individual.

Makes sense but what if no Quiz team or whatever are on-line at the time? It may be rare but it could happen, you never know.

Also if you look at "Immigration Facilities" inside America, you'll see how close they resemble a prison like facility: https://www.google.com/search?q=immigration+facilities&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJnPDn_5PiAhUSOK0KHQh-DAkQ_AUIDygC&biw=1278&bih=982

We are getting a new prison soon, re-purposing the old prison and modifying a few of its features could be an option. 

• Like 1

Just now, dawpi said:

Makes sense but what if no Quiz team or whatever are on-line at the time? It may be rare but it could happen, you never know.

To me, this isn't a bad thing. This gives them the opportunity to interact and form bonds with other new players thus, giving them RP experience. /report will still be active, and new players can always use the standard forum report could still police the dimension when no immigration staff is present.

It's also not like we're going just to put them in one room either. They'll have multiple settings to RP just like those in prison do now. I would much instead give potential citizens the facade of being apart of the game rather than wait for someone to review their writing ability

Edited by SA Brian Jennings

+1 

I do really like this idea, especially since it offers a little tutorial type safe haven for new players to interact with others before being tossed out into the world on their own. 

Far too commonly do we have new players who are actually really good roleplayers lose interest due to lack of social interaction opportunities. This would definitely help build early relationships and remove the "timid/shy factor" of being new while also ensuring new players grasp the basics in the actual game and not just on paper. 

It'll probably slow down the entry progress but I really think it could help increase new player retention as well as improve initial experience and skill of new players.

-1. Idealistically, this is a fantastic idea. However, there is no way at all that a staff team of 40-50 will be able to be actively accepting RP quizzes and being active in-game on this new island while also playing themselves on the main server. It's just not possible. The backlog will get bigger and uncontrollable.

It's a nice idea, and would be great, but I don't believe we have the resources to cater for it.

Edited by MrSilky
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, MrSilky said:

-1. Idealistically, this is a fantastic idea. However, there is no way at all that a staff team of 40-50 will be able to be actively accepting RP quizzes and being active in-game on this new island while also playing themselves on the main server. It's just not possible. The backlog will get bigger and uncontrollable.

It's a nice idea, and would be great, but I don't believe we have the resources to cater for it.

It's a great point about manpower and resources, especially with the large amounts of applications.

Perhaps it could be two pronged like the firearms license currently. You can do the application in person if the proper officials are around or you can submit a written application if they're not.

I mainly like the idea in general since new players awaiting approval wouldn't be so alienated and could actually converse with other people since the wait time is quite long currently. 

2 hours ago, MrSilky said:

There would not be any graded test so there would be no OOC work load for quiz team. They would have to take a 2nd faction or create an alt. Immigration guards would need to complete a checklist with every new player in the "island" prior to their release.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.