agentxyz2

How Would you feel if...?

1 hour ago, KurtLaser said:

KOS doesn't exist anymore. The new rules dictate that you MUST engage in roleplay before killing anybody. The Scamming one I agree would need to be updated.

All im asking for is examples so others can contribute. I understand what you all mean when you say theres official rules being enforced that aren't in the the official rule guide - All I am asking is if you can give me specifics of those rules.

You just gave me an example. Check the official rules PDF, there's nothing about KOS not existing. I've also just given you the example about NCZ scamming also. Only thing the rule book says is "crimes are not allowed in an NCZ" but this isn't valid because some crimes are: such as scamming. 

13 hours ago, DaleGribble said:

You just gave me an example. Check the official rules PDF, there's nothing about KOS not existing. I've also just given you the example about NCZ scamming also. Only thing the rule book says is "crimes are not allowed in an NCZ" but this isn't valid because some crimes are: such as scamming. 

The Official 2019 rules no longer contain anything to do with KoS. This means KoS no longer exists, it isn't a thing. KoS was a rule used to circumvent the DM rule, you could kill a player who robbed you for example, without any engagement because it was specifically stated you could do this in certain situations (If it wasn't stated, youd get a DM punishment). But this rule is now removed, so it no longer states you can just kill someone on sight with no RP.

The rule is simple now, if you kill somebody without a proper roleplay reason, its Deathmatch. Theres no situation detailed for KoS anymore, therefore you need to actively partake in roleplay with your victim before you would be able to find a valid reason to kill them, irrespective if they robbed you 30 minutes prior (The old ruleset dictated you could straight up kill this person without RP).

If what youre saying is the new ruleset now needs to say "Kill on Sight no longer exists" then that isn't needed. Simple common sense prevails. Old players should know that as the rule is no longer there, its no longer something you can do, and New players wont have ever seen it, so to them "KoS' never existed.

If scamming is currently allowed in NCZ, then this is something that needs to be addressed and I agree with you, scamming is a crime so 2 + 2 dictates you wouldn't commit it in a No Crime Zone. So yes this would need clarity and updating if scamming is allowed in NCZ's. Do you have any other examples though besides Scamming in a NCZ? I agree with that one, and maybe ill be able to agree and discuss with any others you can bring to the table..

Edited by KurtLaser

14 hours ago, DaleGribble said:

There is. Under 14. Deathmatch (DM)

The act of killing a player with no engagement in roleplay is not allowed.

Scamming in a no crime zone is allowed, and that is why it is not found in the server rules.

3 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

Scamming in a no crime zone is allowed, and that is why it is not found in the server rules.

But it is covered in the rules

"A no crime zone is an area where players may not commit any actions considered crimes."

A scam is a crime and thus by the rules it shouldn't be happening

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Loafism said:

"A no crime zone is an area where players may not commit any actions considered crimes."

This is the angle im coming from and I agree.

KoS was defined so that if you were in that situation, you wouldn't get a DM punishment as the act was validated. Now the rule is gone you cant do it.

Scamming should be defined under NCZ so that if you were in that situation, you wouldn't get a NCZ punishment as the act was validated. When the rule is gone you cant do it.

1 hour ago, Loafism said:

they've already stated that you can scam in NCZ now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.