Salvador Rivera

Admins and their wrong decisions

I'm going to talk here about guys who take care of this server protect us from people who breaking the rules .

Sometime and thats happening with me almost every single time when I have some kind a deal with admins about some weird  situations .

But thanks these guys who answer every time on my question about the server 'Big Respect them 

Also something like that happen with me yesterday twice I don't understand them and they don't me . 

That's because we are from two different worlds .

Yea I have a lot of warnings also  was banned for 48 hours long time ago because someone made wrong decisions , what I think .

So what I want to say than admins sometime give you wrong punishment about the situation by not even checking out all evidence carefully and don't check all this situations from BOTH sides 

You are that one who carry all responsibility to not make any mistake by giving someone wrong punish 

Also when I was asking why I got that warning , the admin didn't answer me he JUST GIVE ME A BIG IGNOR 48h passed already and not get answer about it 

But he is online every day also in Discord and he read what I asked him . And that's how you guys take care of your job what you need to do ?

Why I'm say this is because of your job I already lose 17 Latvian People who play in this server .

Good friends who love this server , who enjoy it , who make some fun , and who really love to play Roleplay 

But they will not COME back ,  because of these reasons than Admins don't care about what he say , don't check carefully all reports , don't spend time by doing job what them need to be do .

I Don't say I'm perfect person but I'm try to be at least , but when I say something or do something to help someone I get punished for that .

Than where is logic ? I better stay away and not helping people to get out of they problems ?

I support this server by donations , because I love it .

I only join this server and give him a try is because I saw than the admins who is charge is from my old hood NGG '' Lewis , Osborn , ''°and others who are not that high but still nice guys and best luck to get till the top . I hope one day I will see than there will be over 500 people by playing this server in the same time .

But we will not get there if you guys will not change something . What I'm try to say is  than the biggest problem have this  ''attitude'' someone have .

Also thats the reason why my attitude change in situation when you guys make wrong decisions . 

And the biggest problem why new people leave this server after they pass 1.000 xp is than no one don't care about them .

What I think than our staff team is spending to much time on they RP situations not better accepting all these /report requests .

They only do that when they are done with his RP situation and than he have a time to help someone .

Like I asked couple of guys '' New Players '' what do you think about the server and if you enjoy it ? 

You know what they answer me '' is there any admin on here ? '' I was why ? '' They were waiting like 1-2 h till someone accept they Help Request .

I also got the same situation over times . 

All what I want to say before you make some decisions think twice and from the both side if they really did something wrong . 

I really would love to see in this server more than 500 people by playing and having fun for now they are leaving server every day .

And a lot of us are loosing good friends and people who really want to make RP here ! 

I really don't think than you should be in admin position if you are under 20 as we know all these kids and how they think , its hard . 

Admin position should be lika a job not everyone can do it and its not for everyone . 

I'm Almost 25 and still love to play games i'ts fun but when there is kid in front of me who can't make right decisions than my head blow's up .

Kids are playing here and making fun not giving charges 

Sorry my ENG is not perfect so if there is some kind a mistake or grammar just let it be there . 

Edited by Chris Bluestone

First of all I would like to say that I personally have been administrator and admin on many communities in my past and I know what burden the position is. I also understand that you often have to make unpopular decisions that will not go well, like that recent massive report against Irish Mob, where around 10+ people were punished.

Now to the discussion of this topic - I do agree that sometimes the administration does not make the right decision due to a simple fact that in does not quite make sense if you consider the whole situation as it is. I do understand that there are rules, but there will never be rules tailored to every single situation, the rules are guidelines and to see how to apply the rule to the situation is upon the admin, that's why the admin is there. But I have rarely seen that admin would apply the rule individually to the individual situation. The most common thing you see is like mass production of a punishment, what I mean by "mass production" is that you look at the situation, tick some checkmarks and if you get at least 2 out of 3 checkmarks, then you issue the punishment, when in reality if you would consider the whole situation for real, then a different punishment, maybe just a warning, would be more appropriate.

In no way Im saying that admins are doing bad job, because these cases are really case to case and most often they are pure rule breaking cases, but Im talking to individual cases where the situation was not so plain and straight forward that still did not get that whole situation consideration and was issued a punishment for hitting the chekmarks of a rule break.

• Like 2

TL:DR?

Big respect to the admins, always answer my questions.

To..

Admins don't answer questions or help and loads of them are kids.

Your issue is that humans sometimes make mistakes? Would I be correct, because yea they do make mistakes, or make decisions that not everybody will agree with. I don't see the substance, I see a lot of statements but without much to back them up. Are you saying your Latvian friends left because they were waiting 1 - 2 hours for a report? Why shouldn't you be in an admin position under 20, I find this is to do with maturity. What do you mean by people not caring about new players? Theres rules set up to protect them. What do you mean by admins don't review reports correctly, do you know how they check evidence? Because I don't.

You've made a lot of broad statements but with no material to reference why your making the statement which makes it hard to understand where youre coming from.

Edited by KurtLaser

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the reason you keep getting warnings is because you keep doing the wrong thing, or at the very least are skating the line of right and wrong to the point that most people would not be able to tell the difference. 

In game admins are there for in game situations that require immediate attention, if new players come to the server and /report for a simple question that they could ask on the forums or on discord then of course its gonna take a while for an admin to respond in game cause they have better things to be dealing with. 

Finally most people dont leave the server because of the admins the leave because once they lose their new player tag they just get robbed constantly in non rp situations, filling up with gas - get robbed, fishing off the pier - get robbed. And dont even think about doing any drug running or chopping cars cause you will definitely get rolled up on by 6 people to rob one guy. 

Edited by DiCarlo
  • Upvote 1

1. Yes they leave because when they they are not NewPlayer anymore everyone start thinking about to rob them .  Last time when I got rob was 2-3 weeks ago so its depend how you play .

2. Non-RP situations I can see all the time in almost every single robbery . One of the reason why they leave because they rob them with out any reason ? Because they have a gun ? 

Its not a reason to rob a people than I have a question where is your Fear RP ?

3. Fishing off the pier - Thank you the Admins they fix this thing . So you are able to find really good place to fish and its perfect now . So this would not be the reason why people leave it but yea °need to be carefully and watch out when you sell them . !!!!!

4. Like every single Player who join in server he think he can go and do Drug Runs and be one of the coc dealers in town but no. 

Every single Lab is down by one of the gangs and its should be like that . Where can you see IRL than some kid is running around the labs by making they own drugs ?

If we look on that from this side .

For last days I been checking out labs and see every time than there is someone who is new in server and doing drugs , its kind a okey for him but he should know than its kind a illegal and can get robbed or killd .

What I'm saying to every single guy who join just a server than the Lab-Drug runs is not the best way how to start this server , before try other job and get know how this server works and than only start something like that .

Also the gangs is not the best for new players because they destroy him . Show him the wrong side of  way how to make Roleplay .

There is a lot of reason why people leaving this server . But if we talk why they really leave than these ones are one of the top 

53 minutes ago, Chris Bluestone said:

1. Yes they leave because when they they are not NewPlayer anymore everyone start thinking about to rob them .  Last time when I got rob was 2-3 weeks ago so its depend how you play .

2. Non-RP situations I can see all the time in almost every single robbery . One of the reason why they leave because they rob them with out any reason ? Because they have a gun ? 

Its not a reason to rob a people than I have a question where is your Fear RP ?

3. Fishing off the pier - Thank you the Admins they fix this thing . So you are able to find really good place to fish and its perfect now . So this would not be the reason why people leave it but yea °need to be carefully and watch out when you sell them . !!!!!

4. Like every single Player who join in server he think he can go and do Drug Runs and be one of the coc dealers in town but no. 

Every single Lab is down by one of the gangs and its should be like that . Where can you see IRL than some kid is running around the labs by making they own drugs ?

If we look on that from this side .

For last days I been checking out labs and see every time than there is someone who is new in server and doing drugs , its kind a okey for him but he should know than its kind a illegal and can get robbed or killd .

What I'm saying to every single guy who join just a server than the Lab-Drug runs is not the best way how to start this server , before try other job and get know how this server works and than only start something like that .

Also the gangs is not the best for new players because they destroy him . Show him the wrong side of  way how to make Roleplay .

There is a lot of reason why people leaving this server . But if we talk why they really leave than these ones are one of the top 

ICly its up to the player to be smart.

When I first arrived in the city, I would get robbed all the time. But I wouldn't get robbed for anything because id hide my vehicle/items. This meant that if I did get robbed (I could talk myself out of this at the pier most occasions RPly), they wouldn't get anything, maybe a few fish, and they would move on. RPing is the details, living the life of your character, if you know youre going to get robbed a lot before you get contacts in the city, then put yourself in a position where you aren't going to lose much.

I eventually met up with one of the major gangs in the city, who invited me to run with them. But this was all progression, my characters story building due to the time spent/actions taken/relationships built in the city. Do I ride around with a lot more to risk now? Ofcourse, but its due to saving money when I was new, and now having the security of a family so I can spend the money that I kept safe. If people keep leaving the server because "Getting robbed all the time and losing all my stuff", in my eyes they aren't here for roleplay, because if they were theyd realise that this was an IC scenario to continue on from, go to the police, try find people to help you. Quitting the server would be the last thing on my mind.

Edit: I also don't understand what you mean when you say "The wrong side of roleplay". The only way you can roleplay wrong is if youre breaking server rules, and if youre insinuating that gangs bring new players in and just show them things that are breaking rules then you need to make reports about this. Roleplay is roleplay, if I wanted to play a ruthless gang banger who has no feelings of remorse and just wants to rob everybody I see, I can. Yea it sucks as a character but that's how it is. If I wanted to play a priest who stands around bank trying to convert people to my religion, I can. Roleplay is literally whatever you make it, theres no wrong way to roleplay besides rule breaking because its a character youre creating, its literally your imagination at play.

Edited by KurtLaser

I also think Admins take IC relations to OOC as well. They will always take their gang or friends side instead of being in the fair middle and give the right punishment. For reports mods/admins taking care of the report should have no relation at all with the player being reported or even the player reported.
Example ; A Zetas member being reported or creating a report. Should not be taking care by a MOD/Admin that has any relation with Zetas at all to be safe on both parties.

16 minutes ago, Jayyqc said:

I also think Admins take IC relations to OOC as well. They will always take their gang or friends side instead of being in the fair middle and give the right punishment. For reports mods/admins taking care of the report should have no relation at all with the player being reported or even the player reported.
Example ; A Zetas member being reported or creating a report. Should not be taking care by a MOD/Admin that has any relation with Zetas at all to be safe on both parties.

Been in the same situation . 

Yea that's how it is . Like I got in situation where I did everything right and there was no Rule Breaking but still admin think I did something wrong . 

But thats not mean anything if you think something . If you don't know the true or don't want to listen just like someone than how can you give the right punishment ? 

If you can explain this situation in a lot of way's than its will be hard to put right Decision . 

How can you say than he is guilty before proving it ? 

38 minutes ago, Chris Bluestone said:

Yea that's how it is . Like I got in situation where I did everything right and there was no Rule Breaking but still admin think I did something wrong . 

But thats not mean anything if you think something . If you don't know the true or don't want to listen just like someone than how can you give the right punishment ? 

If you can explain this situation in a lot of way's than its will be hard to put right Decision . 

They take the side of their friend or crew first. No matter what it is unless its really clear that rule was broken they ask their friend to appologize and admit mistake on forum post and get out without any warning or punishment but if its someone else still gets punishment no matter what even if he was far from breaking a rule

2 hours ago, Jayyqc said:

1 hour ago, Chris Bluestone said:

Both of these statements are already accounted for in the current system the server and the forum report system has. When it comes to tricky situations you will often see something like "After consulting with other staff members" from mods/admins handling the report. This is to ensure no personal bias and to get multiple points of view on the same situation in order to give the most fair conclusion to a report.

If that did not work in your opinion and you have been unjustly punished, you can always appeal where a Senior+ will give their final verdict on the initial report and their take on whether a punishment issued was just or not, and proceed to approve/deny your appeal.

Are there punishments that i personally disagree with? sure; Is it because of personal bias? probably; Do i think that the whole system should be changed because of it? no. The system in place currently seems to work really well and give the most just verdicts to appeals and reports in my experience.

Edited by TheCanadian
  • Upvote 1

I've only been here for a month so my experience may be limited. But from what I've seen members of staff make an effort to help and be courteous at all times. Every time I've had an issue in-game and used /report I've gotten someone who is nice and ready to help clarify or fix any issues I have. Likewise, on the forums when I've reported someone or I have been reported staff members have taken time to look into the situation and give a verdict catering to each situation while always keeping the rules in mind, so they don't create an unwanted precedent. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience and hopefully talking about these issues can help solve some of the problems you feel are present in the community. Sometimes as players we have to understand that admins won't always be available or won't always reach a verdict that satisfies you, this can be due to a difference of opinion, understanding of the rules and/or the situation. There are always going to be very niche situations where who broke what rule is black and white and this can obviously lead to situations where a player feels like he has been unfairly treated by the staff team, these are what appeals are for, if it's the case that even the person reviewing the appeal agrees with the admin then there isn't much else to do than to take it in the chin and improve your actions based on the verdict.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.