Quas12

Donator application.

Make a donator application which would be  preoritized. I bet it would bring extra income to grow server and also increase population of people that would be willing to donate. 

The point of it is faster application review only, no other benefits.

Plus may be something like 1 time donation would give extra bonus...

Edited by Quas12

3 hours ago, ThePro said:

Where are we getting? "Pay to play" And the ones that have no money have to wait forever? Nah. I don't like this idea. -1

well, the point of it is quite simple people that work and want to experience Eclipse RP probably wouldn't mind spending 5-25$, while there are also people that have a lot of free time. In any case, everyone would have to wait forever without a possible option to increase the review of the application. I am waiting for 4 weak and I don't mind to donate a few coins to get started.

17 minutes ago, Quas12 said:

well, the point of it is quite simple people that work and want to experience Eclipse RP probably wouldn't mind spending 5-25$, while there are also people that have a lot of free time. In any case, everyone would have to wait forever without a possible option to increase the review of the application. I am waiting for 4 weak and I don't mind to donate a few coins to get started.

It's stupid that someone should pay for it, they should instead hire more people into the quiz team so everyone gets their application reviewed in under 24 hours.

Donations are ment to support the server. Paying to get in quicker doesn't support the server in any way or form. And they don't even know what they pay for. They never wanted people who pay IRL money have benefits above others. Yes, you can buy credit vehicles. Yes, you can buy VIP, but that doesn't make the person be above the people who don't. It's an open server for a community. The server is looking for people who want to RP, not spend their money to get in faster and let others wait even longer. This won't make the process go faster in general, just for the people who have the option to spend the extra money which is just dumb imo. Be happy they took their time to create a quiz team. be happy they carefully review the apps. That way, it doesn't end up like 9-10 months ago where it became a total mess where quiz answers were getting streamed.
It's just a wave of people now anyway, after a while only people who are really into it and actively play stay. 

Edited by Yputi

52 minutes ago, Quas12 said:

I don't think we should base the process of getting reviewed on someone's options. Some can't just spend money on that. Why would you let someone in faster if they have a job?! That is basically what I am seeing in this comment.

" everyone would have to wait forever without a possible option to increase the review of the application"
So, how does this speed up the process? Again, the order of being reviewed just changes, not the speed in general.

Imo: First comes, first serves. Its free, be patient.

• Upvote 1

Hey, as a lot of people has voiced their opinions I decided that I'll voice mine, from an inside point of view on the things, as I am doing applications as well.

That would make no sense, as we want everyone in the server to have equal rights upon joining. If you looked over the perks that the V.I.P., for example, gives you'll find out that none of them give you a pay-to-win advantage over other players and we'll most likely keep it this way

26 minutes ago, Yputi said:

Donations are ment to support the server. Paying to get in quicker doesn't support the server in any way or form.

That is something which is said really well.

On that topic, if a lot of people start paying to get in they'll either put each other in the same queue or make it even worse for free players.

Which is something that won't have a really good impact on the community itself.

59 minutes ago, ThePro said:

they should instead hire more people into the quiz team so everyone gets their application reviewed in under 24 hours.

Don't get us wrong, we don't want to keep people from playing as well, we are doing our best and by saying that I mean it. 

The issue which is keeping us from doing anything at the moment is the fact that the server is having issues and we can't do much about the applications without a server, quite logical. 

After what I said I do believe that this isn't a really good idea so I'll be giving a -1  because of those simple facts.

I hope you realize that what I said is just my opinion.

I wish you a great day/night and sorry for the caused inconvenience with the applications and server

This can be a good idea if donator's application has a really high entry point. For example if you donate 200-500$ you can jump straight on top of the queue. This greatly reduces the number of people who is in the VIP queue. 

Who thinks this is a bad idea just ask yourself: "Am I willing to pay 500 bucks just to be reviewed faster even though I got a 50% chance of getting denied?"

Pay to play just doesn’t work. 

Donate to the server because you’re having a great time, not because you think you can bypass the rules and the queue. 

I’d love to not have to wait to get in at the minute but that hasn’t stopped me engaging with the community. 

Everyone should be treated equal and have to wait the same amount of time. 

16 hours ago, ThePro said:

Where are we getting? "Pay to play" And the ones that have no money have to wait forever? Nah. I don't like this idea. -1

So the point is simple, right now application review is super randomized. I have been waiting for 1 month and 1 weak and I still got no info. While at the same time a friend of mine that applied a few weeks later managed to get in faster than I did. How is that fair?

1 hour ago, Dimitri Sokolov said:

I can already see the thread: "I want my money back or I'll sue the server" 

Well, the same thing I have seen on different servers. I bet it works quite well. I'm, not advertising but no pixel has the same thing. I am not fun on 30 men lobby. I haven't seen a single post about trying to sue a server. As long as everything would be mentioned I personally don't see any -

2 hours ago, Quas12 said:

So the point is simple, right now application review is super randomized. I have been waiting for 1 month and 1 weak and I still got no info. While at the same time a friend of mine that applied a few weeks later managed to get in faster than I did. How is that fair?

As I said before. They should hire more people into the quiz team so every application that gets sent is answered in under 24 hours. I don't know why don't they recruit more people if they can't keep up. It makes no sense.

1 hour ago, ProblyStoned said:

Exactly. With the donation and a failed app, it's like the server gets free money. It could even mention that all donations are non-refundable and that it all goes to support the server, regardless if they make it or not.

Exactly, that was my point! 

On 4/21/2019 at 2:35 PM, Trac3rZ said:

This can be a good idea if donator's application has a really high entry point. For example if you donate 200-500$ you can jump straight on top of the queue. This greatly reduces the number of people who is in the VIP queue. 

Who thinks this is a bad idea just ask yourself: "Am I willing to pay 500 bucks just to be reviewed faster even though I got a 50% chance of getting denied?"

500$ sounds like overkill I think something that starts with 5$ and transit toward coins or VIP 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.