Cyrus Raven

LSPD RP Overhaul + Standard of RP

4 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

Firstly I like the basic legal system setup you've outlined. I think that this system would give players a recourse if they believe they have been wrongfully accused (or if they just want to try their luck I guess), but further from that, I think it would increase RP standards. Having longer prison sentences where you spend a portion of that time getting a lawyer, talking to him, maybe going to court seems like something that would take time (In a good way). For me personally, it's all about those interactions that spiral into an RP story. 

As for the other point with regards to how criminals and cops act, I must admit, I came off way too hard at the start of this thread, most likely because I was upset at the situations I had found myself in at the time. Having said this, I don't think I was wrong in voicing my opinion, but I think I ended up making a few statements that came off as me trying to portray the entire police force based on a handful of personal experiences. 

However, as it stands right now, having had time to gauge the community by browsing the forums, player reports, etc... and by having more hands-on time in the server, I think it comes down to an overall community problem, not just PD. Hopefully that is something we can fix,

Plus one on that, I wouldn't solely point out the PD's mistakes or flaws without looking at Gangs / General community issues. The amount of gang members or randoms that hop in and break scenes is super frustrating too, generally the RP on both sides could be improved. Also when these streamers are done playing, the people who only played because streamers did will leave and we should just hopefully see a better quality of players remaining, but not going to bet anything on it. 

I'd like to make a post on a court or legal system, but it seems like they all get shot down. However I feel like I, or with the help of others, can make a good post that outlines any issues and how to tackle them that may come up with it 😕

• Like 1

I'd venture a guess that they standard of roleplay in the PD is higher than the standard amongst criminals.
Anyone can be a criminal but for example, cops have to go through quite a long process learning the ropes before they are even allowed to patrol alone.

There are of course exceptions but nearly always, the police are acting correctly and appropriately. We do not arrest people with reasonable doubt on their innocence.
Our job isn't to ruin people's game, it's to present a challenge to the criminals. Frankly, without us, there would be very little conflict in the server.

Lawyer Roleplay is a good idea in theory but in reality, it would be a horror show. You can request a lawyer in game if you are being questioned but if you have been caught red-headed, you don't get a lawyer. That's just a practical sacrifice that the server makes. 

If you wanted to do Lawyer Roleplay, prison times would have to be increased (no more 2hr max), it's likely that the violent crimes would deny people bail until their court date so you'd be locked up regardless and you'd only be released if your innocence was proven. Does that sound fun to you? There is more impact and room for abuse/malpractice doing that than the process we have now, let me tell you.

• Like 1

SUGGESTION DENIED

Thank you for your patience while this suggestion was being reviewed/researched.

After reviewing/researching this suggestion, we have decided to deny it for the following reason(s): 

• The Judicial Branch has been implemented to contrast the mentioned issues.

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, do not post another suggestion pertaining to this topic. You will still be able to submit other suggestions on the forums.

Regards,
TheCactus