KeistuoliZ

Crashed and car stolen

We all know that it really annoys when you crash and your car gets stolen, then you need to report to staff, but not always you get response and rip for your car. Now there is alot of new players so it will happen even more.

So I came up with idea :

• You get a crash while driving a car, car gets frozen immediately for lets say 5 minutes, you can't bobby pin it or drive it as long as driver who crashed comes back. Maybe there could be text appeared on top of the car that player timed out.
  • It would help for staff aswell, would be less job.

Let me know your opinion in comments.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Mandude said:

-1 It's unfortunate that your car is vulnerable, but still it breaks the roleplay aspect to have a car with an invisible Iron Curtain all around it and a giant lightning text box. It's supposed to be a serious roleplaying experience

It also breaks roleplay to have somebody be beamed up to the mothership and steal their car while they're indisposed.

Rules already say a player should have the same advantages they had in the event of a crash, I'd say stealing somebody's car while they're gone breaks that rule.  This issue is already covered by the existing rules in my opinion, the problem lies in situations where you're alone and somebody happens across your car.  There's no way for them to know you're trying to get back in or if the vehicle is truly abandoned.

As I see it the car is basicly free real estate, If you were to park your car in the road side IRL and go 1 km away to look at some nature doodoo, and someone then happened by to steal your car that'd essentially be the same, eh? You werw away for sometime and came back to no car, sucks but thats just the reality you'll have to live with.
I know its unfortunate and annoying to crash, but the whole concept here doesn't revolve around your character alone, this a big community where all of us are essentially NPCs. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Mandude said:

and someone then happened by to steal your car that'd essentially be the same, eh? 

No, no it isnt. This is an OOC issue. The equivalent to what you are talking about is if i parked my car on the side of the road IC and ran into nature ICly and then it got stolen. 

+1 OP 

Edited by TheCanadian

Then had a heart attack and overcame the unconsciousness moments later, it really is you were there, then you weren't, and now there again to nothing but a barren desert. Plenty of weird examples, that essentially makes sense...ish

Bottomline is it's just as game breaking for the theif to come by a car that is essentially unobtainable. Again the world doesn't revolve around your character. Its annoying and unfortunate, and I'd hate the scenario just as much as you would, but essentially that's just what happened and we'll have to move on from there. I know that it doesn't make sense for a man to just slam the breaks, exit his car and enjoy the sunset for 20 minutes.

But I just don't think it's a good idea RP wise at least… 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.