st3fan333

Not enough Police and too many criminals

Hello,

The recent flood of people into the server has caused an unbalance; not enough police to deal with the criminals. 

Most ((New players)) choose the easy life on a criminal. They pay $10k for a gun license another $8k for a pistol and they're ready to hit stores, chop cars and rob other players. I find it that this way of life is much easier than doing a legitimate job until you reach 2.5k, 4k or 5k EXP to become a Taxi driver, Mechanic or Police officer respectively. 

This is also a problem for the Medics as ~70% of my calls are ignored or the Ambulance arrives much too late, because there are too many calls.

(Also BIG +1 for the Border Control idea where new players can be tested and taught how to play on the server - in the border control criminal life should be frowned up and government jobs should be advertised.)

To conclude I reckon more should be done to advertise the life in a government job (I have seen more adverts for Police and Taxi drivers). More should be done to sway new players towards legitimate jobs. such as;

• Increasing the pay or benefits for the base jobs (Bus, Trucker, Postal etc) - Do criminals still receive that $2500 which rises?
  • Creating a new department for new players within the police force - which would require 2.5k EXP.

I feel that once a ((New player)) is grasped with the legitimate life they won't become a criminal.

Stefan Gurrent

• Like 1

+1 !!

I would put a minimum EXP before choosing to do ILLEGAL JOBS or taking a criminal life, so that who actually isn't into proper RP will not join or maybe change idea about what RP actually is.

I would also have players under a certain EXP immune to robberies or able to report the people that do rob them. TBH it's never fun joining a server and getting rob 24/7 when you don't know anyone IC or just can't get from point A to point B without being harassed. 

• Like 1

I agree. Definitely not enough of a police presence in the server. I remember SAMP NGRP, there were 5-6 different LEO factions for a player base of 500/500 constantly, LSPD, SFPD, FBI, S.H.A.F.T, N.O.O.S.E, etc it was balanced. I know there has been a huge influx in the player base but now is the time to hire more cops or maybe create a second LEO faction. Sandy Shore Sheriff's Bureau would have jurisdiction of all the territory north of Los Santos and LSPD would have the jurisdiction of Los Santos.

Edited by obscurD
  • Like 1
  • PogU 1

25 minutes ago, Scott Cleverley said:

It's not police it's the lack rp people are putting into. It's shame to see when the streamer Sodappopin who plays first time GTA RP is rp'ing better than people here who plays for long time.

That's very true! So annoying and pathetic how some ((New players)) try harder to RP than people who have been here for a while now.

• Like 1

* The Police Department is actively recruiting, if people do not apply it's their own fault, not the departments.

* LSEMS is under new leadership, give it time to create a new system and get its recruitment stable again, also is waiting for applications, if people don't apply, medical calls will just keep taking longer.

* I do not agree with an XP requirement for people to be a criminal. People need to make money and being a criminal is a good way of doing that aside of jobs. Creating a criminal XP requirement would prevent new players from having things to do aside of script jobs.

* There is no need for a new LEO faction right now, LSPD itself is trying to recruit, With PD itself being understaffed, there is no way a new LEO faction would currently work right now. Were not going to lower the XP requirement either to get into a Government faction, regardless of the influx of players. Im sure in the future a new LEO faction would be possible, but its just not going to happen right now.

* PD and EMS do make advertisements about jobs, it is just UNRP and not realistic for a Government Agency to spam advertisements about jobs.

Obviously all players start somewhere but the hole point of the quiz is to help us know if a player is ready and experienced enough to start here. We very much welcome new players but only if they know the basics to role playing. @FatherOsborn

17 minutes ago, st3fan333 said:

That's very true! So annoying and pathetic how some ((New players)) try harder to RP than people who have been here for a while now.

Yeah, I'm sergeant at SADOC, there's loads of people driving around prison, you try to pull them over and to tell them you can't drive around here like that since it's prison all they say  is"fuck you you ain't police, you have no power here", try to do such shit in real life you would see that they have power to put you to jail for such shit. Honest thing this server is so far from being rp server as Me from the moon. It's just dm server with extra steps.

Edited by Scott Cleverley

Hello, all legal factions are actively trying to recruit. A new legal faction is not on the radar, we have enough faction as it is trying to get staffed, both PD/MD/DOC along with DCC/LSC and Bayview. I also know that the leader of LSEMS have recruited people "off the street" if they prove that they can RP. 

Check #weazel-news-feed to see faction advertising. 

7 minutes ago, Drake Parker said:

* The Police Department is actively recruiting, if people do not apply it's their own fault, not the departments.

* LSEMS is under new leadership, give it time to create a new system and get its recruitment stable again, also is waiting for applications, if people don't apply, medical calls will just keep taking longer.

* I do not agree with an XP requirement for people to be a criminal. People need to make money and being a criminal is a good way of doing that aside of jobs. Creating a criminal XP requirement would prevent new players from having things to do aside of script jobs.

* There is no need for a new LEO faction right now, LSPD itself is trying to recruit, With PD itself being understaffed, there is no way a new LEO faction would currently work right now. Were not going to lower the XP requirement either to get into a Government faction, regardless of the influx of players. Im sure in the future a new LEO faction would be possible, but its just not going to happen right now.

* PD and EMS do make advertisements about jobs, it is just UNRP and not realistic for a Government Agency to spam advertisements about jobs.

Obviously all players start somewhere but the hole point of the quiz is to help us know if a player is ready and experienced enough to start here. We very much welcome new players but only if they know the basics to role playing. @FatherOsborn

The department isn't at fault but for a lot of ((New players)) it's not worth joining the PD.

Stefan Gurrent

1 minute ago, st3fan333 said:

The department isn't at fault but for a lot of ((New players)) it's not worth joining the PD.

Stefan Gurrent

The LSPD is an advanced faction. Players can easily be legal citizens and have plenty to do while also having fun. It is very easy to gain XP fast and join something such as DOC/LSC or even Bayview to earn money aside of real jobs that require a lower level of XP, after that they will surely have required XP to join a faction such as EMS or LSPD that requires a higher XP level.

1 hour ago, st3fan333 said:

Hello,

The recent flood of people into the server has caused an unbalance; not enough police to deal with the criminals. 

Most ((New players)) choose the easy life on a criminal. They pay $10k for a gun license another $8k for a pistol and they're ready to hit stores, chop cars and rob other players. I find it that this way of life is much easier than doing a legitimate job until you reach 2.5k, 4k or 5k EXP to become a Taxi driver, Mechanic or Police officer respectively. 

This is also a problem for the Medics as ~70% of my calls are ignored or the Ambulance arrives much too late, because there are too many calls.

(Also BIG +1 for the Border Control idea where new players can be tested and taught how to play on the server - in the border control criminal life should be frowned up and government jobs should be advertised.)

To conclude I reckon more should be done to advertise the life in a government job (I have seen more adverts for Police and Taxi drivers). More should be done to sway new players towards legitimate jobs. such as;

• Increasing the pay or benefits for the base jobs (Bus, Trucker, Postal etc) - Do criminals still receive that $2500 which rises?
  • Creating a new department for new players within the police force - which would require 2.5k EXP.

I feel that once a ((New player)) is grasped with the legitimate life they won't become a criminal.

Stefan Gurrent

Hi there!

I'd like to start off by saying you've made a great observation! One that I can't help but partially agree with! However, I'd like to correct you based on my current understanding of one thing: Weapons Permits cost 30k I believe. Not 10k as they used too. I may be wrong however myself.

I'm typing this from my phone at work whilst on the el toilito, so I plan to make a more detailed post later. But right now I want to say that I don't think the problem is entirely on the criminals side.

The police and the way the police faction is structured has as much to do with this situation as the criminal life does. Why? I'll explain below:

Firstly, I'll mention that I used to play a cop, and that everything I have to say is based on my observations as someone who played a character that never made it past Cadet (Important to mention I feel. And I'll explain that as well.)

So, I'll begin with this:

- Do you know what kind of standards members of the police are expected to be held too?

I'll answer this, they're very high in both IC and OOC capacities. Becoming a cop in my opinion was a fairly long process in and of itself, I was excited when I was accepted and got to stand along my future Comrades as the Captain them self at the time took the time to ICly greet us and teach us young cadets. It was an amazing experience that I still remember almost a year later.

However, with as much occasional fun as I had, I needed to learn the ropes! And how else would I do that other than by learning from my superiors and doing my FTPs?

Here I encountered my first problem: The lack of available superiors to teach my character I knew I was dedicated and wanted to learn as much as I could both ICly and OOCly. However at the time I was very much limited to standing behind the police counter, tending to the citizens and criminals that may come about, it was fun sometimes but more often than not there came the quiet periods where nothing would happen.

I looked up to the other officers and wanted to be like them, maybe even a Detective! But alas, after many weeks of standing behind the counter real life struck hard and I needed to stop playing.

Here is where we can potentially help remedy the situation pertaining to the topic at hand:

After a period of inactivity, officers are dishonorably discharged from service without properly informing the appropriate individuals/superiors beforehand. This seems fine, however a discharge seems unnecessary.

Now I am speaking for ranks higher than Cadet of course, Officer I, II, Detective and what have you. All of these ranks are carried by people that have OOC lives, and RL can strike them down at any time! 

When you're discharged you are removed from the faction and I believe can be reinstated yes, however I feel it would be more beneficial to put officers on leave if they are gone for a period of time, this way, along with the influx of players and returning players (Like myself) have the option of going rejoining the faction quickly and getting into the swing of things after demonstrating and acknowledging new changes or basic information in the force.

This is not the only thing I feel may be a problem with the LSPD, it is only one of them. I stated that I'm a returning player but I do not plan on becoming a cop again currently because of the current seeming inactivity described in both my post and your main topic.

I have much more to add, but hopefully this comment inspires thoughtful comments and counter rebuttal so I won't have to type the rest out later!

while I agree that the issue identified is a problem for the server and accurate.  the solutions you suggest are not the only way to achieve this.  Ultimately I think we both agree that more diverse RP and less grand standing criminal RPing is the best solution.

more cops means more nonsense interactions.  Look at real life... you have all these cops and need to find quotas and other BS to justify a police force that size.  In RP similarly people would fill their time with BS interactions like pulling people over for red lights and jay walking.

UNLESS... there are dirty cops.  Now there is a chance for the cops to pass their time, just like in real life, with higher risk but larger reward opportunities

Just a random thought about 1 of the many aspects to consider here.  Bottom line... there are some really bad RPing criminals and it makes it seem like being a criminal is a easy brash lifestyle where you bark orders and fear RP and then get stuff.  *YAWN*  For those who properly RP criminal interactions and take real RP risks the results are well worth it and the money isn't the largest winfall

5 minutes ago, Swagmiku said:

- I would consider joining the medical services since they seem to be in dire need of players in that faction on my main law abiding character.

Yeah the main reason for this post is my concern as how imbalanced the server is right now.

I do agree, factions in the government have Not enough people which obviously came up due to the streamer hype of GTA RP again (sodapoppin tryin again, summit this time mit getting banned like in FamilyRP and LIRIK)

The real issue I personally see is the Player Cap being so high. Eclipse already exists since few years now and meanwhile there is a huge Player Base and in my opinion a split into several Servers would be beneficial for everyone.

The players who have been here a while now know how to deal with the current system. A System which makes proper RP hard because due to a huge Player Slot Limit there are no real stories with a certain Party it is all random encounters which are kept short or just gangs with immense size but at the end hard to do real RP.

I would think a seperation into different hives or Servers would Help a Lot.

Maybe even 3 public and few whitelist which can be acquired by proper Application or a certain Activity time on Public.

I do think players who have been for a while here like me know EXACTLY how most situations end...in short handed Chaos. No real story. That is the Key we all should work on.

As one Community together we should shape the world we want to play in.

Edited by Spark

3 hours ago, obscurD said:

I agree. Definitely not enough of a police presence in the server. I remember SAMP NGRP, there were 5-6 different LEO factions for a player base of 500/500 constantly, LSPD, SFPD, FBI, S.H.A.F.T, N.O.O.S.E, etc it was balanced. I know there has been a huge influx in the player base but now is the time to hire more cops or maybe create a second LEO faction. Sandy Shore Sheriff's Bureau would have jurisdiction of all the territory north of Los Santos and LSPD would have the jurisdiction of Los Santos.

It was definitely not balanced. The scales were always tilted towards the LEOs on NGRP, we were allowed to use TeamSpeak, most of those factions had a weaponised vehicle for the majority of the time, and the gangs were not as co-ordinated as they are here, thanks to VOIP.

NGRP was anything but balanced lmao.

Adding another faction is not the way to go either, if people want to RP a Sheriff they can join PD and patrol Blaine County, they don't need SD. You'd just be spreading the cops out more, not adding more into the server.

Edited by SimonBluman

18 minutes ago, Spark said:

I do agree, factions in the government have Not enough people which obviously came up due to the streamer hype of GTA RP again (sodapoppin tryin again, summit this time mit getting banned like in FamilyRP and LIRIK)

The real issue I personally see is the Player Cap being so high. Eclipse already exists since few years now and meanwhile there is a huge Player Base and in my opinion a split into several Servers would be beneficial for everyone.

The players who have been here a while now know how to deal with the current system. A System which makes proper RP hard because due to a huge Player Slot Limit there are no real stories with a certain Party it is all random encounters which are kept short or just gangs with immense size but at the end hard to do real RP.

I would think a seperation into different hives or Servers would Help a Lot.

Maybe even 3 public and few whitelist which can be acquired by proper Application or a certain Activity time on Public.

I do think players who have been for a while here like me know EXACTLY how most situations end...in short handed Chaos. No real story. That is the Key we all should work on.

As one Community together we should shape the world we want to play in.

I don't think splitting the server up into many smaller servers is a viable solution yet. Although I won't disagree that smaller servers would offer more in terms of social RP and story based plots with everyone getting to know each other.

Eclipse is different in that regard, we need to strive to find a way to remedy the current issue in this topic at hand, and there are a lot of contributing factors.

- I feel like the LSPD needs to streamline its training process, this way recruits can get out there in the field, bust some criminals, and potentially create more thrilling RP experiences.

- The emergency services needs more personnel. I understand they are in the middle of restructuring, if they would have me when I submit my application I will gladly put in the effort into contributing more into medical roleplay in general, and hope other players consider joining me in doing so.

- We need to find a way to guide players toward more story based and social RP jobs that make money. This will lessen the huge influx of criminals to an extent in my opinion if put into place properly.

Let me clarify this one:

When a new player begins a job as a courier, bus driver, arnored bank truck operator, gas tanker etc. None of these jobs offer personable RP experiences with other players 9 times out of 10. This is because these new players are scrambling to get to their next destination to make their moolah as fast as possible. And while it is entirely possible they may encounter some RP on the way to their destination, its too few and far between.

I speak from experience on that one, my characters are not rich, I need to perform jobs every now and then to make bank. I've been there, done that. As much as I've tried to engage in RP activity whilst performing these types of jobs, it just wasnt happening.

Taxing, Police, Medical, in my opinion all jobs should be based like these. They naturally offer RP and a passive amount of income so long as you're working! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swagmiku said:

I don't think splitting the server up into many smaller servers is a viable solution yet. Although I won't disagree that smaller servers would offer more in terms of social RP and story based plots with everyone getting to know each other.

Eclipse is different in that regard, we need to strive to find a way to remedy the current issue in this topic at hand, and there are a lot of contributing factors.

- I feel like the LSPD needs to streamline its training process, this way recruits can get out there in the field, bust some criminals, and potentially create more thrilling RP experiences.

- The emergency services needs more personnel. I understand they are in the middle of restructuring, if they would have me when I submit my application I will gladly put in the effort into contributing more into medical roleplay in general, and hope other players consider joining me in doing so.

- We need to find a way to guide players toward more story based and social RP jobs that make money. This will lessen the huge influx of criminals to an extent in my opinion if put into place properly.

Let me clarify this one:

When a new player begins a job as a courier, bus driver, arnored bank truck operator, gas tanker etc. None of these jobs offer personable RP experiences with other players 9 times out of 10. This is because these new players are scrambling to get to their next destination to make their moolah as fast as possible. And while it is entirely possible they may encounter some RP on the way to their destination, its too few and far between.

I speak from experience on that one, my characters are not rich, I need to perform jobs every now and then to make bank. I've been there, done that. As much as I've tried to engage in RP activity whilst performing these types of jobs, it just wasnt happening.

Taxing, Police, Medical, in my opinion all jobs should be based like these. They naturally offer RP and a passive amount of income so long as you're working! 

I agree although I think splitting is a hard decision to make but Most likely the right one considering the RP benefits. Making story bound RP easier to develop.

This has been a Suggestion already a while ago about 1 1/2 years and at that time or was Not really needed but now considering atleast a Extra Whitelist Server  for the more serious RP Players like you and me while leaving then public Server for the casual players that don't want to settle down for too long.

Back when I was active staff I initiated the Public Relations Staff Team. As Head of HR I noted Community Input, filtered and categorized it by Priority and went through it with staff.

It was doing really well giving the Community the transparency needed and an ear to listen to.

If you want to Talk about general stuff and the situation hit me up on Discord

Heatst0rm#0001

26 minutes ago, Spark said:

I agree although I think splitting is a hard decision to make but Most likely the right one considering the RP benefits. Making story bound RP easier to develop.

This has been a Suggestion already a while ago about 1 1/2 years and at that time or was Not really needed but now considering atleast a Extra Whitelist Server  for the more serious RP Players like you and me while leaving then public Server for the casual players that don't want to settle down for too long.

Back when I was active staff I initiated the Public Relations Staff Team. As Head of HR I noted Community Input, filtered and categorized it by Priority and went through it with staff.

It was doing really well giving the Community the transparency needed and an ear to listen to.

If you want to Talk about general stuff and the situation hit me up on Discord

Heatst0rm#0001

I'd definitely be down on giving my opinion on how we could potentially drive more interactive and meaningful roleplay for sure! Problem though! I can't seem to get into the Eclipse Discord haha! I've been trying the link at the top and it just never seems to work for me, I was going to ask a staff member about it eventually, would you mind hitting me up in the DMs with a private working link if you got one? Or anyone else for that matter?

Looking forward to speaking with you soon!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swagmiku said:

I'd definitely be down on giving my opinion on how we could potentially drive more interactive and meaningful roleplay for sure! Problem though! I can't seem to get into the Eclipse Discord haha! I've been trying the link at the top and it just never seems to work for me, I was going to ask a staff member about it eventually, would you mind hitting me up in the DMs with a private working link if you got one? Or anyone else for that matter?

Looking forward to speaking with you soon!

Send me a friend request in Discord and I will assist you with your Discord issue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.