Kai

Lower or limit vehicle repair costs.

I can see why people would agree with me here, but I can also see why some may disagree, but here goes.

I've purchased an expensive car on the server using credits, and unfortunately I'm already regretting it.

A random person who I assume was desynced rammed through my car and another person's car, causing my car to get damaged.  Not too bad though, so I continued.  A little later on, a cop rammed into the back of me, and although he apologised - the damage was done.  However at the time.. I didn't realise how much damage.  And now an RDM'er just shot my tires out and damaged my car further...

I went to go repair my car with a mechanic only to find that there's a base starter cost at just under $10,000 before labour.  Whilst I understand that more expensive cars should warrant a higher cost, is it fair to charge such a high amount? Especially as we all know that most of the damage that responsible drivers receive are caused by other people..

I understand that part of my problem is that I bought an expensive car - but it is a shame to feel regret of spending money when I want to support the server, but now can't risk using my vehicle...

Anyway, I suggest lowering the cost or capping it.  At the very least, warn new players who want to support the server that they won't be able to cover the costs of what they are buying. I can't spend $10k+ every time I get damaged by some other person driving badly.

Edited by JagMaz

50 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

big -1

Repairing a car used to be super cheap and no one cared about car damage, they would literally treat it like nothing. Since the new system I've seen people complain and demand repair costs from other people after accidents, as it should be.

Yes but nobody is going to pay for these repairs.  I probably would say no even as someone who follows the law etc if the cost was gonna be 10k.  If it was less then yeah sure but 10k is a lot to shell out for it.

To be totally honest, with a bit more thought, maybe cars which you buy with credits should have a lower repair cost - as they're bought with real life money and cannot be sold / scrapped. That would solve the issue of new players actually being able to afford the cars they've paid for.

As I said in the OP - I do see why these costs are needed, and I don't necessarily want them too cheap either, but I do feel that $10,000 every time some idiot rams into me is a bit much.

I mean you're an LSPD officer yourself, the cop that rammed into me even said sorry and then sped off - he wasn't even in a chase or anything, and there's no way I can even report him to the police. It's not like I know who it is or any way to identify them.  And if even an LSPD officer doesn't stop, why would anyone else stop for me to get paid for damages?

Edited by JagMaz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

big -1

Repairing a car used to be super cheap and no one cared about car damage, they would literally treat it like nothing. Since the new system I've seen people complain and demand repair costs from other people after accidents, as it should be.

eh, no one will comply - broken system

+1 for OP

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingNoosh said:

-1 There will always be desync but you shouldn't own an expensive car if you can't maintain it in the server.

That's partly my point, it will mean people don't want to donate for the nicer cars with credits, especially new players.  At the very least maybe give a warning, or have a lower cost for credit vehicles considering they can't be sold etc anyway.

The amount of times a person can get rammed in a day is silly, especially when the server gets more populated.  100k every day for an active player spending on repairs? No thank you.

Edited by JagMaz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JagMaz said:

That's partly my point, it will mean people don't want to donate for the nicer cars with credits, especially new players.  The amount of times a person can get rammed in a day is silly, especially when the server gets more populated.  100k every day for an active player spending on repairs? No thank you.

Rather have more people dedicated to RP than whiny kids using their parent's card for virtual sports cars they can't maintain in-game tbqh.

1 minute ago, KingNoosh said:

-1 There will always be desync but you shouldn't own an expensive car if you can't maintain it in the server.

Desync isnt part of the RP, so seems unfair to say he cant afford to run a car like that, because he can... just not in a world where cars teleport. And this isnt a problem with the server. There should be some system to cover desync repairs. Idk what could work tho.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KingNoosh said:

Rather have more people dedicated to RP than whiny kids using their parent's card for virtual sports cars they can't maintain in-game tbqh.

I would advise that you don't resort to calling people 'whiny kids' just because we share a valid complaint.  I may well even be older than you.

Thanks for input anyway I guess.

• Like 1
  • PogU 1

10 minutes ago, st3fan333 said:

Desync isnt part of the RP, so seems unfair to say he cant afford to run a car like that, because he can... just not in a world where cars teleport. And this isnt a problem with the server. There should be some system to cover desync repairs. Idk what could work tho.

Yeah I agree.

Just a second ago I watched a guy with a pretty nice and expensive car get completely smashed by a bus ramming into him, crushing him against a tree. This caused his car to smoke up and rendering it useless.  All because he was following the law, stopping at a red light and now has a cost due to a person breaking server rules.  

There should be a cost, but for more expensive cars, as this will happen somewhat often, there should be a limit.

Edited by JagMaz
  • Like 1

This turned into a discussion.

Anyway. Speaking as the current los santos customs owner. I never seen a 10.000 base price for repairs except for one or two sport cars or supercars. (And superdiamond) 

The mechanic shop itself earns money from labor. That is why labor base prices change. Depending om supply and demand.