nektan

Mechanic shop car wash

Howdy,

I reckon the way we do car washes at the mechanic shop right now might be turning some folks off. If we dropped the base cost to a flat $500, more folks might fancy giving their cars a wash at the mechanic's.

I did a stint at LSC and Bayview, and I noticed hardly anyone taking up the car wash offer (/mechoffer 2 350). Seems like the price puts 'em off, especially for nicer rides.

Seems like the cost depends on the car's value, so a fancy Jugular pays way more than a Warrener. If we made it the same for all cars, it'd give everyone more to roleplay with, and bump up the profits for LSC, Bayview, & Benny's (maybe a small labor fee). Right now, it seems like most folks just head to the downtown carwash, no RP, just a click.

Yee-haw

Edited by nektan
  • Upvote 1

+1

I'm on board with this, but also for me, car washes are great for 3 minutes when your car gets dirty af again within 2 km. It just nulls the point of  a car wash when it gets that dirty that quickly. In conjunction with this, I'd love it if there was a way to alter the GTA code that sets the dirty layers and defer the distance or time driving to be much more than that. This way people going to car shows can arrive with their cars clean, people can enjoy their cars being clean much longer, people will actually want to use the Car Wash in the city, or use the services at one of the three mechanic shops.

While I agree, setting a fixed price at the mechanics shops is needed, I think there's also a re-working of how quickly cars get dirty that needs to be changed as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SquirtleSquad said:

+1

I'm on board with this, but also for me, car washes are great for 3 minutes when your car gets dirty af again within 2 km. It just nulls the point of  a car wash when it gets that dirty that quickly. In conjunction with this, I'd love it if there was a way to alter the GTA code that sets the dirty layers and defer the distance or time driving to be much more than that. This way people going to car shows can arrive with their cars clean, people can enjoy their cars being clean much longer, people will actually want to use the Car Wash in the city, or use the services at one of the three mechanic shops.

While I agree, setting a fixed price at the mechanics shops is needed, I think there's also a re-working of how quickly cars get dirty that needs to be changed as well.

To do this you would probably need to have a function running on an interval that keeps setting the dirt level back to 0 if it goes to 1 or above as i dont think there is an event triggered when the csr becomes dirtier. It's not a perfect solution but it could work and I agree the car doesn't stay clean for long enough.

9 hours ago, SquirtleSquad said:

This was in scriptly doable long before the one on Innocence

yes it's called a visual repair. I don't see the point in making the visual repair cheaper to be used as a car wash, especially now there is a car wash added.

Honestly i would rather they just changed how quickly dirt shows on a freshly washed car.

I use the car wash in the city, then head up north to see some friends, by the time im pulling into bayview my cars already caked in mud again despite me just going on a quick blast up the freeway, not on a rally.

19 hours ago, Quietthecutie said:

Honestly i would rather they just changed how quickly dirt shows on a freshly washed car.

I use the car wash in the city, then head up north to see some friends, by the time im pulling into bayview my cars already caked in mud again despite me just going on a quick blast up the freeway, not on a rally.

As far as I know, you can't change the time it takes to get dirty or listen for an event that fires when the dirt level increases. All the carwash does is run a command that uses setDirtLevel function of the API and sets it to 0 (goes up to 15 at max dirtiness). As mentioned there could be a function on an interval checking the dirt level getDirtLevel and setting it back to 0 if it is >= 1. 

This could be implemented as a 'wax and polish' service with an additional cost too.

Edited by benchippendale
more detail

On 5/21/2024 at 5:34 PM, Cup said:

+1 plus, especially if my car stops getting covered in dirt driving for 2 minutes on a paved road

yea. its stupid. but I've found out that the dirt appears the moment your wheels starts skidding. If you drive carefully and your wheels never spin. the car won't get dirt.

even tho. i still find the wash by mechanic stupidly expensive