14 hours ago, pasha9 said:

you might wanna read the gang rules again homie

I mean you can roleplay with people that are new to your gang without inviting them in f4, especially if they don't log too often or aren't always present during group activities. We know that a lot of factions have members that only log in during weekends. If they are consistent, that's another story

If all you wanna do is clap, well, that's why I am against increasing the cap 

Edited by TheCactus

I'm not in favour of just blindly raising the cap, it was instituted for a good reason.
That said, I think if a faction has kept their nose clean and doesn't overdo the clapping, then I don't see why FM couldn't allow them more people.

Having more people doesn't automatically mean something negative, it just increases the likelihood.

• Like 1

We should not be enabling the largest factions on the server to grow larger, but find ways to encourage smaller groups to make the jump to be on their level in terms of resources. thus increasing gang variety, competitiveness and RP ops. this is how we move away from the clap meta.

If you already have 30 active regular members in your gang and you have no one to cut. then you are set.

Edited by Quietthecutie

-1 Until people stop thinking PvP is the main form of criminal rp for example turning labs into a bloodbath or killing people cause they looked at you funny. 

Criminal groups need to focus on quality rp, until that happens I don't think it would ever be a good idea to increase the cap.

This also gives smaller groups a chance to gain more members rather than the big crews sucking everyone up. Don't get me wrong having more than 30 sounds fun but the way gangs will use that faction cap is a different story, any crew can say "oh we don't clap or promote pvp mentalities" but they sure as shit change quickly.

• Like 1

Gangs shouldn’t be huge, it wouldn’t allow smaller groups to do the crim activities they want, when it was 40 it was near impossible to use public areas as a small group

The waiting lists for gangs also create much higher loyalty to the actual members, much more similar to real life.

On 5/1/2024 at 6:21 PM, Bala said:

That said, I think if a faction has kept their nose clean and doesn't overdo the clapping, then I don't see why FM couldn't allow them more people.

Having more people doesn't automatically mean something negative, it just increases the likelihood.

Love this idea and this is what I'm in support of. Could come as an additional perk to a certain tier, or as you said just good behavior.

Maybe not an extra 10 people though, that just seems a bit unfair towards other factions that have might've messed up in the past. Having the ability to have a few extra people on your roster in rewards for good behavior would be cool though!

Edited by Nicholas Valentine

+1 From a perspective of let's say someone who's not in a gang but wanting to join lets say a gang that is capped. You cant be on freq your not sent freqs and you need to drive around for hours or power call people who's phones need to be off because of tracing to try to get ahold of someone to try and find out where people are to hang out and engage in RP with the gang.

This is not fun and leads to people login off. I'd suggest 30 members + lets say 3-5 hang arounds/prospects who are allowed to be given freqs and roll with the gang on top of the 30. It makes no sense having people who want to join not be able to interact with the gang unless they run into them or someone happens to turn on there phone after jail or dyeing. 

No one who has 25/ even 10 friends in 1 gang is going to start a new group ever. I honestly believe an extra 3/5 hang around/ prospects isn't going to make anything unhealthy. how can 3 people wanting to join a gang and be on freq hanging with friends engaging in RP be unhealthy? because they might engage in a fight with another gang? if Everyone is allowed 3 or 5 more people how will it be unfair and to whom? 

Big gangs already steam roll smaller ones change colors and rob them what is the difference of allowing 3-5 prospects? 

let's be honest everyone who's -1 this i bet is in a gang and doesn't go through the struggles of trying to join one. 

Edited by Smoke1

I think it's fine where it is.

Having a lower capacity makes it a little easier for the smaller groups to make a presence without being constantly bullied until they disband.

A lower capacity also makes faction command put some thought into the people they allow into their faction to maintain the faction's reputation and quality since right now there really isn't much that goes into recruiting people in crim factions other than being friends and meeting XP requirements (Correct me if I'm wrong). 30 people is a good amount to work with and the command needs to decide who is a positive contributor to the faction and who gets the boot.

Finally, a lower capacity helps prevent the server from becoming even more of a PVP server and allows groups to plan and focus on actual RP rather than massive gang wars on a daily basis.

The server has a healthy amount of criminal factions currently and I think there is some balance among them as well.

Edited by Jett_J
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2024 at 2:27 AM, Smoke1 said:

Big gangs already steam roll smaller ones change colors and rob them what is the difference of allowing 3-5 prospects? 

So then when the cap is 35 to allow these new prospects in, a new thread will come soon after saying "what is the difference of allowing 3-5 prospects?" then the cap is 40 - a line needs to be drawn at some point and I think 30 is a good point as to allows big gangs to still exist while not drastically ruining the experience of smaller groups.