DoubleA

Lab Problem!

Everyone has been talking, we've all talked about it, the lab change was GREAT to add more labs, the problem is having 3 labs that are constantly shut down by LEOs, then waiting 24-48 hours for a new one to spawn, is horrendous. I have a lab fix that I think would work!

• Problem: Simplified explanation, the labs that have 2 crack tables, 2 coke tables, and 2 weed tables, are some of the worst to have. It takes about 400 drugs to fully take 1 turf, so cooking 400 cocaine will take 12.5 hours. 22 minutes 25 seconds per 10 on the table, multiply that by 20. thats insanity.
  • Solution: Make the labs CONSTANT with one style, make 7 of the labs have 6 coke tables, 7 of the labs have 6 crack tables, and fix islands tables to make that be the only lab that is mixed half and half, as thats the biggest one that people will constantly use for the biggest groups to hold. 

• Problem: 6 of 7 days, there are less than 3 labs open with tables, due to the problem AlexAlex brought up about people calling cops to change the labs, making it difficult for groups to fulfil their duties of maintaining turfs.
  • Solution 1: Simple, up the number of open labs from 3 to . Split the labs as 3 crack labs, 3 coke labs, and maybe 1 mixed lab.
  • Solution 2: Change the timer to make it 1 hour after a lab gets shut down, a new one opens up. If its going to be a constant, make it so there's a constant rotation of labs.

These are just a few that I wanted to bring up, others please bring up other issues below, just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Recommended to post by Bakmeel - light this post up.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

I'll have a chat with the powers that be, see if we can work out a solution between us.

Think understandably there isn't a desire to have loads of active labs but perhaps a slight increase with more potential locations would ease the congestion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bala said:

I'll have a chat with the powers that be, see if we can work out a solution between us.

Think understandably there isn't a desire to have loads of active labs but perhaps a slight increase with more potential locations would ease the congestion.

I think the biggest problem is the broken tables and the split table styles, thank you for always being on the players side❤️

7 hours ago, Bala said:

The issue is budget criminals making it their goal to disrupt them on purpose with law enforcement. No amount of locations can solve that. We need a script prevention to having too many labs destroyed at once. Imagine if a single player could remove all choppable vehicles from the map, or a single player could turn off all banks in the server. That is exactly what is happening with drug labs. It's not alright.

My proposed solution would be to have the script check, and if 2 or more labs were destroyed, they should respawn instantly at a new location.

+1

I've spent quite a lot of hours this week with my time off work driving around just looking for a lab open, manage to cook at one for an hour. Leave for 5 minutes to get materials and then the lab is just gone, so I spend half an hour driving around to find an active lab, turns out NONE are open at all. So I log off as there is no one else I know online to do other activities. Then I log in later when the server traffic is more to learn there's still no labs available.

It's been a bit annoying l, the other week when one got shut down IE. Grandma's, it was open again within the Hour. And it got shut down twice in a day by SD and still re open quite soon after the debacle.

I have noticed people pulling chases by the Dam lab when I was there, they went by on the dirt road past the lab, then 20 minutes later a full squad of PD rolled into the lab so we had to dip and loose drugs on the tables. They shouldn't act on the labs if a pursuit passes by, maybe if it stops in the lab if someone is going there for backup. But that shouldn't happen, it's very frustrating. 

I would like the labs to have, as DoubleA has already said about the split and the labs that have a solid amount of crack or coke tables. It's also very difficult for factions at the moment as even (new player)'s seem to just know where all the labs are straight away. Seeing this is pretty frustrating as my journey started 4 years ago and was very difficult to get involved with the criminal underworld of making drugs etc. so seeing people log in and the first hours going straight to making drugs etc. is a little frustrating.

+1

This is a great idea in my opinion, there have been times where I will go check every lab on the map and not find a single active lab and it would stay that way for hours. There should always be active labs on the map.

Also I think it'd be nice if the invisible tables could get fixed, I myself have seen multiple labs with invisible tables and it's just hard to find all the tables in those said labs.