Nexus111

Direct the impound notifications to the legal faction the impound is located in.

Often people make fake 911 calls, get really annoyed and etc because police won't come and release their car. The reason we don't go to release their car is because we never know if their at the paleto impound or city impound. It also just makes more sense anyway to direct the notifications to a certain faction. My main suggestion would have a message like this show up to all factions: [Paleto Impound] - John Doe is waiting at the impound

And vise versa. This way, police know what impound needs them so they can go to it, this time they know they would not be wasting time. And if we are open juro Police will know if any impound needs help, and they can help them. This suggestion benefits both sides and I feel it could be a little change that can really help.

I have spoken to other cops and they also agree with this.

+1

While I'm still newer to PD on my new character, I try my best to hit the impounds when I see notifications and am available to do so (I've had a crim the entire time I've played Eclipse so I know the pain of waiting at impound for 30+ minutes). When I show up there and no one is around, it kind of sucks because I just want to help someone get this thing knocked out and provide some RP, but they're at the other impound lot. I can generally assume that most notifications are for the Los Santos impound lot and not the Paleto one, but not always.

From someone in SD, we get conditioned after awhile to not bother going to paleto because 98% of the time the person is at city impound. I would bet if it actually told us it was paleto impound it would be responded to much more quickly.

+10

Yea CBA check if its paleto impound or not especially since most of the time it's the city impound. If it said Paleto or City impound then there would be more reason to go.

Impound notifications are also not very eye catching and get missed quite often. 

Not sure why people are putting on a tin foil hat thinking we purposefully make people wait 30 minutes to get their cars out. Frankly its on the bottom of the priority list and people arent motivated to take a trip to the impound to see if its paleto or city.

30 minutes ago, Jett_J said:

Yea CBA check if its paleto impound or not especially since most of the time it's the city impound. If it said Paleto or City impound then there would be more reason to go.

Impound notifications are also not very eye catching and get missed quite often. 

Not sure why people are putting on a tin foil hat thinking we purposefully make people wait 30 minutes to get their cars out. Frankly its on the bottom of the priority list and people arent motivated to take a trip to the impound to see if its paleto or city.

You realise you just proved your tin foil hat theory right?

23 minutes ago, Quietthecutie said:

You realise you just proved your tin foil hat theory right?

???

The suggestion is to let LEOs know exactly which impound the person is waiting. Somebody commented saying that's not the reason it takes so long as if we don't respond out of spite which isn't true.

13 minutes ago, Jett_J said:

???

The suggestion is to let LEOs know exactly which impound the person is waiting. Somebody commented saying that's not the reason it takes so long as if we don't respond out of spite which isn't true.

From previous suggestions we have had on forums i would say the prevailing "tin foil hat" theory is that LEOs dont respond to impound requests deliberately because when they notice one they "CBA" and "people arent motivated to take a trip to the impound." the common counter argument would be that LEOs are too busy, not as your are eluding to, that they are not motivated.

Honestly we may have gotten it misconstrued if the reason is a lack of motivation/direction/notification. none of these things have been given as reasons by LEOs in the past as to why they dont respond. if thats the case perhaps that needs looking at.

Edited by Quietthecutie

1 hour ago, Jett_J said:

Idk which faction you're in but if you're in SD, it literally takes you 5 seconds to check if its paleto impound or not, 5 seconds that could save someone else 30mins of their lives being wasted sitting idle cuz you're too lazy to check and do your IC duty.
If you're PD its also less than a minute to check the impound, and as I've seen multiple SDs here saying (most of the time it turns out to be pd impound) then why are PD not responding? Do they as well say that most of the times its sd impound?

I'd say its easier in paleto cuz even when I'm on foot I can run to SD in 15 seconds and ask for someone to come if someone's there. But in PD, even if someone's already in the station, he'll try his best to not come. Tons of people say this yet PD try and deny it for some reason, and now saying that THIS is the sole reason its happening is just pure cap.

We wait and see how things change if that gets implemented.

12 minutes ago, Oli said:

Idk which faction you're in but if you're in SD, it literally takes you 5 seconds to check if its paleto impound or not, 5 seconds that could save someone else 30mins of their lives being wasted sitting idle cuz you're too lazy to check and do your IC duty.
If you're PD its also less than a minute to check the impound, and as I've seen multiple SDs here saying (most of the time it turns out to be pd impound) then why are PD not responding? Do they as well say that most of the times its sd impound?

I'd say its easier in paleto cuz even when I'm on foot I can run to SD in 15 seconds and ask for someone to come if someone's there. But in PD, even if someone's already in the station, he'll try his best to not come. Tons of people say this yet PD try and deny it for some reason, and now saying that THIS is the sole reason its happening is just pure cap.

We wait and see how things change if that gets implemented.

I work at SD, and this only applies if

1 - You are eligible to release cars at the impound

And

2 - Your at the station

I see a bit of a argument going on around here and I don't want that. Here's the honest reason that most PD and SD don't go to impounds, I can't speak for everyone but given my time on the force, while brief, I feel I can comfortably speak for the majority. As a deputy/officer we have lots of things to do while it's busy, like 911 calls, backups, pursuits and etc. when it's not busy we often do other things like paper work, speed traps, and interacting with the community or training. The problem is lots of these task involve us almost always being away from the station or being extremely focused on the paperwork or task at hand. So, when we see a impound notification, it makes no sense to stop what your doing to go check just to see if there's someone there. And after a while of this current system we have learned it's best for our time and duties to not check the impound. Now sometimes ill swing by if I'm in the area, but not if I'm in a speed trap across the state. Now, if there was a system like I was suggesting that told us what Impound people are waiting at, it would eliminate the fact that it's a 50/50 shot there's someone at your impound. I guarantee if the system im suggesting was put in place that any active unit, assuming there's not an active situation that needs urgent backup would be more then willing to release your car. 

When we see an impound notification we don't just ignore it out of wanting to be lazy and make you wait, there's just better things we can be doing then taking the gamble. If a newer system that told us what Impound it's at, it would eliminate that gamble and make us much more willing to release you car. 

The above response is partially correct. The best analogy I can think of for LEOs most often not responding is: If a criminal were to get notified over the radio by their allies that something important was about to happen, like organizing a drop, or pushing a lab with known rival gang members in it, you can either choose to go do those things to help your faction members, or you can choose to go to the beach and refill water bottles for cooking. Which would you choose? There are high priority things you do as a faction, and low priority things. If you are free and not doing anything else, sure go respond to the impound lot without any issue. If you are busy already, especially with something more important (or fun tbh), no one is going to voluntarily drop what they are doing and go to the impound right away. During peak hours, its busy most often and there are many calls coming in, or pursuits, etc. If its not peak hours, there are usually very few LEOs actually playing at that time, so its harder to get ahold of someone to go to impound. 

+1 to the suggestion though...its long overdue. 

Edited by Requiem