LewE

Vehicles should be fixed when released from impound

Currently if you get a vehicle released from the impound they stay at the health they were at prior to being impounded, I think we should change this to at least repair the vehicle to a driveable state as currently its hard enough even getting a cop to release your vehicle and when they finally do release it, its perma stalled and then you have to wait even longer for a mechanic to drive to come and fix it. This change will remove inactive vehicles out of the impound and increase server performance and makes the vehicles actually useable again so you can get back to RP instead of AFK in an impound lot.

Edited by LewE

+1

Seeing people get their car out of impound only to realize they have to call a mechanic and wait even longer before being able to move onto other forms of RP is disheartening. If it comes out of impound in at least a drivable state, then people still have to provide RP opportunities to Mechanics to get it repaired the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

I do not think the vehicle should be fixed completely, so as to avoid people using the impound lot as a mechanic service, however having released vehicles spawn driveable (no missing parts, ~450 hp) is reasonable.

this seems like a good compromise. impound is not a mechanic service, but still, being able to drive said car out of impound insted of having to call for an ADDITIONAL mechanic service, which at peak times can be challenging, would stop alot of newly released cars being mors'ed.

+1 to only releasing it at a barely drivable state as mentioned by others above (between 350 - 450 vehicle durability). I also think that if a vehicle is below the 300 HP drivable threshold, then it should charge the owner something like $300 to get that repair to make it drivable as an extra money sink since repairs wouldn't be free and to avoid any potential abuse. 

On 12/31/2023 at 8:15 AM, alexalex303 said:

I do not think the vehicle should be fixed completely, so as to avoid people using the impound lot as a mechanic service, however having released vehicles spawn driveable (no missing parts, ~450 hp) is reasonable.

I agree